Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Good to see :D

Sasuke, Bane, Gravity_LP and 2 others like this.
  2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I don't understand these people, man. They keep asking to put LP back on the charts and here now, They're tearing the charts and everybody's complaining thay the band is going mainstream. Jeez.

Forfeit to Break and Sasuke like this.
  3. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

If this song is one of the best this year then what a mad world we live in. I'm surprised (or maybe I shouldn't considering all that crap flooding radios) people dig such a heavily overproduced song, must be these millennial kids

4. Blake

It's all opinions after all. It's overproduced because Kygo makes Deep House and Tropical House music. If it wasn't "over produced" it would not be him.

I personally like his music and this song because of the use of chill vibes, mellow instrumentation mixed in with house vibes, great vocals on all his songs, and the extensive use of piano in a supporting role which brings out the music in a whole new light then before.

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I don't see how people consider Heavy as overproduced, it sounds nothing like Meteora.

I'm with you, right behind A Thousand Suns.

Bane likes this.
  6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The mix is fine. It's crisp, you can hear a lot of separation and if you listen to this on an actual sound system both those so called "weak drums" and the bass rumbles pretty decently.

Rick Rubin wouldn't have been in charge of the mix anyways. He didn't mix any of the records. He produced them.

brady, Knt.Slbs and Sasuke like this.
  7. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

But...but...they sold out, dude! It's pop crap, Linkin Park is dead! :kappa:

8. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

If I hear a song on the radio/when I'm out and it sticks in my head then I'm more likely to download/stream it and whoever has written it has done a good job. Heavy is insanely catchy, and is therefore tearing up the charts. That makes it a good pop song imo, whether people like it or not.

A lot of people shitting on Heavy not for just being pop, but for being bad pop, would love to be able to write a song as catchy as that I'm sure. I know I would.

brady likes this.
  9. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

I must agree, Minutes to Midnight was an evolution, and becomes better and better with time, like good wine.
    A Thousand Suns was a true experiment, songs like the Catalyst or Waiting for the end were awesome and unique in their style.
    Living Things was ok, THP was good to come back to metal roots but ... with time, I feel like I won't listen to it as much.

Heavy doesn't bring evolution, it's a typical 2016/2017 song that could have been made by anyone. The song is good, and I listen to it, and getting more and more used to it, but you can't call it an evolution, it's a copy/paste of today's mainstrem pop songs.

I hope the album will bring some surprises.

10. Squadrongod

Squadrongod Member

So what I gather is that everybody wants LP to make super catchy, simple, repetitive music that goes straight to the top of the pop charts?

Has anybody ever listened to the lyrics of Burning in the Skies? Straight poetry.. the music is a movie.

This song is just stripped down crap.. and not a good stripped down like the Messenger.. The finger snapping is straight cheese. I'd rather hear that one obnoxious note that repeats the whole time in H! Vltg3 for 10 straight days than listen to this. MIke Shinoda is a genius, this is song is not.

Reanimate02 likes this.
  11. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

for those that want the good old days

12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Ugh, Nu metal fans in 2017....

Abel, Alexrednex, Gibs and 4 others like this.
  13. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

That is god awful.

14. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I have the feeling the 'video' is not going to be released at all. Perhaps like other people said, the bridge session was just a photoshoot.

The single is out, it's on the radio, is being promoted everywhere, yet no music video yet? There is absolute no sense to release a video after the hype has been watered down.

15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The video is definitely coming out. It will probably be released in the coming weeks to spread out the promotion a bit.

Andreina and brady like this.
  16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yup, that's totally what I meant by being glad to see Linkin Park having success with the song. That's totally my bad, I hope OML and all future single releases flop and don't get much attention at all.

Fucking hell :lol:

Forfeit to Break and Deliveranze like this.
  17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Lmao, can't say I'm a fan of this. Their whole gimmick is covering "pop" songs though. I don't think Heavy was as good as they could have made it.

Their Chainsmokers - Closer is pretty good though.

18. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Well, it seems that not enough people bought THP and this is (modern guitar) God's punishment. We brought this on ourselves!

19. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

This thread is a cesspit.

And it's hilarious.

Abel, chris2, Deliveranze and 2 others like this.
  20. Blake

Bad idea in my opinion. If it doesn't come as early as next week they messed up. People can lose interest so it's better to get the video out faster.