Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

The fanbase is very dramatic.

In Between and Leave Out All The Rest are pops just like "Heavy".

The good thing is that it's impossible to get more pop than that in this new album.

I believe that this album will be equal to MTM. There will be songs of varied styles with '' ups and downs '' of emotions and rhythms.

Bane and Kilmer like this.
  2. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I've honestly been just laughing at the criticism in the last pages, just because of how much it sounds like in previous cycles. To the person who was worried about how they will play Heavy in the shows with older songs, they had A line in the sand and Castle of glass experience in the same setlist, Heavy will be very easy to add.

3. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

Anyone else get "Leave Out All the Rest" and "Where'd You Go?" vibes from "Heavy"?

4. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Agree with In Between which isn't not my favourite song tbh, but LOATR ??? LOATR is soft, yet still miles better than Heavy and it's alt rock tune with nice rocky punch, guitars etc. same like Shadow Of The Day, but not bloody mix of flat pop and r'n'b

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm about to rip them acoustic songs from YouTube. Ever since they did Final Masquerade I've wanted more acoustic from this band.

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So I keep trying to buy the song on iTunes but it won't download

Edit: My password was wrong :D

Meteorain likes this.
  7. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't remember as much hate for an LP song as this one. I've been here since MTM and even before all that as a lurker, it was heavily critized... yeah. But not to this extent or with so many comments.

However the internet is about 4 times bigger than it was when MTM was released and people hadn't had smartphones yet along with computers to complain.

8. HybridMothership

HybridMothership Member

Why is everyone saying on social media that Linkin Park has "changed" did nobody else expect pop???? Did nobody hear anything since 2003, change is what makes this band.

9. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I can't stand Until It's Gone, hated it since the first time I listened to it. I'm not saying the song is bad, it's just my personal opinion. I also dislike What I've Done, it took me a really long time to start listening to it. I don't know why I dislike these two songs to be honest, I just do. :hmm:

10. tripleh3lix

I've never seen a worse and bitchier fanbase than this one. However this one takes the cake for one of the most disliked singles (even by people here who like all the diversity LP has brought) in years IMO.

HybridMothership likes this.
  11. HybridMothership

HybridMothership Member

I didn't like much on The Hunting Party but i didnt complain. It's Linkin Park it finds its way into my playlist and i casually listen to it. But really, its like there's been an absence of Linkin Park to these people. I check youtube for reviews and reactions and even youtubers are flabbergasted that this is Linkin Park. Seriously have u missed 14 years!?!?!?! THEY HAVENT BEEN NU-METAL ONE STEP CLOSER, CRAWLING TEENS FOR MORE THAN A DECADE!!!

tripleh3lix likes this.
  12. thor

thor Well-Known Member

I don't think they ever did changed. THIS is who they are, isn't it? Wasn't their goal since the beginning was combine different styles of music together to make it sound like them. The rap/rock nu-metal shit, whatever you wanna call it was just the beginning. What they've done since MTM was them keeping to that goal. Sure it may not sound like the first two records but isn't that the point?

13. The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

In the IG video they just posted (the time lapse of them setting up for the live stream) it plays the instrumental of the intro and to me it sounds so much like "Linkin Park". Guess it's the vocals that turn people off? At least for that part

14. tripleh3lix

But to be honest, Linkin Park as much as people bitched and moaned had a really huge fan base with Minutes to Midnight. People loved their pop side (minus the original fans).

Even people who loved the pop side of them... REALLY don't like this track. The dislikes speak for itself, and to be honest... I didn't expect this much hate here either.

Dislikes on big main LP titles and tracks since 207 besides THP --

LOUTR (one of their poppiest songs ever) has 2k dislikes
    BID has 16k dislikes
    LITE has 8k
    The Catalyst has 14k
    WFTE has 12K
    Iridescent has 2k
    Heavy has 16k... on hour 11.

Artur likes this.
  15. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

It's just sad that LP's entire musical journey has culminated into this terrible single. Really hoping that the new album offers something more than the current generic pop.

tripleh3lix and Reanimate02 like this.
  16. HybridMothership

HybridMothership Member

Never asked but whats ur opinion on heavy, im fine with it, sounds like Linkin Park to me tbh

Sasuke and tripleh3lix like this.
  17. tripleh3lix

I definitely don't hate it. It's missing something though! Like you know, an extra minute. The song feels like the radio rip version missing a verse or something.

Not just saying that cause I'm a song length whore. It genuinely feels like something is missing. Maybe another melody from Chester. The song is almost all chorus repeating minus the 15 second versus.

Bane likes this.
  18. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

The song that comes to mind as far as really poppy goes has to be Lies greed misery, that is straight up electric pop with rapping and screaming, but lies greed misery is 10 times better than heavy, and its more short than heavy

Noenemy and tripleh3lix like this.
  19. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

I'm one of them. I've gladly accepted all their changes from MTM onwards, but this new song is just too much for me. I can't stand it and I was always defending LP when others were criticizing them, but now I can't and I don't want to. I can't fool myself that I like this song, it just sounds like everything that I hate in current music industry. My faith was partially restored after THP, I thought they're back on track, they've done with experiments and will stick to sounds closer to something what made them famous and rich, but nope. I can see why there is so much hate, anger, disappointment and frustration. After songs like Rebellion, A Line In The Sand, War, Keys To The Kingdom they've turned everything upside down.

tripleh3lix likes this.
  20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I've seen alot more positivity for it compared to Living Things. Maybe over time it's becomes less favorited but when it dropped, I remember there was lots of praise. Even critically, it was their best received album in a long time.
    :shrug: