Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the live bridge of Burn It Down? They took one of the weakest rap verses Mike's ever done (IMO), and turned it into something magical. :D

Vic, Thervit and SkullDevil217 like this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I'm glad LP went this direction. Their heavy shit is borderline unlistenable to me and college is mellowing me out so I need some chill music. Perfect.

Bane, Andreina and Forfeit to Break like this.
  3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

See, I like when new people join to have a decent discussion and debate when a new album cycle kicks in. What I don't like is those who join in an attempt to point fingers at people and ridicule them for having a different opinion than theirs. I don't understand what you're trying to "prove" here, each to their own, we're not going to change your mind just as you aren't gonna change ours.

Only time will tell for those to see if the song aged well or not, some may hate it after they loved it, some may like it after they hated it, but that's each person's prerogative.

Keep walking.

4. crat1x

crat1x Active Member

the acoustic arrangement of heavy is waaaaaaaay better than the studio version, the vocals sounded much better. sometimes less is "more", I hope they play the acoustic version of the song on tour.

5. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I can agree with this. I like the direction but I don't particularly like the song (the live version is incredible though :lol:). It's sort of a weird predicament haha.

Less pop, more chill, and I'll be happy. :lol:

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Yeah, a part of me wishes they did Heavy in this style. But I don't mind what we got.

7. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Although I liked the song from the start, it's really grown on me more - the instrumentals behind the vocals are beautiful. Reminds me of Universe in a way. I really want to see what this album is all about. RnB LP, who'da thunk it

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I will admit it was way different from what I thought and it was a bit too much at first but I love this atmospheric, trap production so I am quite having a blast with it. :lol:

9. freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

LULZ this song is REALLY BAD. Sounds like Bieber meets rihanna. i hope he's not on album and neither is riahanna.

Chester's voice sounds so weak. That's what happens when you smoke 3 packs everyday. Chester, quit smoking dude!

Artur likes this.
  10. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I liked Mike's rap in Burn it Down. Sung in hard-hitting fashion, lyrics were fine, and especially when he reprises the part in the outro (I've always loved those dual Mike/Chester outros) with the "Fan the flames as your blazes burn ("burn" echoed)"

11. Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

I kinda like the song (a bit shocking that they actually went this radio-friendly, it was truly a risk looking at the reactions), but if the whole album sounds like this for real, then they might just jumped the shark

Shadester likes this.
  12. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This is a really desperate and transparent attempt by the band to get back on the top 10 charts. It's sad listening to it in that context but it sounds like it might at least do what it's engineered to. Crushing in its soullessness.

freddurst likes this.
  13. Mitch

Mitch YTB

I fucking love when Rob's hits those crash's before the last chorus. Just a little bit too short though.

14. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Okay, I have to admit this is pretty funny...

I've been playing Heavy on repeat (because I like it...) and my brother (who's always made anti-Linkin Park jokes with me just because he knows I love them) just got home. I've also been sick lately which has included nausea and the like... so while the song was playing I gagged a bit and went to the bathroom thinking I might throw up...

My brother : "See? You can't stand the song either"

"Haha shut up you know I've been sick"

"Yeah, starting today"

ciao_fiv likes this.
  15. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Problem with "Heavy" is that it doesn't lead anywhere. There is no progression, no build up, no drama like e.g. "The Catalyst". Short, boring, forgettable with cheesy, meaningless lyrics. That's how I see "Heavy". No, it won't grow in me. I don't even want to listen to it anymore. Did it twice and I'm done with this "song".

HearTEateR, Artur, linkinloch and 5 others like this.
  16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I moat be listening to the wrong bands then because The Early November ignored all their already accoustic type songs and they have a lot of them.

17. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Chester didn't sound weak in the livestream. At all

Didn't even know he smoked lol.

18. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Um, good for you?

Mitch likes this.
  19. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I was never suggesting that people should mould their opinions based on the general concensus. I was pointing out an observation I've made. This is one of the, if not the biggest unofficial LP fan sites that I've been a part of (and at one point helped run) since 2004. This is the most negative reaction I've seen to a new LP single. I think moreso than What I've Done. I think the problem is that this band whilst containing undoubtedly pop elements has always been an alternative band. This song isn't Linkin Park to me and to alot of people.

People have a right to express themselves, constructively or not. This is the first time I was totally disappointed by their first single off a new album. What I've Done and Burn It Down weren't great, but honestly I think this is piss poor and makes those songs look stellar in comparison. I want LP to be an alternative band. ATS had very little in the way of guitars but it was still an alternative album (and their best IMO). I don't want top 40 pop bullshit, there's too much of that cookie cutter candy coated crap out there.

This isn't a 'personal' song. Lyrically maybe, but if it's so damn personal why did they need a guest vocalist? This is a song designed to shift units. There's very little actual art here. Using a talent to create something isn't the same as creating art if it's used for purposes other than expression. This is overly accessable and has let me down significantly.

As I said previously, it will probably chart well and the band will continue to package it's promotion with the same usual keywords they tend to use when promoting albums. With THP it was "Visceral" with "LT" it was "Familiar LP sound". It's very clever, but ultimately it sacrifices artistic integrity. You wouldn't see Radiohead doing this kind of shit. Hell even Metallica consistently stayed heavy throughout their career even when they mixed it up a bit. This is a total 180 on what the band used to be.

Yes I'm still here bitching. :lol:

kcg, cloudscream, Nicholas and 3 others like this.
  20. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Why announce to everyone you wont listen to it anymore? No one cares. Just listen to stuff you do like. Problem solved.