Predictions for the new album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Reanimate02, Feb 14, 2017.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I never thought about the possibility that it could be another "Messenger". Damn you, @Filip :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I didn't either until @Alexrednex mentioned it. I don't think it'll be like that, though. I expect some more finesse from the band on this album.

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion: 'The Messenger' is awesome and is one of the highlights on A Thousand Suns.

Although you can't have highlights if every song is a highlight.

[​IMG]

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Mike has more or less confirmed that the song "stands out" on the album as a more somber and acoustic track -which was basically what I meant with it being The Messenger part 2.
    I think it will in some way or another mirror that song, because there is a certain thematic contrast between them (The Messenger written to Chester's kids vs. One More Light about the death of a friend)

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Is anybody talking about this? I'm like 99% sure that this is a snippet of the song "Sorry for Now" which is track number 7 on the new record.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I wonder what song is this from the album.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Dude! I've been looking for that forever! That song hypes me more than "Sorry For Now," assuming that isn't the song. Reminds me of when Shinoda did that Cigarettes outro.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah I like this one as well.. It would be amazing if this made to the final cut of the record 'cause I was afraid since so many songs were recorded but just only 10 got to the final cut.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Yea, that's a bit disappointing. I hope there is no instrumentals or interludes tbh. 10 songs plus an instrumental, an interlude and Heavy only would mean 7 new songs.

I really love the beat on this one too.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Predictions for One More Light:

People will bitch. I will ridicule those who are bitching. I will receive at least one infraction.

Deliveranze

The album is going to suck.

:shifty:

lpfaneki, Captain-EO and minuteforce like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Agreed, I doubt we'll see a song with only acoustic guitars. Its much more likely imo that we could see a song with mainly just pianos, and some ambient synths or something like that.

Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

My opinion of Heavy has been made known, but i'm still hoping the album can win me over. I agree with the people who suggested there could be one or two crazy tracks on there.. like Blackout, maybe a Given Up or something but less heavy.

I honestly don't mind if the album is heavy or not, but i'd rather they didn't go into EDM territory at all. I hope Heavy is the poppiest thing on there.

Also i'm perfectly fine with this being a soft album, and wouldn't mind an ambient album from LP.. it's always been the melodies and songwriting I liked about the band before anything else.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I wouldn't worry about EDM, I think they've gotten that out of their system with ALTNC, DTB, and now Waiting For Tomorrow.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Haha, I don't think that was the implication. Shinoda's actually already talked about the instrumentation in that song and said that it has both piano and acoustic

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I've got somewhat of a bold prediction:

While the first 11 songs of One More Light will be downbeat and at times depressing lyrically, as the title could suggest, "Sharper Edges" will be about coming out the other side a better person. The track will begin very intimate, however there will be a change in tone and the final minute or two will be heavy (not Hunting Party metal heavy, but there will be some drowning guitars and drums).

A pipedream for the final few seconds of the album (that 100% won't happen) would be a redux of one of the riffs from "Guilty All The Same" heard briefly on acoustic guitar/piano, or "Keys To The Kingdom" as some kind of segue into The Hunting Party.