Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming with that. I agree this song doesn't really have that emphasis on lyrics like they said, but I do think this is LP's most honest first single (even song maybe) in a long time. ATS and THP had more political undertones and LT seemed more focus on the overall sound then the message of the songs.
    Imo, Heavy delivers on just being intimate. It's not being pretentious lyrically nor is it hiding that it's a pop song. It's refreshing to me.

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Alright, that's true.

I usually avoid social medias reactions. I can imagine it got hectic this time.

Abel and Deliveranze like this.
  3. Deliveranze

@Qwerty19
    Yeah, I think the band knows it's hard to like every single thing since they switch so many styles. I think Chester is talking to the more extreme cases. If ya don't like a single or even a project, it doesn't mean you aren't a fan. That's natural. I didn't like LT or Recharged for example. Those who go "Fuck LP" or "I'll never buy anything from them again" aren't very rational imo.

4. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yeah! that might be the typical mainstream radio single. and also i think LP released this song deliberately as 1st singles. to open this reaction we see right now. the majority of the LP fans are people who absolutly hate pop even though LP was always pop hidden behind powerchords. so they try to fuck with their feelings. haha those guys are genius imo.
    [​IMG]

Deliveranze likes this.
  5. diehardlpfan77

diehardlpfan77 Well-Known Member

This song is musically and lyrically just lazy. i'm surprised they took 3 years to make this? This is just complete garbage.

Tocaraca likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

LOL :lol: yeah I think people always underestimate LP's intentions. I'm 100% sure they knew how people were likely to react within the fanbase, and while I don't always agree on everything they do, contradictions and WTF LP? moments always make this band so interesting to listen to. :p

Bane and Sasuke like this.
  7. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I will just say, if you start your comment with "I have listened to the band for xx years" your comment is more cringy and cliche than 90% of LP's lyrics :halfkappa:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Abel, Kareem Saad, Gravity_LP and 4 others like this.
  8. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, correct :lol:

Shit happens.

Alexrednex likes this.
  9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

How do you quantify that or whatever? There were a lot of negative reactions, inside and outside the fanbase, and it was no different to the reaction to any new LP single; the song is different to what someone wants, they rail against the band for making it.

10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

There are way too many entitled people these days. Why do some of you think the band has to do anything for you or do what you want them to do?

Think about it. Imagine if you drew a picture and you really liked it. It's what you were into at the time and then you shared it with someone. They could say, "I don't like that." and that's fine, but imagine if they said, "What is that? That's not what I wanted you to draw for me. It's shit.".

Society is so immature. So entitled. So ungrateful. If you don't like the song, then you don't like the song. That's fine. But when it comes to, "The band didn't do what I wanted them to do. They didn't do anything for me, fuck them." That's crossing the line and says a lot about yourhg character.

Nobody in life has to do a fucking thing for you.

Breno9712, Sasuke and Bane like this.
  11. minuteforce

The typical argument against that is "if I made millions doing it, I would [do that drawing over and over again]". I asked someone once if they still wore the same clothes they wore a decade ago and that's the answer I got

I think that, if that's what the band cared about, it would probably show in their art.

12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Agreed.

At least no one is bitching about the song being poorly mixed. Something that has plagued the band a lot.

13. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Wow. That is so immature it's actually funny. People like you are an embarassment to the band.

They probably would put out a song with Ariana Grande if that's what it would take to get rid of "fans" like you. Fuck, they'd probably even cover Let it Go from Frozen as long as that meant that people like you stopped calling yourself LP fans.

Avo, RapidGunner and brady like this.
  14. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Honestly, I am intrigued^^

15. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

It's a matter o[/QUOTE]
    That's straight up attacking someone for his taste , please stop man .
    I don't agree with his opinion but calling someone an embarrassment is just too much

NikoLpSoldier likes this.
  16. ysi

ysi New Member

Hi! My first post here but I felt like a have to share my thoughts now.
    It's not a bad song but I don't really feel I'm listening to Linkin Park. I don't mind a female singer and Kiiara has a good voice, the song sounds good as it is but it shouldn't be on a Linkin Park album in my opinion. What worries me the most is that now the band collaborates with writers who write the most mainstream and poppiest pop songs which just feels wrong for me. Why can't the six of them write their own songs completely? I really don't get their creative process sometimes.

What I really don't understand about the band is that occasionally they show what they are capable of and this is often in the form of songs which didn't make the tracklist of an album, I'm thinking now older demo songs and some of their material found on EP-s, LPU albums or B-sides. For example, their 2002 song A-Six is a really great instrumental and it especially shows Rob's skills as a drummer, or Pale from 2006 is really great, one of their best in my opinion. And there are some great songs which could've been released as part of an album but they weren't, like I really don't know why No Roads Left, Announcement Service Public or maybe even Across The Line were not released on MTM although I don't know whether they were actually written before the album release. Also, QWERTY is one of their best songs for me, I feel like the song is an expansion of the style of HT/Meteora which is how I imagined the direction they should take for a long time . The Hunting Party is pretty close to that but it misses that perfect Linkin Park vibe for me. They have some demos from the early 2000s which are really better then even HT/Meteora. Today I feel like those albums are oversimplified especially compared to these demos. A lot of these have more complex structures and instrumentation, they feel more progressive than most of their studio albums which always fall short on something for me. Only 1 or 2 songs on MTM and THP or maybe A Thousand Suns live up to what I'm expecting from them in terms of complexity, but I still enjoy some demos from them more.

So what I'm saying is sadly some of their songs which didn't appear on the tracklist of an album are some of their best ones. Somehow I feel they could really surpass what they present for us as their studio albums but they never will if they release mediocre stuff like Heavy. I hope when Mike said the new album sounds like this song he was talking about the atmospheric sound and not that it's a pop song.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    NikoLpSoldier likes this.
  17. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Not attacking him for his taste. I'm attacking him for the way he expresses it. To say he'd rather commit suicide or cut himself then listen to pop is DISGUSTING. Depression is not something you make throw away comments about.

Avo, Abel, RapidGunner and 4 others like this.
  18. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I feel like there are little things that would make Heavy much, much better for me.

For one, if Chester and Kiiara were singing two different vocal harmonies that complement each other, rather than singing the exact same progression. Chester doesn't exactly have a deep voice, and thus it gets lost against the backdrop of Kiiara's vocals. I feel if Mike sung the quiet bit before the final chorus and then joined in on a lower octave than Chester and Kiiara that would've sounded beautiful.

Also, if Brad took the picking that he incorporated in the verses of the live version and used it in the studio version, that would've sounded beautiful. I like Heavy, but there are many little details about it that aren't absolutely pleasing to my ear.

Andreina and Sasuke like this.
  19. Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

woah I feel the same for all except that meteora is my favorite album but living things is also one of my favorite haha

Blake and NikoLpSoldier like this.
  20. minuteforce

There are some great songs on "Living Things" - two of the tracks off that album are among my absolute favourites from the band. :) For that album, I think people's minds just go straight to songs they don't like and they forget about songs they might've considered to be highlights

RapidGunner, Andreina and Sasuke like this.