February 27, 2017 - The Late Late Show with James Corden

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Feb 27, 2017.

Tags:
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

UPDATE: Linkin Park performed Heavy with Kiiara and Invisible for LPU members from the upcoming album One More Light. You can watch the official Heavy upload below but Invisible will not be available and wasn't recorded as phones and cameras were not allowed..

ORIGINAL TEXT:

It’s been a long time how have you been?

[​IMG]

Linkin Park
    will start off the live shows for One More Light with a TV promotional performance at the Late Late Show. This is the of course not the first time that the band has performed on a American late night talk show.

The first one being in 2001 when they performed One Step Closer on Late Night with Conan O Brien. 2003 brought them over to Jimmy Kimmel Live, performing a eight song set, with only Faint and Numb being shown on tv, you can watch the full performance on YouTube. They returned to Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2007 when promoting Minutes to Midnight, performing a longer but not entirely full set. The two songs from that performance shown on TV were What I’ve Done and Bleed It Out. Again they returned to Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2012, this time for promotion of LIVING THINGS. This time their performance was spilt up in two nights. The band recorded 6 songs on June 27th, with BURN IT DOWN and Faint being shown that night. On June 28th, LIES GREED MISERY and New Divide were shown. I don't know why there aren't any pro-shots of those two last songs on YouTube, but if someone has a link to them, please post them. In 2013, Mike, Chester, and Steve Aoki stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live to perform A Light That Never Comes. You can watch a performance of that here. 2014 had the band again set to return to Jimmy Kimmel Live, but the band had to cancel their performance. Instead they recorded three songs for Kimmel when they played their release show for The Hunting Party. Those songs were Guilty All The Same, Until It’s Gone, and Wastelands.

Now let’s just sit back and enjoy their performance on Late Night back in 2001.

THERE HASN’T BEEN A LIVE LINKIN PARK SHOW SINCE 2015. Yes, that’s right. 2016 was the only year in their history that they didn’t play a live show as a full band. I have to put ”as a full band” in there because Chester and Joe went rogue, got on a plane to China, and performed a two song set in front of a bunch of Mercedes people. That makes me even hesitant to call it a Linkin Park performance, but hey, I included Mike and Chesters performance of A Light That Never Comes up there, so I guess this makes it as well.

The last show that the full band performed, was at Relief Live. The show was a 10 year anniversary of Music for Relief and the band played a twelve song set. The band were joined by Page Hamilton on Bleed It Out and Faint, and even though he was featured on All For Nothing on The Hunting Party, that song was not played. On What I’ve Done and Numb, Adrian Young came out and played with the band. Numb also featured Mark Hoppus on extra bass and vocals. Mike and Chester again joined Steve Aoki during his set to perform A Light That Never Comes and Darker Than Blood.

Enjoy this video of Darker Than Blood from the show

The last kind of performance we saw from Linkin Park was the Facebook live stream they did on February 16th. Mike, Chester, Brad, and Kiiara performed a three song set, consisting of Crawling, Heavy, and BURN IT DOWN. This was the first performance of Heavy, coming just a few hours after it premiered online and on the radio. Even though it was just two weeks ago, I think we all need a reminder of that set. And of Mike singing his rap verse on BURN IT DOWN … because that shit’s awesome!

So what do you think this performance will entail? We know that Kiiara is joining them at the performance, so Heavy is guaranteed to be performed, but will they maybe record more songs? And if they do, will it be old classics like New Divide, What I’ve Done or BURN IT DOWN? Or will it be new songs? In a recent livestream Brad said they’re rehearsing more than just Heavy.

What do you think will happen at the show? Will the band be featured in Carpool Karaoke? Will they perform more than just Heavy? Come and discuss in our forums.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Sasuke likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I hope they play WTCFM. It would be fitting I think.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I hope they gonna play Roads Untraveled (Piano version) too.
    #fingercrossed

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Wouldn't be surprised if we get two songs and both are from the new album.

ashish

ashish Active Member

Yes! Mike can express his love towards HT fans by harsh words. Lol

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Huh, I never realized that the band hadn't performed any of their ATS songs on any late show. Weird.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

No! they've done it before.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

That's not a "American late night talk show" though. Otherwise I'd have included it

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I really hope they're good. They usually suck in TV appearances and/or live debuts. I dread what could go wrong since both factors are in play.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Would love to see Corden's introduction.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think they will just perform Heavy.

Corden will likely speak to them briefly at the beginning when they're in their dressing room as he usually does with all guests. I do hope he interviews them (maybe 1 member and Kiiara?) properly on the couch too but not sure if this would happen.

Orena

Orena LP soldier, Writer

So excited for another live performance! Around what time can we see this?

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Fuck I hope they debut a new song.

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

I would lose my shit if they perform "Sorry For Now".

LohithMohan and Deliveranze like this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I hate to be the cynic, but I doubt a new song will be performed. Heavy is too fresh and we aren't even out of February yet, but if I'm wrong, I owe all ya virtual/fake $400 each.

mandylane likes this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

In that youtube video from a few days ago about Brad and guitars, Brad mentioned that one of the guitars (which he showed) was being used for one of the new songs. And the fact that he didn't mention 'Heavy' means they've rehearsed another song. That does not mean they will play it on this show but it certainly increases the chance of it happening.
    Also my opinion is that if they are gonna debut a new song, they should do it on such shows where more people can see.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

yes

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Somebody please tape this and post it!! We got rid of cable TV 3 years ago and haven't really missed it.....except for stuff like this.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

They will play Carousel only ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Definitely think they'll perform songs from "A Thousand Suns" and "Living Things" :kappa: