Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Is that mike?at 15s

Bane and Wizardofozil like this.
  2. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

That Chester

3. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I hear Guitar, Drums and Bass...for those who think that the song is not made up by real instruments...

RapidGunner, Bane, Sasuke and 2 others like this.
  4. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

They're pretty clear.

5. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

GUYS , i m pretty sure and i m in conclusion that the problem and all hate is about the female voice in LINKIN PARK 's SONG .... we cant stand the voice there. IT MAKES THE SONG POPPY AS fuck just because of THIS.
    LP has poppy staff in the past just like this, except the female voice and the structure ( or duration as you wish) . After hearing those

it's much more CLEAR ..
    I ve been so let down in the past 3 days for this because i couldn't see why this track is can not be in the LP discography but now i can see....
    For me it's a good song and i like it but i still cant put it in the rest of LP signature ...

6. SoulSold2LP

SoulSold2LP New Member

Two years ago I didn't like the song "waiting for the end" and now and am hooked. Same happened with "Lying From You". So I know at some point in my life I WILL come back to this song but that point is not now. Other than that LP is awesome they will be forever.

wattmatters likes this.
  7. wattmatters

After 1:30, the instruments are really really good.

Listen to the track after the instrumental.

You'll hear all sounds

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The Instrumental is fucking sick :headbang:
    The mixing is another world compared to LT & THP omo.
    THIS.
    And this really shameful in my opinion. there's nothing wrong with female vocals at all. even in Linkin Park songs. we live in 2017 so what the fuck is this?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  9. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

"If you seek out negativity you will find it , I hope you have good day instead " .
    I agree with mike

10. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I think that if Mike had sung the Kiiara verses we would have not seen this amount of dislikes and hate...

11. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yep but I mean a full reggae track. I'm curious how they gonna nail that one. I'm also wondering the last time Mike posted on his Instagram Stories about experimenting cowbells, it's a great intro, I hope it's in the album.

12. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Gotta say that this song grows on me with each play. But I'm still kinda dissapointed that they went that route right after THP. I'm not going to take Mike seriously ever again.

13. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Thats not how maths works how can it have 4.5 million views and 1/3 people dislike the song. Theres no evidence for that. Now even if you're looking at the people that liked and disliked its 200,000. overall.

likes - 150,000 - 75%
    dislike - 50,000 - 25%

Thats many dislikes but still overwhelmingly popular

14. wattmatters

chesterreply.jpeg

Mission Accomplished.

15. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Kiiara is the last thing about this track that I dislike..

Things I like about the track:
    • Chester's trying something new with his vocals
    • Meaningful lyrics without being too vague
    Things I dislike about the track:
    • Super basic drum machine percussion used for half the track, instead of using Rob's live drumming talents.. Rob was made to do a super basic beat when he did eventually pop up.
    • The use of Brad/lead guitar was just as bad, it only appeared half-way through and it was basic as hell.. I may be wrong but i'm half-convinced Mike wrote this too.
    • Mike's piano chords throughout are incredibly bland and generic, no complexity and they never change.
    • It is very boring to me, I have never found a Linkin Park track to be boring in the past.
    • The track is way too repetitive considering the short length.
    • It lacks depth, there should be more happening in the song than there is.
    • It simply isn't good enough to be the lead single, considering LP's previous output.
    Basically it feels like Mike is doing everything, and added in Rob/Brad as an afterthought. It doesn't sound like the six guys created this or really brainstormed it together. If you're a fan of Rob, it sucks.. if you're a fan of Brad, it sucks.. if you're a fan of Joe, it sucks.. and I don't know where Phoenix was at either. I'm a fan of all the guys' individual talents and I saw none of them in this track, it's basically Mike and Rob in first gear to me. Want a good example of Mike and Rob production? Check out Lockjaw.

Either it started off a good track, and got completely ruined by mixing and overproduction.. or it was intended to sound exactly how it ended up... A Linkin Park song without the Linkin Park "sound" and devoid of half of the band, with catchy poppiness which gets old quickly. There is almost zero depth outside of the vocals IMO.

Those are all the technical reasons for why I disliked it.. no tantrum throwing. No "RIP Linkin Park" (my avatar is a joke by the way, it's a parody of the youtube comments)

So yep! Holding out for something much better on the album! Really, last post.. it's taken me a couple of days to really lock down why I dislike this track, it's cool if others like it.. but I truly consider this to be the worst Linkin Park ever made.

kcg, Nicholas, Decay and 3 others like this.
  16. jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

I'm actually really surprised about the backlash this has received. It's normal for all the 'bring back the Hybrid Theory sound' fans to crawl out of the woodwork whenever some new material is released, but not on this level before... sure, it's a poppy song, but no more so than something like 'Burn it Down', which people seem to lap up.

As for me, I think it's the inclusion of Kiiara that saves this song from mediocrity - it'd definitely have something 'missing' without her. She sounds fantastic, and really is the highlight. And it's nice to finally have a female vocal on a LP studio album!

And in terms of the album... I like the fact that we always get thrown a curveball. I've got my favourite LP sound like anyone else does, but I'll be damned if any consequent album sounded exactly like the last. As someone with a pretty broad music taste, I can get on board with pretty much anything LP put out and see it for what it is. My only hope with this album though, is that they haven't played it too safe. My favourite LP record is ATS, not necessarily for its sound, but its pure fucking weirdness. I'd love another album like that, and Living Things definitely felt like a step backwards after something that special.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  17. wattmatters

Here is what Phoenix was doing!
    phoenix.jpeg
    There is bass in the song.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  18. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I love tweets like this. Shit on the song and band non-stop with tweets like the one above and this...

[​IMG]

... and then get a reply and are all that's awesome! Thanks for the reply!

brady and wattmatters like this.
  19. wattmatters

Hypocrites everywhere.

20. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Exactly this. LP have always been a poppy band, who occasionally drift into more alternative territory. A song like Heavy has never been out of the band's scope.

Okay, with that logic then I think your opinion is worth less than all the people who've clearly and eloquently expressed their opinions on the song. And music is 100% subjective, sure, you can talk about complexity vs. simplicity (and the reason why I don't love Heavy is because of its objective simplicity), but you can't go around saying that one song is objectively better than another. That's not how art works. Otherwise I could easily argue that everything Linkin Park, The Beatles, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd have ever released is trash compared to this

I totally agree with most of these points (although I think I do like the song a little bit more than you). :)

Alexrednex likes this.