Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

My question is, Who's gonna sing Kiiara's part when the band is on tour?

2. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

easy they wont :kappa:

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of hate for LP songs that don't deserve it. This may not be the best song they've ever had, but it's good. I'm only asking to not have a bad song on the album, and so far so good, 1 for 1.

Burn it Down - Good song, good rap by Mike, great outro, great sound on instrumentals. (Covering what I've seen get criticized)
    What I've Done - Solid song all around. It was the transition from Hybrid Theory and Meteora to a new sound, so yes, they played it a little safe. So what
    Until it's Gone - Simplified lyrics not only are fine sometimes, but sometimes they serve a purpose. They were driving home the theme of how bad it feels when you realize how good something was only when it's gone. Constantly overlooked and forgotten are the strong emotional undertones, solid instrumental sounds, the way and the tone of which Chester sings certain lyrics at certain times. I had that song on kill/repeat when it was first released. Good song.

Did I miss any that have been so heavily maligned by so many people?

I wondered this and brought it up yesterday. Myself and a couple others suggested it would just be Chester.

Today I'm more leaning to it being Mike. He asked Kiiara to come in early on her verse, while the end of the first chorus isn't quite over yet, so I think Mike will just come in with his softer touch of vocals and do her part. There's times on stage you see Mike or even Brad and Phoenix throw in back-up, background vocals onto just about anything (especially Iridescent) but I think Mike will actually take Kiiara's entire verse, and then he'll harmonize with Chester through the rest of the song.

4. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

WOW! Mike's part on Burn it Down (acoustic) isn't from this PLANET! :WTF:

Michele and SkullDevil217 like this.
  5. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Every new single they release usually has a fairly polarised reaction but so far the initial response is definitely alot more negative.

The live Q&A was a big disappointment too. They totally sidestepped the only question that didn't have a totally obvious answer.

Oh well. Here's hoping there's some tracks on the album that are actually decent.

This whole thing reminds me of when Chris Cornell released Scream. Still mentally scarring to this day. :lol:

6. Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favour and avoid Facebook/Youtube comments lol

Sasuke likes this.
  7. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

What if this is a double album in secrecy? 10 tracks seems suspicious..

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I love this song now. It's grown so much in so little time. Favorite single from them in a long time and I'm one of the few who adore Until It's Gone.

Sasuke likes this.
  9. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I remember back in the day when meteora came out, everybody was hating them Because it didn't sound like HT, fans were pissed because somewhere I belong didn't sound like In the end, and don't stay didn't sound like one step closer. This band has always been hated on. Back than they were considered a metal.boy band, now they are considered a pop boy band

TheInterframe and Iopia like this.
  10. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

What I've Done and The Calayst were as disliked when they first released.

I wonder if this song (and album) will be looked at in a different light in a few years time. Hindsight is a strange thing.

TheInterframe likes this.
  11. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Mike did say that the band still had surprises in store. :shinado:

12. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

it's too soft and poppy wtf ...

but i like it!

13. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

That's...the most peculiar reaction I've read yet. :lol:

14. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

So, Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels helped writing this song. Sue those Disney clowns!
    To be honest, doesn't anyone else feel that most popular songs nowadays are actually very depressing sounding? Like songs that are played at clubs, where people should have a great time, they put on the most depressive music ever, with a beat to dance on.
    I guess reggae is the only uplifting music left. P.S. Not Alone > Heavy

You goooooo, giving up your hooooome, goooooo, leaving all you've knoooown, you are not aloooooooooone <3

I love that Linkin Park

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Artur likes this.
  15. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Lol so what? A few faceless losers whining on Youtube. What's new?

16. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Anyone watching the live performance stream? It's real nice.

17. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care nor have ever cared about what a bunch of strangers think when it comes to things like this, things I'm interested in, etc. and it never has any effect on how I feel about it. Let's just say I don't think their sales will be so bad that it'll end their careers... or at least that's highly unlikely... so as long as that doesn't happen then I'm fine with bad reactions, as long as mine is good.

I don't mean that in any bad or self-absorbed way, but I've just seen too many comments over the years on things I like that barely even make sense, aren't well supported, etc. and it makes it hard to give them any validation when they're spoken in baseless and unintelligent manners. Maybe if they were opinions of people I knew or liked, had a face to them at least, etc... but generally I've had people (friends, people I just met, family, other fans, etc) disagree with me on Linkin Park stuff and that's fine, I'm cool with and I can discuss, as long as they actually back up their case properly. I've met a few people who that's happened with and it's gone over just fine. I'm thinking most people on this site fall into that category, so that's good if true.

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

So I just belatedly watched the Facebook Live performance. That was really cool! I liked the rendition of Crawling and was secretly hoping they had done the harmony they did with Aaron Lewis on KRWLNG. It sounded really good.

Heavy was also great, Kiiara sings effortlessly, not that the songs were über demanding but the lass was chill af. As for BID I loved it, though through the "rapping" part it seemed for a second as if Mike was trying to figure out the melody to sing in, when I thought he would sing a high note, he dropped it. It was a nice arrangement nevertheless.

I liked the fact the guys took a little time off to prepare this short bonus for us. Guess it was also a way to have Kiiara around so we could see her with the band before they do the whole tour thing.

Ree likes this.
  19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I played it on a full sound system where I could appreciate the layers and bass in it and it made me appreciate it a lot more.

So yeah...I like the song. I may be in the minority on here it seems like, but I do like it.

Halfway Dwight, Sasuke, Bane and 3 others like this.
  20. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Yeah watched it live. Loved it. Such a nice vibe. Shows how good an acoustic LP record coulkd be. And Chester sounded back to his best.

Quite a lot on here are liking it I think? Just that the negative people get quoted more so they get multiplied.

For me this is up there as one of my favourite lead singles they've done.

RapidGunner likes this.