Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Heavy isn't about love and it's self-produced.

2. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

One thing that I don't like about this song it's that Kiiara sings more than Chester.

3. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Same responses here remind me of that LPU8 fiasco (on this very forum no less). For short memory refreshing: Fans get live tracks for LPU7 fans are unhappy, as they want something new something fresh. Fans get LPU8. They are not happy (among other things they call it a slap in the face of true fans and LPUers). Mike has to apologize to LPUers. I'm not gonna name names but some were very strong about there unhappiness.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The band has done plenty of things that other acts have also done. There's nothing wrong with them getting a guest for a song if they feel it would benefit the track, which is what they did for "Heavy". Does the band's reasonong sound like "we wanted a feature just to be like everybody else" to you?

Every LP album utilises the talents of additional musicians somehow or another. Some of the ones on this new album happen to sing, jusy like some of the guests on "The Hunting Party".

5. One More Rob

I am not saying LP has never done something other artists have, while I have to be honest and can't exactly pinpoint what it is that does it (besides the obvious thing: Chesters voice) but every song so far was like "okay this is an electronic ballad BUT it has that LP feel to it." This however is just generic pop whcih, in my opinion is just another reason why Heavy features Kiiara. She adds absolutely nothing to the track in fact if Chester or Mike did her part it would've been better. Still very generic but not a desperate attempt at being like anybody else. I think it shouldn't be a surpise that LP adds outside writers to the mix and its the blandest thing LP has ever done. Sure there might be something on the new album that might surprise me positively but I gave up hope at this point and hope LP8 will be a good LP album again.

6. minuteforce

This is a matter of taste. Every cycle, a lot of people abandon the band as fans (for the better) because they feel that what they consider to be the "LP feel" is now missing from the new music. Seems like a nebulous concept that's different to everybody, but I think it's just people's varying tastes in music.

wattmatters likes this.
  7. One More Rob

The odd thing is thought that, the pop thing doesn't really bother me as tracks like final masquerade or Powerless are both in my top 10 LP songs list, but again both of them had that "LP feel" to it. Its just that this track goes nowhere. its the most uninspired, lazy and generic pop track.

8. minuteforce

Yeah, to you, maybe - a lot of fans don't feel the same. So, again, I'm pretty sure that this mysterious "LP feel" is nothing more than "I like the song". I suppose it makes sense that, if you don't like the song, then, you don't think it "feels" like LP.

The thing that you should keep in mind anyway, though, is that it is Linkin Park, whether you like it or not. It just so happens that, this time, you're not into it. Their sound changes wildly with every album - sometimes, you'll be able to deal with it, other times, you won't. It's only natural that, inevitably, they'd make something that doesn't resonate with you.

Forfeit to Break and Andreina like this.
  9. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Forfeit to Break likes this.
  10. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Jeez.. Worst song of 2017? He's joking, right?

11. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

Aside of him hating the song , This guy is an asshole judging by his way of speaking and I'm sorry to even bother saying this but he truly is IMO

12. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Iopia and zazofazo like this.
  13. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Exactly. Heavy sounds much, much more like an LP song than, say, In Between, Burning In The Skies or The Catalyst, and I say that as someone who doesn't care for the track. Criticising the song for not having an "LP feel" just doesn't make sense. It's short, it has a big, catchy chorus, and it has a wall of guitars/synths (although a bit more subdued than normal) at the end. That's almost Linkin Park's formula to the book.

Sasuke likes this.
  14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly, thank you. This track, while not too terribly original (even I can admit this, being a fan of it) follows the classic LP songwriting formula. It just has a pop sheen to it.

IronDust71 and Iopia like this.
  15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

FUnny are the people who like the song itself, but dont want it to be LP who made the song. The struggle is real.

IronDust71 and Halfway Dwight like this.
  16. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

People still don't understand linkin park to this day lol

17. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I think that the "Linkin Park feel" has a lot to do with the mood or atmosphere of a given song. Of course, LP have created moody, atmospheric songs in a lot of different ways, so there isn't a specific mood or atmosphere that would result in a definite "feel". Personally, I prefer the band's darker, moodier songs that manage to be present on each album.

That said, my favorite dark, moody, atmospheric moments come not from an album, but an EP. That's right, the Hybrid Theory EP still contains some of my favorite songs from the band's enormous discography. I actually sometimes wish that LP had gone in a direction much closer to the EP for the official HT album, and it's largely because of the darker "feel" of the songs, as well as their themes/lyrical content.

Deliveranze likes this.
  18. crazygolfer

Heavy will debut at #52 on this week's Billboard Hot 100:
    http://headlineplanet.com/home/2017/02/27/linkin-park-kiiaras-heavy-debuts-52-billboard-hot-100/

The single was mostly fueled by strong airplay on Pop, Alternative, and Hot Adult Contemporary radio. Fairly poor to average digital sales on iTunes and streaming on Spotify dragged it down a bit. In the past, Heavy would've debuted higher, but due to a new weighting formula that was introduced on Billboard recently, digital and streaming sales hold more weight than they used to. Hopefully, as Heavy gets more exposure from radio and other outlets, digital and streaming sales will improve over time.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Nice!!!!!!

20. crazygolfer