Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think he means in terms of them switching sounds from heavy to softer

This could be like That's the Spirit in the sense that we had THP, their heaviest album to date and then went soft.

The only thing is BMTH went softer because they had to, not because they wanted to.

2. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I'll say no, i fucking love TTS. but the album is safe as fuck. all the songs had the same sound. there's no experimentation. maybe except in Doomed. i love to see Linkin Park make a song like that.
    And i know, Heavy is just the typical lead-single for the Radio, so i think the album has a lot more to offer than this song.

3. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Just heard Heavy being played on a radio station here for the first time. Being played after a couple of the usual "pop" songs, I must say it stands out from other "pop" songs pretty well. It sounded like a electronic rock ballad, if that made sense.
    I'm pretty happy with how this song has grown on me over the past few days. I started off from going meh to thinking this really isn't a bad song at all and still sounds LP-ish.

The ONLY factor that makes this song non-LPish is the inclusion of Kiiara. The band should release a version with only Chester. I can guarantee that it's reception would be much better.
    Also, I want to hear the chorus that Kiiara sings with Chester's vocals. We had gotten a glimpse of that during video number 8 of 8. I feel it sounded better.

4. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

WIN

5. kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

Heavy is Linkin Park contradicting their own rhetoric when they released The Hunting Party about going against the grain and how generic and boring everything on the radio is by putting out an extremely generic and boring single. Help is Papa Roach recycling more of the same shit they've been doing since The Connection. Not impressed with either of them.

Tocaraca likes this.
  6. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

It seems a large number of people in this thread seem to have Just Bieber on the mind a lot

Abel, Sasuke and mandylane like this.
  7. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

yeah

8. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

So nice you had to say it twice

Sasuke likes this.
  9. Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

My first post after discovering this great website.
    Simply, this was 3 years ago. People's tastes change. And on the same interview mike said he had recorded some tracks while touring so they would use them when recording the new album and then when he listened again he found them poppy while he wanted to make a more rock album. That means he himself is inclined to make a kinda more poppy music but just decided that it is not their time. They wanted an album to be a rock album but they didn't say that will be the direction of the band from then on. Also the band have never been a fully rock band to be honest. Linkin Park has always been the more poppy rock band in comparison to all other bands out there since their appearance. They were more about mixing genres. You know, The name "Hybrid Theory" comes from somewhere. And really I've never seen them happy about making an album like they are on this one so let them do whatever they want. As long as it sounds good and some people like it, does it really matter which genre it is?

10. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What about this? 26:05 of lenght

11. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

New interview with Chester and Mike about "Heavy" and new album over at iheart radio

minuteforce likes this.
  12. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I looked at Wikipedia and that's not even what the page looks like anymore. I'm sure that's fake.

Sasuke likes this.
  13. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

But what's the source? There's no way that's legit. It already got taken off Wikipedia.

14. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Believe me, even I'd be crushed if there wasn't a single song that didn't break the 3-minute mark lol. But people are editing that album page over on Wikipedia like crazy right now. Unless it's officially confirmed, don't believe anything you see. People are going insane (both for good and bad reasons) over all this right now. There's just a lot of noise being made.

Sasuke and Iopia like this.
  15. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of you are still making excuses for them.They used Justin Bieber's writers and went 100% pop, yet still you're sucking them off?

Do you not see how bad this is for the rock music industry? What message does it send when a band goes from hard rock to this? I'm glad people are still ripping Linkin Park a new one on social media.

They need to be kicked out of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame for this shit.

frezer86 and Luke like this.
  16. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

A less than 30 minute album would be like, an EP. (inb4 debate about the definition of EP, either by # of songs or length). Please no, I don't want that,

If there is one thing I can reprimand the band for right now, is their fucking mouths. The THP rhethoric was a MASSIVE shot in the foot, they don't measure their words, they might as well said "this is what we feel like doing right now" and shut it there; not only they heavily criticized the music genre they would next explore but also dared to dwell in name-calling. You HAVE to smack them in the head for that. If none of that hadn't happened people hadn't called out 'Hypocrisy' since day one we heard the rumors of the songwriting style they were approaching and the people they were working with.

'Heavy' would've still gotten some smack, but not with such glaring ammo.

I like different styles of music and there are moments where I just want to listen to a heavier album, but I'm not going to shoot myself by saying pop music sucks before I blast a hard rock CD. It's about moments, like a biorhythm. They should've just kept quiet.

Explain to me how that would make your life better.

17. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

:rofl:
    Totally agree on every point!

18. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

And I hope some day people will have to pass a test before they are allowed to use the Internet. It is frigthening that something like music brings the worst out in certain individuals. Music is something that should unite people, spread happiness and joy or help. Why not just listen to something else instead of spreading hate? That isn't even close to constructive crisicism...

RapidGunner, Michele, Abel and 5 others like this.
  19. Nic M Rayce

Nic M Rayce New Member

Hey guys, understand some of us may want to expect a heavier version of Heavy: - decided to write this piece of remix cuz' I totally miss when they used to do heavy chorus, heavier guitars and synths altogether - hence, I thought of making the song a bit heavy - nothing too fancy in terms of the electronic work though - trying to keep the sounds fresh and doesn't sound too remix-ey feeling. Synths I used here are the ones I personally love to work with which resembled the synths used by Mike in (this remix's chorus) Robot Boy, Jornada del Muerto, (this remix's verse background) Numb, Shadow of the Day etc.

I totally love their stuff. Well, the songwriting process decides what's the results right? Remember how they used to say they write music first, vocals later? Normally that is the type of songwriting process that they've used ever since Hybrid Theory and it did end up with a totally heavy chorus with a structured verse-chorus-verse format.

That kind of thought process is cool but let's say if they implement that for 10 years straight, wouldn't it be too boring and mental draining for those guys? I bet they are. So, if you think about it, it makes sense now this new song has the vocal very-in-your-face kind of thing - while the rest became background - because of the songwriting process went from vocal first, then music later. And normally these are common for songwriters who wrote acoustic, pop, country, slow rock etc.

Having said that, I would love to hear the instrumental version of their song though - cuz it is always a different listening experience when you can hear the stuff they put in background.

20. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Are you 15? So immature.

And since when has the health of the rock industry hinged on what sort of music Linkin Park are putting out?

A band going from hard rock to this sends out the message that at this moment in time, they like pop and want to write some more pop orientated music. Which they have every right to do, and NOONE has the right to tell them not to.

It's their band, and they can do whatever the hell they like.

RapidGunner, Abel and Sasuke like this.