Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I wouldn't have guessed any specific artist, but I would probably have guessed it was someone from the radio. Which, aside from the last album, Linkin park have always been on the radio. Hell, Burn it Down was played on every single pop station around here every hour when it was released.

Sasuke likes this.
  2. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

How about some cheese with your whine ;-)

3. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Don't forget the fruit and Buscuits as well :) maybe a little salt just to give it flavour

4. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

So delicious ^^

Fair point. It also has already a much higher quota regarding likes compared to other LP lyric videos that had far more clicks. Someone should do a data analysis :sorcerer:

5. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

Burn it Down is a bad example because it sounds VERY Linkin Park. It's not that this will be played on the radio, there is tons of great music on the radio (Adele, 21 Pilots, Foo Fighters, Green Day). It is that there is nothing special about it. It is lacking an unique feature. If you go for other LP Songs that were big on the radio you will find this:

- In the End, Somewhere I Belong, to some extent Burn it Down or New Divide (Typical oldschool LP, Samples, Walls of Guitars, Rapping and raspy, yet catchy singing --> stuff other bands would copy from LP, not the other way round)

- Castle of Glass (folky song but with electronic influences, very catchy but distinct from what was big on the radio at the time)

- The Catalyst (Chanty Vocals, progressive structure, only two choruses, big outro)

- Waiting for the End (Reggea vibe during the intro, very unique guitar solo, back and forth between Mike and Chester during the outro, unusual structure given that the intro is a first verse at the same time as it is a bridge while there still is a solo)

Just to name a few. One could argue that songs like UIG, FM or SOTD are lacking these features, however they sound very Linkin Park to me (because of their electronica, the melodies and singing). Heavy just sounds like any other manufactured artist and it is not surprising that they worked with songwriters of Bieber. It's not only that I dislike the song, it's also as hypocritical as it gets to release it after the marketing strategy of THP.

Dayz, zayl, TheZlajaZlo and 1 other person like this.
  6. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

The fact is that the song isn't a bad song. It's catchy, has good lyrics, has good rythm...but "Heavy", for the majority, is not "Linkin Park"

Dayz likes this.
  7. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

Man all the hate for the song drives me crazy.
    I really like the song and actally Im more a fan of the heavier stuff of lp like the hunting party or HT. But I like the song. Of course the lyrics are not really deep and the music isn't experimental as ATS or HP but the melody of the song, the composition as a whole and the vocals are really great. This song is way better than some other stuff of the band although it is not complex

Sasuke likes this.
  8. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Question: If this song were released by another artist, would you enjoy it?
    I mean, like Brawler said, the fact that you know it's LP plays a huge part in your judgement.

Afraid not. That would really spice things up!

9. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Good lyrics!?

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun, when you read my mind" (from The Killers - Read My Mind), those are some good lyrics.
    "And I drive myself crazy, thinking everything's about me. Yeah I drive myself crazy, cause I can’t escape the gravity" Not so much imo.

Dayz likes this.
  10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For better or worse, this song has had people talking. There's a lot of articles I've read about it (a few have been posted in here), and I've even had people who don't typically listen to Linkin Park write me to talk about the single.

Plus if you add the fact it already had over a million views on YouTube yesterday, and that it's charting in some countries already, maybe the problem isn't so much that the song sucks (because in my opinion honestly? It doesn't), maybe people on here just didn't want a pop Linkin Park record. :shrug:

Personally? I could care less if they go pop. Chester could reveal he played the trumpet with his anus on this record, and as long as the songs are good I wouldn't pay no mind to it.

11. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Okay, after I slept on it, here are my thoughts on the song: It's not bad, but it could use an intro, and also bridge doesn't sound right ("and I drive myself crazy..." part)... it would be better if that part was some instrumental or a solo. Also, some guitar at the end wouldn't hurt.

Sasuke, Dayz and AndreyKamensky like this.
  12. AThousandLivingThings

So having many views and being high in the charts means it's a good song. That's interesting... :blink:

13. mastae

mastae Some Honky

That's not what he said.

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

THE RETURN OF LPA CHART UPDATES

Bane likes this.
  15. Brawler

Having many views and being high in the charts means that many appreciate it

16. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shadow likes this.
  17. AThousandLivingThings

Yes, but I don't think that's a sign for a good song.
    Sure, many people appreciate Nicki Minaj, but I could name you 100 underground bands that are more innovative.

Dayz likes this.
  18. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

*YES* This is exactly what I wanted to hear from Linkin Park after THP.
    I've never heard Chester like this, I didn't know he could do this honestly, it's very different for him.
    The Youtube comments are completely priceless, of course.

Blake and Halfway Dwight like this.
  19. Brawler

I understand that people cannot like a song, it's natural. But i can't understand why people say that "heavy" sucks because it doesn't sound like "by myself" (for example). I see only free hate.

20. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

while there's a lot of pepole that would like to hear LP going HT or Meteora again, the issue that's kinda new with this song is that many people, even here on boards, are telling that the innovation level of 4 next records (MTM, ATS, LT, THP) was seemingly higher than presented by this song.
    ppl are using the examples of Catalyst, BID or GATS and that's a fresh argument imo. What i mean is that the two fractions of Origin LP fans and post 2007 fans just got together to hate the 2017 LP style.

or maybe it's just my misinterpretation :)