Linkin Park Clip #7 'Chester Vocals' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can promise you Minus is not above the rules.

Minus, consider this a warning. Please respect other people's music tastes. Thank you.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I hereby promise to not judge anybody's tastes in music in text form. But know I will be judging in my head and I will stare daggers at my monitor if your views do not align with my own. DAGGERS, I TELL YOU. D. A. G. G. E. R. S.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Emotion is another good example :)

I like both Carly Rae Jensen and Taylor Swift :)

Minus not judging someone?

Then Minus isn't being himself :leo:

Michele likes this.
  4. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Guys, Incubus is also premiering their new song on Thursday! The heavens have spoken! I can't wait!!

AndreyKamensky and CDXVIII like this.
  5. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

I love you, first your comment about no font on the album cover, now this. Thanks for making my day!

7. ciao_fiv

Amount of tracks: 9, hopefully with lots of instrumentals/interludes like ATS!
    Overall sound: soft, R&B influence
    When: Within a month or two hopefully!
    Self-Titled?: I hope not. I hate self titled albums, and albums sharing the name of a song on the album. Linkin Park has never done this and I hope that continues.
    Length: at least an hour hopefully!
    Features: THP had 4, so hopefully 5+

Kilmer and Iopia like this.
  8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. At least you appreciated it and didn't tell me I was "gloating" :lol:

Heads up since your new though...we do ask that if you have more to add to a post, that you edit the original post rather than make two separate posts, as this is referred to as "double posting" and we discourage that here.

Otherwise, I thank you for your comment and I'm glad you joined us! Welcome to the site!

9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

May I ask why you hate self-titled albums?

I understand they can be argued as lazy but outside of that I've never heard of anyone have this issue

10. ciao_fiv

I just find them far less interesting, idk. I also hate referring to an album as the name of a band or saying "self titled." It's a minor complaint really. Doesn't matter too much, but still bugs me a little bit!

11. ciao_fiv

Did I accidentally post twice in this thread? Aside from quoting other comments and replying? I didn't mean to! I apologize if I did. And of course I didn't see that as gloating, what you said seemed quite genuine ;)

12. Reanimate02

Trap beats don't belong on self titled albums, that's the only reason i'm against it.

13. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's not about posting twice overall - it's about commenting back-to-back in a thread. Since you can edit your comments, you don't have to make two posts back to back. Otherwise, you can comment in this thread to your heart's desire. :p

14. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Living Things should have been self-titled. Technically though, Hybrid Theory is self-titled, in my opinion. Depends on how far you wanna stretch that. I always considered it that way, anyway.

15. Reanimate02

Totally agree, Living Things was basically a revisit to everything which came before.. I don't get why people want LP to do more Meteora stuff when we got tracks like Lost in the Echo and Tinfoil.

16. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

I'm not too fond of it either. Must be because I'm a sucker for concept albums that tell a story – self-titled doesn't give the same vibe. Also, it's a lot easier to refer to a non self-titled album.

Aaaand you did it again. Thanks for that laugh mate.

Bane likes this.
  17. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

It's not just about style. Meteora (and HT) songs are catchy, memorable, and with energy. Lost In The Echo for example tries to do the same but fails on almost every level... People who whine about wanting albums like HT and Meteora want the same feeling that the songs gave them, not the same style necessarily.

18. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Just don't mention Hollywood Undead here, you ain't getting any back up for that opinion :lol:

19. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

what's wrong with HU? :halfkappa:

20. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

The hype continues...

I'm really digging Chester's vocals here, definitely feels and sounds like he's going to use his vocals in a completely different style that we've never heard before with this album. I'm also really loving the beat and part of the chorus has been stuck in my head the past few days, which is typical Linkin Park.

I'm also loving the new album cover, I'm a sucker for sunlight settings (although I'm more of a winter person, haha) and I do like the contrast and possibly unintentional links to the MTM cover (what with that album being 10 years old... man I was in my last year of college when that album came out and it has aged so well). Everything so far has ticked the right boxes for me personally.

I'll make sure to tune into the LP broadcast on Facebook tomorrow... THE HYPE TRAIN CONTINUES ON ITS JOURNEY...

ALL ABBOOOOAAARD!

[​IMG]

brady, Sasuke and Ree like this.