Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You know how I know you're making excuses? None of what you said makes sense.

That's not a key increase. In fact, that's not even the correct term. What you're looking for is key change. And no, there is no key change there.

In fact, the only thing that happens at 1:18 is Kiiara sings the chorus in the SAME OCTAVE that Chester sang it before. Go back and check the tapes. Same notes. Same octave. The only thing different about the first chorus and the chorus that starts at 1:18 is it's a different person singing it. That does not make it Disney.

"If they reworked some of the instrumental"

I mean, they did. That second chorus is when the live drums come in. And everyone here seems to be complaining about the electronic drums. Also the sections after 1:18 are in fact pretty different from what happened prior to 1:18. Hell, compare the instrumental under the first chorus with the second.

2. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

I'm actually remixing the track and i'm amazed how well it'll fit into many sort of genres from electro to rock to drum n bass.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Blake, Alexrednex, Bane and 1 other person like this.
  4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

That's cause they're POWERLESS to stop them.:shifty:

Blake, Alexrednex, Bane and 2 others like this.
  5. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Because it doesn't ring true and because LP have a long history of deliberately writing songs aimed at radio play.

"I'm not on some What I've Done type shit" encapules this whole thing quite succinctly. The fact that and other such quotes and conversations in the making of ATS were such a big deal speaks volumes in regards to LP's overall career. There absolutely is label pressure to be as radio friendly as possible, but the buck stops with the band. They can stand their ground and say "no" (like they did on ATS), or they can agree for what ever reason. They have taken the latter road a lot in their career.

"Heavy" is probably the most blatant case of this to date, and that's saying something with some of the songs LP have.

6. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

Only real issue with the song for me is when chester sings "i know i'm not the center of the universe...", sounds a bit autotuned.

Otherwise decent song with a clear intent to get back in the charts, but there's nothing wrong with that.

JSigcha10 likes this.
  7. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Oh, I wasn't bashing you. Just annoyed by how much some users on here are being overdramatic about hating Heavy. More specifically, Reanimate.

I don't hate you either, man. Just because we don't agree on one thing, doesn't mean we can't get along. :)

Bane likes this.
  8. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's not autotune. People thought they used autotune in The Catalyst, too.

Bane and wattmatters like this.
  9. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

It's actually less then 25% dislike ratio.

Why can't people do maths godammit.

10. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

Don't know what it is but it doesnt feel right lol, not in this song anyway. Catalyst is my favorite song by the way so it's not like i have a problem with how they modified his voice, just doesn't fit this song.

11. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I hope that they're going to release an acapella version of "Heavy" so I can make a metal version. Maybe they'll even release acapellas for the whole album like they did with THP. I will make a metal version of "One More Light" if that really happens.

Also, I think that the next album they're gonna release is going to be more back to the roots, maybe a mix of Meteora & Minutes to Midnight. Not sure what they'd come up with either way though, because they've basically done everything they could do already.

12. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

Linkin Park has always been a band with simple (but unique) instrumentals with a strong lyrics about feelings. Linkin Park music is about feelings, it's always been. After listening to the instrumental version I realized that this track could be inside an album like LT, ATS and MTM without problems.

13. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

where can i listen to the i nstrumental version hay:?

14. Squadrongod

Squadrongod Member

Cut about a minute off the song and take the vocals away and it would be great.
    I didn't think anything could be worse than the hunting party..

Here's to the next FM album.

15. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

YouTube! I can not send the link because it is against the rules of the Forum I think.

16. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

it's on youtube now

17. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I wanna ask a question about this Sorry For Now clip everybody keeps posting with Blackbear...why does the video have to be lowered in order to hear Mike? Like...why does the original video sound so high? Is that the intention of the song? Was the original poster trying to throw people off? I just don't get it lol.

18. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

The guitar cover? Yeah.. no.

I mean like the one I did with Rebellion (check out in "Your Projects" thread, not sure if I'm allowed to keep the link here)

Or does one like this exist?

I know, it really sounds like Mike and I have no idea why it's not discussed anywhere ha
    The lower version sounded much closer to him, you're right. Not sure if Mike ever went that high.

19. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Uhhh...the acapella homie. It's on Youtube..... English homie...

20. TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

It does, there is a Instrumental, acapella and TV Track version. It was leaked from the 6-Track promo CD sent to radio/TV stations. It's on YouTube now, also I think theres a thread with it on LPLive