Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Everyone at my job knows im a linkin park fan, and i played them heavy and everyone in my office said is that justin beiber? Thats really bad. The Linkin park ship is starting to sink and people are jumping off.

Tocaraca likes this.
  2. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Wow, dont be so negative. You know the band wont to the same shit twice. Ignore OML if you dont like the direction is goes and wait for LP8.

Iopia likes this.
  3. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

All the facebook likes drop discussion here but I think it's a facebook problem, not LP's at all.
    They had 66 million like some time ago, now, 61. But I believe the point is, people are deleting facebook accounts. The social media is losing popularity, not people disliking LP page at all. I am right? :lol:

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's MattLP. He has to shitpost in every thread and mention Justin Bieber.

Imagine being this upset over a song in 2017. :fedora:

Captain-EO likes this.
  5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Yeah. They're in pieces. Search "Linkin Park Facebook" and they should come up.

6. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I just try to explain to not to be so upset @Joe :lol:

7. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

It seems like you don't understand that the band has been losing followers since they cancelled the hunting party tour , they lost like 3 million followers , yes 3 million followers and the decline has been going on for a year so It has nothing to do with new music , If you hate music that's fine but atleast check your facts first .
    Lady gaga has lost 200k likes recently and she is lady gaga so It's not a sign of anything and silly thing to argue about or to prove your point

8. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Haven't regretted using the ignore button. It's an incredibly cathartic tool.

9. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

By the way the feedback on YouTube is really important: more than 2mln views in only 24h, more than 100 thousand likes

10. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Heavy get stucked in my head now for more than one week (before it was actually released :WTF:). i never thought that i can live enough to see Linkin Park back on the Mainstream peak. those guys absolutly deserve it. and the hate are gonna make the song ever more bigger. :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Deliveranze likes this.
  11. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Why havent you been banned already for calling someone a "condescending prick"

12. Joe

Yeah, we give people warnings and infractions. Getting 3 result in a ban. If we banned people on one thing you would have been banned back in 2014 when you was telling people to come and fight you in your inbox as LPGangster. But alas.

Captain-EO and JSigcha10 like this.
  13. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

How dare LP make the music that they want to make. Don't they know that as a fan, I own them? They owe everything to me!!! I can't be seen listening to this. What will people think of me?!

But seriously, the track is great. I really hope they release an instrumental album alongside OML.

Also curious to see if Mike will respond to all of the backlash, in any way.

Halfway Dwight, IronDust71 and Sasuke like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I'm quite surprised there isn't much discussion on the tracklist. Then again, I'm not sure if a good portion know that the tracklist is out. I love speculating :lol:

Bane and Iopia like this.
  15. ashish

ashish Active Member

Yes! Eagerly waiting for mike`s response to criticism.

16. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Well, there's that snippet we got a few months back of Sorry For Now with Mike singing.

Deliveranze likes this.
  17. Joe

Feel like a lot of people just post in the latest news thread for some reason, lol.

Might also have to do with the fact that the One More Light reveal was kind of fragmented with the interview in the morning, then the pre-order and then the tracklist not long after that.

Quick, let me post the shitty graphic I made for Twitter this morning.

[​IMG]

How do we all think Heavy will fit in to the album? Or some other question that relates the tracklist to Heavy.

Deliveranze likes this.
  18. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Pew pew.

19. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

What do you expect? Most of the cricism isn't something he will reply to because it is a waste of time (you suck, HT please, yadda yadda). That he obviously will talk about "real" criticism is also clear. is also nothing new. Saw it live at a prelistening of ATS and he handled that really honest and professional. Also i don't get the hypocrite talk. They felt THP was needed at that time and now they wanted to do something different.

Meteorain and Sasuke like this.
  20. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say that the Linkin Park fanbase is very very diverse, we've all made that clear. The blending of styles throughout their career shows their commitment and acknowledgment to their mission from the beginning. When I think of "Linkin Park", there isn't one style or "genre" that you can honestly put them in. What I love about the band is their constant desire to want to grow, put out music that is meaningful and continue to push the boundaries of their creativity. I've been a fan since the very beginning and will always be, I think their discography and catalog really sets them apart from any current band or musician out there because it is so eclectic.

Regarding this new single, I have mixed thoughts, I feel that it is very generic and simple yet catchy, but it seems to be lacking in containing that certain raw energy or branding style that sets it apart from every other top 40 song out there (we all know who they are). What I like about the song, I like the theme of holding onto something that is dragging you down yet wanting to be set free of it, I think most of us can relate to that in some context so I dig that. I just hope that the rest of the album isn't as formulaic or generic, for that matter get the other band mates involved too. Overall, I just hope that because they are constantly trying to reinvent themselves that they don't lose sight as to who they are, but rather why I fell in love with the band in the first place, that they put out music that sets them apart from other musicians or bands in the industry that has their own imprint on it.

Can't wait for "One More Light" to come out!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017