Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

They could write it in five minutes whilst being incredibly bored and feeling like they were behaving beneath themselves.

There's no reason for them to go back to that style.

Captain-EO and brady like this.
  2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Like I said in a different thread I would love for Linkin Park to release a back to roots album as their very last album ever.

It won't happen but that would be cool.

Or their final album can be a double album with one album a back to the roots album and one album more experimental, that would be the best last album ever.

Outside of that, I'm 100% fine if they never do nu-metal again

Alexrednex and wattmatters like this.
  3. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

This is some good banter from the band :shinado:

4. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

So... believe it or not, I already got sick of Heavy. Yep. I can't enjoy the songs like I did before. Basically because is a 2:50 song with nothing risky or different. The track is the same thing, even the bridge has nothing new to deliver. Sorry LP but I'm not excited for the album anymore.

5. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

And? If you're sick of it, listen to something you're not sick of. Problem solved.

6. HybridT

What? I've just said my current opinion of the track and my current excitement of the album. I don't know what else do you want to read.

7. Forfeit to Break

Ideally something more positive or constructive.

8. HybridT

Well, I've always been happy with every LP release, and I've never understood the people that were complaining that in this forum there are people that bash you when you don't enjoy a song or an album. But now that you're saying this, I understand those people.

For your information, here we have all the right to post our opinion, without insulting or bashing the band. I've said that I'm sick of the song and that I'm not that excited for the album anymore. Do you have a problem with that? Or am I only able to share my opinion only if is a possitive one? I know that there are people that say: "BRING NU-METAL BACK, POP SUCKS" and I agree that those are unnecessary posts, but I'm just saying that I don't enjoy the song anymore. You can agree with me or disagree. But don't answer to me in that way.

Iopia likes this.
  9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Optimistically, I think @Forfeit to Break might've interpreted your post as being more aggressive than you intended.

In any case, there's nothing wrong with saying that the new single, or any other song, isn't your thing. It's just, unfortunately, there's a thin line between not liking "Heavy" ... and attacking the band for not regressing back into that teen angst stuff. I think the respectful posts stick out more as a result. :)

10. Forfeit to Break

Yeah maybe I did. I apologise. He has every right to his opinion.

Just wish that there wasn't so much constant negativity, but never mind.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What frustrates me is how many people act like pop music isn't challenging, or somehow requires less talent than other genres. Nobody's actually came out and said that, but the implication is there. That somehow, in creating a pop song...LP didn't put as much effort, or work into the song. That it's "lazy" or "easy".

Has anyone in here actually attempted to write a pop song in their lives? And not just a pop song, but one that's catchy, and capable of being a 'hit'? It's one thing to write a song that belongs in the pop genre, it's another thing to write a song that catches people's attention and actually becomes a hit. Which is something Linkin Park have done multiple times over the last 17 years, regardless of genre. Also, if writing a pop song was so easy or lazy, why do people hire songwriters to write music? Pop music requires just as much thought as any other genre. Just because this song is in a genre people don't like, doesn't mean it's in any way lazy or uninspired.

Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, George Michael and countless others wrote (and recorded) music that was considered 'pop' or written for commercial appeal, and I'm sure we can all agree that none of those artists are (or were) lazy, uninspired or uncreative.

Sure, 'Heavy' is no 'Billie Jean' or 'Freedom' but this song still got constructed, and built from the ground up. It started with a piano, and then eventually added lyrics, drums, guitar, bass etc. Delson is still there (providing more atmospheric guitar than anything), Phoenix is doing synth bass and bass guitar, Rob has live drums at the end, etc. All band members still recorded parts for this. Acting like this song is 'lazy', just because you don't like how accessible it is, is disrespecting the work that went into the track.

/end rant

12. HybridT

Oh no. I wasn't trying to sound agressive. Maybe he doesn't know me. I'm not that kind of "fan" that enjoys only HT and Meteora and hates everything that doesn't has distorted guitars. I prefer the experimental side of the band.

With that being said, I'm disappointed of this song not because of the lack of guitars or screams :lol: I'm disappointed because I was expecting something more experimental like ATS or something more complex.

Maybe you thought that I'm another annoying fan that wants HT back :lol: Hell no!

13. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So I'm listening to the This Is Linkin Park playlist they uploaded on spotify.

Until It's Gone comes on........

I just wanted to say that Heavy is SOOOO much better than Until It's Gone.

It amazes me that I actually loved that song when it first came out. I never even overplayed that song either, I just stop liking it randomly.

I really hope I don't grow out of Heavy as I really love the song :D

Sasuke likes this.
  14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Forfeit to Break, HybridT and Blake like this.
  15. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

This is very interesting.

Looks like the Music Video is coming soon.
    I only enjoy the Instrumental version. the song is lame as fuck. I'm asking myself this question since 3 years now: WHERE'S THE FUCKING CHORUS???

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  16. Forfeit to Break

Like I said, I apologise man, misread your point.

Just getting irked with so much negativity all the time. It sucks when an event which I enjoy so much, like a new LP album cycle gets constantly bashed, that's all. I appreciate not everyone is going to enjoy it like me though.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

18. HybridT

Cause you don't know what you've got
    Oh you don't know what you've got
    No you don't know what you've got
    Until it's gone
    Until it's gone
    Until it's gone

No problem mate, just wanted to make clear my opinion. I like the song, but I don't feel the same excitement as I used to felt before.

19. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

And also the True Detective rip-off video.

20. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

[​IMG]
    Reapiting "TILL IT'S GONE" for the billionth and one time isn't really a Chorus for me.