Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Yep. I remember that. That was the Blackbear song too, right?

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking too.

Well assuming we have heard Sorry For Now, I'm assuming most songs after Heavy are gonna be a slower/upbeat part of the record. I think the first half, judging off songs like Battle Symphony, might be more energetic and "aggressive."

Also since Mike is singing more on this record, I'm guessing there will be two songs with rapping on here like MTM. I'm gonna guess those will be on the first half and the second is gonna be Mike singing.

This is so much fun just guessing :lol:

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Right, but it was more than that. They downright insulted/mocked a bunch of other artists' music, and now they've gone just as pop or more. Does Mike think making "Disney Commercial Music" is a really great thing now?

If the band had just said "we really want to make a hard rock album," that would be one thing. But when you start making all these grandiose statements about music and culture, while pointing fingers and belittling in the process, and then you completely do a 180 on your next album, I'd say you're being hypocritical.

Shadow likes this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Sounds like a sad album, I guess Heavy will fit in with the context of the album. Tracklisting looks interesting.

4. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Yep.

Deliveranze likes this.
  5. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Also off-topic, but it's nice to see you still around, @Zane

Not sure if you remember but about 5 years ago you helped me get my guitar signed by the band when they were performing here. I still have it hanging proudly on my wall haha. Still very grateful - Hope all is well!

Bane, Blake and Zane like this.
  6. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Hah... We also have that little bit about advising, be it passively aggressively mentioning why someone hasn't gotten banned could constitute a warning for that... Looks like I can play that condescending role too, AMIRITE?

7. ashish

ashish Active Member

Yes I know he handles criticism in a professional way. But I was just curious to know how mike will respond to ``current state of rock music`` now in 2017.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  8. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hey! I actually totally remember this. Glad to see you're back as well. I've been pretty busy with life so haven't spent as much time on LPA. Wow, you made my day. I'm super glad you're still loving the guitar — magical stuff.

Bane, Blake and ToTheCitadel like this.
  9. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

*expects a co-headlining tour with Nickleback to be announced*

...oh wait Nickleback might be a bit too heavy. The styles might clash.

frezer86 likes this.
  10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

See, this song will bring a whole new audience to LP!

LP really appeals to everyone. Legends :headbang:

Gravity_LP, Halfway Dwight and Sasuke like this.
  11. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

Thought I'd post this screenshot from Twitter. Some wikipedia editor decided to remove Phoenix and Brad from the credits on the "Heavy" wikipedia page, most likely because there isn't any noticeable live guitar and bass in the song. But that's what I love about Linkin Park; they blend electronic and live instruments so well to the point where you can't really tell what's programmed and what's live. Also, there's definitely guitar in the song (in the second verse you'll hear a very soft, clean guitar) but it was most likely played by Mike. Just because Brad didn't contribute on guitar doesn't mean he's useless. I honestly just see bands as glorified songwriting teams. Giving input in terms of the composition of a song is still extremely important, because at the end of the day, it's the song that matters most. A good song is a good song. If the song isn't good, who cares if there's a 3 minute guitar solo?

Attached Files:

12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

But people like to spew statements like facts that people are leaving!

People are leaving but people are coming in even higher numbers! The thing is a lot of hard core LP fans will stay while a few will leave but the song will make LP reach a whole new audience! So in the end followers leaving doesn't matter because they got so far with this song reaching new people!

13. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I was so hyped when I first heared the clip with Mike playing the piano.
    I loved Chester singing the first iterations of the lyrics and later Mike and Rob recording drumming for this really nice beat.
    I liked the teaser with Chester recording the vocals.

But this, the final product... I, I just can't get into it. That makes my so sad.
    The song is so short. It starts without any kind of intro which could build up anticipation. It just flows through the two verses, tenderly into the choruses and to the apprupt end. It's so unedgy that you could forget what actually happened the last two minutes, if it weren't for the extreme radio appeal.
    Chesters vocals sound sooo processed now. I liked the more natural performance in the teaser that much more.
    His way of singing is really new for LP and sounds emotional - but it's nothing new for any casual listener out there and it just feels like he gets buried beneath the beat and Kiiara, like he is a used part of the past somebody threw away.
    Kiiara sounds good, of course. She sounds beautiful. She sounds exactly the same like every single other woman on the radio.
    The original dark, sad atmosphere, still resonating in the lyrics and the deep base, is gone, and was replaced by this easy-to-the-ears toned singing, which can't decide wheter it feels desperate or cheery. (At least the song felt darker for me in the first trailers...)

The song is stuck in my head since I've listened to it yesterday two times. I really can't get it out. I literally went to bed with "Hooooolding oooon" and woke up with "and I drive myself craaazy".
    But it's not the good kind of earworm. It's that kind you desperately want to get rid of, that kind you hate, but just can't get out of your mind, since you heared the song one time on the radio.
    It sounds so extremely radio-esque and poppy that I'm afraid the song will even be too shallow for radio listeners, so that it won't even bring back enough attention to the band again.

It's not comparable to LTs "firecrackers". Because those released their powder, which they actually had. Burn It Down felt so much more special than this, honestly. Can't believe I'm saying this right now.

I know that this is probably really irrational, but currently I'm very afraid of the fact that the album will only have ten songs. It kinda gives me the impression that every song could sound like Heavy, could be short and forgetable (or "forget-wishable", at the least).
    But I'm not giving my hopes up yet. I know they can do better, that they have worked for 2 1/2 years on this album and that they have reanimated so much personal emotion in it.
    It seems that all this breaking-up-talk lately did drive me crazy, made me think they are in some kind of creative crisis right now...

kcg and Sasuke like this.
  14. Daniel Price

Daniel Price Member

:kappa:

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My friend who never liked Linkin Park has had this song on repeat since yesterday.

Sasuke likes this.
  16. Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

I´m not even gonna lie. I think that would be kinda awesome. I don´t really see what´s so bad about Nickelback. Out off all the concerts i´ve been to, Nickelback seems to have been the one band so far that actually made it through the setlist without messing any song up. They´re pretty great to be honest.

Yeah, i said it. Come at me internet :CUMULUS:

17. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Thats the good thing about this song. My family have played this song and traditionally im the only one that's playing LP music. It may not have the appeal to many core fans but it has a wider appeal to those who may not otherwise listen to LP

18. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Great poste :chuck:
    Yeah the song is a fucking earworm, but i like it.

JonasTheRoman likes this.
  19. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

crazygolfer likes this.