Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

The reactions on this forum and even on YouTube pretty much confirm the "risks" LP mentioned in their video.
    Haven't seen such a huge like to dislike ratio since "the calayst".

2. Zakksalvo

Zakksalvo Well-Known Member

Mike said there is no screams on the new album.

3. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Kiiara ft. Chester Bennington.

I think Kiiara really makes this track, to be honest. Wish it was a bit longer. Not sure how I feel about it, though. It sounds good, but like the rest of you, I find it very simple. We'll see what the rest of the album has in store; until then, I'll be listening to ATS.

I mean, I can kinda get the change. The guys are in their 40's now, do we really expect them to put out the same music from when they were in their early 20's? Naw.

4. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I think it's undeniable that the song is influenced strongly by other artists. For a time, LP was influencing everyone else, and then in ATS, they were so far ahead they made a song about it ("try to catch up"). Now, it kind of feels like they're trying to make a radio single that sounds like everyone else. For that, I'm a little bit sad. At the same time, they've innovated so much, who cares? I'm happy to have a catchy-as-hell song, that is completely groundbreaking with respect to their discography. I'm sure there will be interesting/experimental things in the full album (can't believe it's only 10 tracks though), so I'm not gonna panic yet. For the time being, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this song.

5. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

You weren't really around in 2002-2005, were you? Linkin Park being "perfect carbon copy radio rock" was a huge criticism of them for years.

6. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Not really sure where to start. Do I like the song? Hell no. Is it the worst song LP has done? No, A Light that Never Comes still wins. I wasn't really expecting much based on the interviews/teasers so luckily I didn't get disappointed. I admit that I like the "heavier" side of LP more than anything else (I loved THP), however I can appreciate a good song even it's a mellow one. In fact, Breaking the Habit is still one of my favorite songs even if it's borderline pop and ATS is a great album even it's not necessarily "rock". Heavy, though, sounds like a uninspired and desperate attempt to be on the radio again. The chorus melody is decent but that first verse is atrocious. I can't believe they spent all of 2014 talking "trash" about the generic-over saturated market of indie/alternative rock bands which led them to do THP. Well, not a lot has changed yet they decide to put out a song (and possibly an album) that fits that description.
    Anyway, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until the album is released, however, my expectations are as low as they can be considering Mike said Heavy is a good representation of the record. I'm hoping to at least hear a few good songs so that it ends up being kinda like how I experienced Living Things (I hated Burn it Down but at least half of LT was decent)

unity7985 and Rebel Traj like this.
  7. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Ok, but for example Sia does exactly the same thing. The ''Heavy'', the 'being tired of' is that they're being owned by WMG. ''Cry for help'', as if they can't get rid of WMG. Just leave it, dang it. See Muse their song ''The Handler'' or ''Project Monarch'' for more info. If Linkin Park is going to be the victim of that I feel really very sad for them.
    ''I keep dragging around what's bringing me down (WMG) , if I'd just let go I'd be set free''.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

I wonder what Linkin Park's tour lineup will be. Linkin Park headlining with Coldplay co-headlining? And then Echosmith and/or Owl City opening?

Just a thought. I noticed the bands they bring out on their tours usually reflect the sound of the album (Pendulum/Prodigy for ATS, Incubus/Mutemath for LT, etc.)

9. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

...the heck are you talking about?

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

My favourite part is the transition from Chester to Kiiara, I love how she comes in.

hasbino, Sasuke, brady and 2 others like this.
  11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I think they might be transitioning away from screaming all together. Chester sounds less and less up for it all the time.

12. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

After just two listens, I have to say I may be feeling this song a TAD bit more. Let's see if the passage of time will cause me to appreciate the song even more.

13. ashish

ashish Active Member

The way she sings. ``i am not the centre of ....`` is very lovely.
    One first listen-- this is total meh
    After few listens-- it's ok but not great
    Now-- playing this in repeat mode again and again.
    Same thing happened to me with CATALYST!

14. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I don't see much of a difference between the vocals Chester did on The Messenger compared to Heavy. This really is looking like a super personal record where they're trying to grab the human element even with vocals. I just want something fresh. Glad there are no screams on this record. I want this record to be the record you listen to a lone lying in bed before you fall asleep because you had a sad day. Also the short length of the song is perfect. I feel like if this song pushed to 3:30 or longer we would get sick of it a lot faster. With that said, I hope there's some lengthy songs on the record, and a lot of instrumentation. Even if there's not a lot of layers going on. I just want there to be effective music to listen to like The Little Things Give You Away.

Abel, Petar, Sasuke and 2 others like this.
  15. Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

This.

I enjoyed the song. Really fun to sing along to. But it could be a little longer, at least hitting the 3 min. bar. Hopefully it's the shortest of the new record.

Sasuke likes this.
  16. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Ditto!
    And I hope that the last song is a bit up lifting since, well, if the whole album is sad then it won't help me getting by a sad day much.

17. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

There was an interview with James Hetfield last year, where he basically said it's the beginning of the end creatively for a band when you start bringing some external writers into the process.

I can't find the proper quote, though. looking now.

18. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

When

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Same, that part is AMAZING

Petar and Sasuke like this.
  20. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

FWIW, I would have believed all of that maybe four albums ago but we don't know what the deal is and it's not worth something discussing about. It's for the band to handle and luckily we got another Linkin Park album, that's it.

--RS