Linkin Park - 'Heavy' 2 Track Single Coming March 10th with Instrumental Version

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 18, 2017.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park will be releasing a physical 2 track single of their new single Heavy feat. Kiiara on March 10th, 2017. The listing has appeared on the Warner Music Catalogue Site which is known for listing releases from the band. What's notable about the CD is that it will include an instrumental version of Heavy, as this isn't available yet this will be the first time we'd hear it.

[​IMG]

As is the case with most CD singles this may only be released in Europe but we will update when it's available and we have more information.

In a Twitter Q&A last night Chester also said we can expect an acapella version of Heavy "soon".

Source: Warner Music Catalogue via LPLive

Andreina likes this.
    Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yes!

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

yea give me the acapella so i can make a remake

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Hopefully its not as expensive as the last singles...

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I'm expecting some cool fan remixes. :D

On a related note, are the LPA MMUs still going on? Let's bring it back!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wait, a single CD? I didn't realise anyone still did that

Captain-EO likes this.
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Yay acapella soon! Too bad my laptop speakers headphone jack is broken :(

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes! i love their Instrumentals :)

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Curious to hear the instrumental to see if I can notice more stuff going on.

IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

That's great !
    Anyone knows why there was no official physical release for GATS by the way ?

hasbino

hasbino Member

I miss the days when there were B-sides.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yes I need the instrumental for this!! Not that I'll do anything other than sing over it by myself!

Eager for release.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wouldn't say this is the first time we'll hear the instrumental...or the acapella, for that matter. 6-track promo CD with clean/dirty full song, clean/dirty acapella, and instrumental/"TV instrumental" (whatever that is) already got sent out by WB.

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I have been listening to a lot of LP's instrumentals lately and some of them sound more awesome without vocals,so slightly stoked to hear this soon.

Iopia and Sasuke like this.
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Until it's gone sounds incredible without vocals. And if this song is stripped of its vocals, it's going to sound incredible. So much stuff going on a lot of people don't care about or don't hear cause the vocals cover it.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Likely partly because there was a Shazam licencing deal and the Project Spark...thing... but it's also no secret that Warner at the time were quite concerned there would be low commercial appeal for the track (and THP in general). I believe they wanted Until It's Gone to be the first single and there was some heated debate with the band. UIG and Final Masquerade were clearly the most "accessible" tracks from THP, so i'm not suprised they were the ones given physical release. Barely anyone buys physical CD singles these days, record labels pick carefully what they believe will sell. Machine Shop on it's own simply doesn't have the resources to handle international physical retail distribution.

Really good news about more instrumentals and acapellas though, love listening to LP's instrumentals especially. The HT and Meteora instrumentals bring out so much extra detail and instrumentation because the albums were mastered so loud to begin with. I can spend hours with my HD800's listening to the instrumental albums that have been released/leaked.

I'd be stoked to get a full album instrumental & acapella release for One More Light like we did with the last couple of albums. It'd be particularly interesting with this album to see what the "pop haters" do with the parts and take the songs in new directions.

Still praying for ATS instrumentals. Well, mainly just WTCFM as we have several multitracks already.

IronDust71 likes this.
    Non-Pattern

I concur. I think for the case of 'Heavy', it's mixed towards to sound more 'pop'-ish, hence not a lot of people can hear the guitar and bass beneath the vocals. And while I'm still not used to the sonic direction of this song, i can see now it does sound similar to LT songs, only well-mixed.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think the guitar and bass parts were intentionally subtle anyway, as they sometimes tend to be in out-and-out electronic pop productions now. It'd be a different story if the band had hyped up the guitar-playing on "Heavy" :p

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i hope they release the acapella soon! also curious to hear the instrumental version:lol:

Non-Pattern

You might be right. However, one thing I think that's a consensus for us fans is that the song is well-mixed. To be honest, as much shocking/"off-putting" the sonic direction was, I rather listen to a well-mixed song than a poorly-mixed one.