Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:rofl: This fucking killed me. The Crossroads reference was amazing.

Ree likes this.
  2. Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

"This is my first dislike since 2002." LMAO :rofl::rofl:

RapidGunner, Zakksalvo and Ree like this.
  3. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

To everyone saying the catalyst wasn't so badly received. Look at the likes and dislikes ratio for the lyrics video. See anything similar?

It's like, people like to twist the past facts into their favor to try and put across their point.
    We were all here when LP released the catalyst. The reactions were the same if not worse.

Alexrednex and wattmatters like this.
  4. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I don´t know if this has been shared here before.

Yeah, it's the same guy that did the Scuzz TV interview with Chester after the release of THP. The very same interview where Chester said that he got "tingles" when he heard the opening riff for GATS and made him want to write rock songs forever... lol

Reanimate02 likes this.
  5. LohithMohan

Mercedes-AMG posted this message on their fb page
    "Linkin Park's new single "Heavy" is out now. Listen to the song and pre-order their new album One More Light on LinkinPark.com! Stay tuned for the music video featuring the Mercedes-AMG GT!"

Gravity_LP and minuteforce like this.
  6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fair enough. :)

7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

The dude with the beanie is a pretentious asshat. A walking stereotype of hard rock fans. Dude probably thought he was too cool for school with his "Fuk Da Mainstream! Weal musik!" Attitude. I just can't get the image of 90% of people who are so deadset on hating LP either being edgy 13 year Olds or dustheads who think all music died in 1998 or some shit.

Alexrednex and Sasuke like this.
  8. Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

The Catalyst was experimental and innovative. Heavy is different because of how identical it sounds to other mainstream pop songs. It's like comparing apples to oranges. "Reactions were the same if not worse" doesn't justify this.

kcg and Reanimate02 like this.
  9. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

You can't fool the true fans into thinking this is "experimental"

You had a solid fanbase, people who would have supported you if you carried on being true musicians; but you got greedy.

R.I.P. Linkin Park

Amarez likes this.
  10. Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

"True fans" such as the ones that listened since Hybrid Theory all the way up to Hunting Party.. feel betrayed. Just look at the YouTube comments. A majority hate this direction.

Reanimate02 likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Then shouldn't you have all felt betrayed in 2007? 2010? And 2012? It's not like Burn It Down was any worse.

Abel and Bane like this.
  12. LohithMohan

Are we gonna ignore the different vocal style of this song? Are we gonna ignore the fact that for the first time on a studio album, LP brought in a female vocalist. Are we gonna ignore how the band said they approached the songwriting differently this time? That's a lot of experimentation from the band and it shows in this song. That's basically the whole point so many dislike it because the band changed so much.
    It would be interesting to note that if Kiiara was not featured on this song, half these dislikes would've gone down. But everyone associates featuring Kiiara to selling out. So.

:rofl:
    You mean just like the "true fans" who said the same shit when The Catalyst was released?
    "Oh, I was with the band from HT and even supported them through MTM but this... this is techno crap. LP SOLD OUT!!!"

LP got greedy? Burn it down was intentionally commercial with the band trying very little to innovate with that song. There is more experimentation in this one new song than there was in almost 75% of LT. But nah, let's overreact just like how everyone did in 2010.
    In 5 years time, so many of these new "true LP" fans would probably take a full 180 and praise this album for being what it is.

Also, gentle reminder. You do not get to define what or how a band should sound. If you've truly supported the band through all the hate and criticisms ATS got, then you'd know this. If you don't like this song or even the album, its OK. It is not the end of the world guys. But you'll need to stop with RIP LP nonsense.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  13. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Thanks for the analysis. Not sounding whiny or trolling but I couldn't really hear the bass and guitar after a few listens. Perhaps I'll appreciate it more now that I have references and notes on the overall sound.

Although I still disagree amicably on the lyrics; it's average for LP's standards. However, I do think the band succeeded in writing a song that portrays a mindset, rather than an emotional narrative. Which makes me curious which songs are similar like Heavy in that aspect..

wattmatters likes this.
  14. Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

Burn It Down was another New Divide. That wasn't an Ariana Grande pop sound! Heavy has a beat that Ariana Grande would fap to.

Reanimate02 and frezer86 like this.
  15. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Nope.

Sorry but I'm not just gonna mindlessly follow this band like alot of people do. Shit music is shit music to me, don't care who it's by. There's too much of it these days.

hasbino, TheZlajaZlo and Reanimate02 like this.
  16. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I cant help it, guys. Heavy might win LP's worst lyrics award for me. They're just....bad. Nothing else to say really

hasbino and Reanimate02 like this.
  17. Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

I need to get in the habit of multi-quoting. I apologize and will try to do that next time I post. Kiiara has little to nothing to do with why there are many dislikes. Instead, people dislike the 'big picture' the band is portraying. The overall sound of this track is what people are feeling skeptical about. The. Big. Picture.

Yes it is different. Yes it is change. Yes it is experimenting with something new. And that new thing is the pop sound that isn't appealing to several.. several... several LP fans. Fans from the good ol days. And you know it. The Catalyst is techno and something... well... not Ariana Grande or Katy Perry. I'm an ATS and Living Things fan. Those two albums were heavily electronic but they stayed away from pop. The Catalyst was something more than plain pop. The Catalyst was pushing the abstract. Heavy is.. lazy.

hasbino likes this.
  18. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

So the people who like the song are just mindlessly following the band?
    Stop thinking your opinion is the only one that matters.

19. LohithMohan

The 'Big Picture' sounds drastically different to a casual LP fan because of the inclusion of a new factor that would immediately be associated with pop music aka Kiiara. Anyone's first impression on knowing that Kiiara is featured in this song would be "Kiiara? In a LP song? WTF?" and their mind would automatically be tipping towards disliking the song. Just look at the comments that were there in LPA forums when rumors got out that Kiiara is being featured (because of the casting call for the video). And those reactions were from fans who follow LP sincerely. You can easily imagine how a casual fan expecting another typical LP song would react. It's a simple factor why there are so many dislikes and why people are not appreciating the changes. You remove her, have Chester singing through the whole thing and the comments & likes/dislikes ratio would be different for the most part. Why do I say this? Because musically, the song isn't anything different from what we've heard from the band. This "pop" beats thing you've accusing the band of has been there in their songs for a LONG LONG LONG time now. Powerless is a quick example. Until It's gone is another example. Just because they have guitars doesn't make it any less poppy.

TheInterframe and Halfway Dwight like this.
  20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Stop posting the same comment 1000000000x times

Abel and Bane like this.