Predictions for the new album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Reanimate02, Feb 14, 2017.

Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Okay here's my wild guess :)

I think this will be their softest, most easy-listening album ever. Think how soft things went from Meteora to Minutes To Midnight.. but 200% more. Tracks along the lines of:
    Burning In The Skies
    Iridiscent
    Powerless
    In Pieces

but softer than that.. Linkin Park's "lounge music" album.

It'll basically be the "daylight" version of A Thousand Suns, with brightness instead of doom gloom. I'll be surprised if we get anything as heavy as Lost In The Echo.. and expect almost no screaming at all.

[​IMG]

Princess Neptune likes this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Given the Heavy snippets and the fact Shinoda danced around the fact that 'risks' could mean a really poppy album seems like he's hinting at the fact the album will be full of Iridescent and Leave Out All The Rest sounding content.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I agree with these sentiments, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "given up" track somewhere in there. Something raw and emotional, but heavy. It's in their blood.

Reanimate02

I really hope so.. I was just listening to Given Up and man I fucking love that track.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I would love to see this album to be chill, soft vibe like in the vein of Final Maquerade (acoustic version).

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I want an instrumental track!!

Eduardo Padilla

Eduardo Padilla LP fan since 2000

i hope it's not a 35 min album...other than that, i can't wait to hear the whole thing and i hope they don't take another 3 years for their next album :/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Reanimate02

I honestly want it to be over 46 minutes, meaningful and mentally engaging. I'm done with vague lyrics.

Princess Neptune likes this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Hoping for something like "Blackout" again, one of their most creative songs. It's like two songs in one.

I'm expecting or at least hoping for some songs that aren't so formulaic. Ideas that are a bit unorthodox for them, "Heavy" is already kind of an example of this because we've never quite heard a vocal delivery like this by Chester before.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I'm expecting some really unexpected vocal performances from both Chester and Mike. Chester already has some cool deliveries on Heavy and I want to see more of that and with Mike. Maybe even a different way of rapping with Mike.
    I expect there to be one song with like 20 seconds of Brad singing.
    One Five min plus song which could possibly be the closer.
    A ballad that makes me absolutely go crazy over the idea that Chester could sing like that.
    A lot more gang vocals compared to last album.
    1 guitar solo by the guitar god but very atmospheric like.

Eduardo Padilla

Eduardo Padilla LP fan since 2000

i want a mixture of Hunting Party and A Thousand Suns/MTM...one can only dream lol

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'm assuming Heavy doesn't actually represent the album like Mike said. I have a feeling this will be a very personable record. Guarntee Heavy is the worst song on the album. Not to say I don't like the song. It's growing on me but still, I don't think we will be let down. I think Heavy should have been a later single. It doesn't scream lead single......

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I took "it sounds like the album" to mean basically what he was dancing around with the "risks" video; the entire thing is a pop album. Not that everything on it will sound exactly like the single.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

there will be no guitars?

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'm sure we will get a taste. It will be minimalistic in a sense. It's anybody's guess at this moment. I was surprised about a May release. I really thought we'd have it sooner

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Predictions:

1) This will be one of the shortest LP albums to date (if not the shortest)
    2) The song One More Light will basically be The Messenger part 2 (this time sung by Mike - Maybe some guest vocals by Brad and Chester)
    3) The album's lyrics will generally be more akin to songs such as "In My Remains" and "Breaking The Habit" than "Burning In The Skies" and "The Catalyst"
    4) The album will have an interesting mix of sounds and genres (all sort of grounded in LP's take on "pop/RNB" though - In other word, still coherent) but most of the songs will follow a standard song structure.
    5) There will be a handful of new songs that didn't fit on the album which will be released throughout 2017.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

1.) Mike will have the rapping in the first half while everything after Invisible will be singing.
    2.) It is gonna be a mix of the pop of LT with the introspective lyrics of MTM.
    3.) Most songs will be 3 minutes.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I can see most songs being around 3 minutes, but I'm desperately hoping there's some long-running tracks since the tracklist is so short.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm hoping there's a follow up EP with the acoustic versions or early versions that were started earlier in the process.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Shinoda's description of "One More Light", the song, reminded me a lot of "Prospekt's March". It's a really quiet, acoustic-based, mournful song about a funeral of a loved one (at least how I see it). I'd love it if it were like that. I don't really want another "Messenger".