Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Vic

Vic No game no life

It's slowly growing on me, at least I think it's better than Burn it Down :lol: I'll give it a solid 6.5/10.

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I think the reason it's growing on people is because the chorus is catchy. It's been in my head all day. Honestly though I wish it would fuck off out of there :lol:

3. Zakksalvo

Zakksalvo Well-Known Member

youre wrong. Because they have more albums now that aren't nu metal than ones that are. So this is linkin park. They all seem really happy with the record so idk why you can't accept the fact that they like to make different kinds of music.

Evan likes this.
  4. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Spotify also keeps saying the track is from 2016.

And am I crazy or is Mike not even in that picture?

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

New Incubus, Kygo, and Linkin Park all on the same day :D

Wow, what a great day!

6. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

But isn't that what Linkin Park is excellent at? Making catchy things that stay in your head? :shifty:

Just so happens it's just the "bad" kind of catchy this time, but this is my opinion here. I refuse to listen to it again, will keep an open mind for the album. At least knowing Linkin Park, each album regardless of my personal preference there's always 1 song that's like "Ah! That's the Linkin Park I was waiting for".

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

#Heavy fans (pun intended) will say 3 Heavy albums and 3 non-heavy albums.

Which is true, but also means that what they think of as "real LP" doesn't actually exist"

Zakksalvo likes this.
  8. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

I've been a fan since I saw the One Step Closer video air on TRL. I enjoy listening to the vast majority of LP songs, but I loved every single track on Hybrid Theory, almost every track on Meteora, most of the tracks on Minutes To Midnight, some of the tracks on A Thousand Suns, maybe two tracks on Living Things, and I can't really say I loved any tracks on The Hunting Party. Somewhere between my musical tastes changing, and LP mixing up their sound after every album, they lost me.

I don't think Heavy is an amazing song by any means, I can't really listen to it on repeat too much, but I do enjoy it. It's perhaps the most mainstream radio-friendly song they've ever written, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. This song was definitely put out as the first single because it is accessible to a much wider audience than the band is accustomed to.

Look, nu-metal is never coming back, and we've all diverged from it in different directions. Just be glad that LP can put out an album like THP and follow it up with whatever this new album is shaping up to be. They're casting a wide net. It's impossible to please everyone, short of a true sequel to HT/Meteora. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album--I especially like that clip with BlackBear, which now looks to be called Sorry for Now.

I also have a strange feeling that this might actually be their last album, at least for a long time. In 2 years they'll all be in their 40s. I could see them finishing up another world tour and then taking a break from music (as a band) for several years. Also, the name One More Light sounds like the antithesis to One Step Closer. Perhaps a fitting way to conclude their journey.

9. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I bet the song works better with the others around it. People need to just calm down. If you don't like it, fine, but coming in here saying "This sucks." or "This is hot garbage." without any real reason behind it comes off as immature.

The acoustic version is better, though. If they had released it just like that I would have been satisfied.

10. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Pretty dead meme but still..

[​IMG]

11. Meteorain

Yeah, for anybody saying this is too "poppy" just think about this : The other 9 tracks probably can't possibly showcase more pop elements than this one did. At most it might be just as, but more than? Not likely. This is probably as "pop" as it gets

(I keep putting it in quotes because I don't believe in labels or genres. Not just when it comes to music)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Shadow likes this.
  12. Shadow

Exactly. Look at THP when Until It's Gone was released...

[​IMG]

Meteorain likes this.
  13. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

I can say, without a doubt, that I LOVE Burn It Down. I think it's a fantastic song. Living Things is also my second favorite Linkin Park album, after A Thousand Suns.

Bane and Meteorain like this.
  14. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

I liked Until It's Gone, it's an insult to compare this track to Until It's Gone.

frezer86 and Shadow like this.
  15. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

So refreshing after not listening to it for a long time

Reanimate02 likes this.
  16. Meteorain

Great meme lol

I'm realizing I'm probably in the vast minority here (which I'm cool with) but I liked Until it's Gone. A lot actually. Same with Burn it Down and a few other songs that I've seen criticized.

Reanimate02 and Shadow like this.
  17. Shadow

LOL. I'll admit Until It's Gone is the better track but that's as far as my compliments go. :drevil:

Reanimate02 and Hybridora like this.
  18. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I actually thought Heavy would have a big Burn It Down vibe, based on the teasers. I was quite excited about that lol.

Meteorain likes this.
  19. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

It isn't anything amazing but its a good song. Kiiara is the highlight of the song to me, I definitely think getting her on there was a great idea. The live stream they did made me actually like the song even more and damn that BID performance was GOOD.

Ree and Sasuke like this.
  20. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes he did (me too ;) ). i think people must forget those interviews from THP promo. he was just trying to promote their record and the media did the rest. yeah it was really dumb by Mike to call them disney music. but this was just for the sake of promo nothing else. and i think he is now more happier with this direction of the new album. it really fit in 2017's music.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017