Linkin Park debut new music at WBR event

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Mar 7, 2017.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What's weird is...I thought Mike was supposed to sing that song? I'm so confused :lol:.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

You know I think (at least that how I felt) is that the 180 is quite jarring and, while LP never do the same thing twice, getting another rock type record seemed more likely than this. I gotta say I still don't like Heavy or the Sorry for now snippet but these two sound promising.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I love that twinkly sound on Brad's guitar playing. But Heavy acoustic had that too so I'm not expecting much from the album versions.

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

Talking To Myself sounds really great, but One More Light, that sounds sooo beautiful :) Especially Chester's part at the end of the video. We really need the full song, now! :shifty:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Both these snippets are a million times better than Heavy.

deftonesfan867 and Vic like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

We didn't hear the full song. it was just the Chorus. :)

Derek

I think honestly that's why I love this band though. Even if I didn't always like every 'musical 180' they do, the fact that I have a band in my music library that can offer me so many different kinds of music is a wonderful thing. There's literally an LP record for every taste, or mood at this point.
    I'd have to agree with this, although I've only heard snips of Sorry For Now and Talking To Myself. I think Heavy is a good song, but mixed with all their other tracks in their discography it's 'average'. The snippets I've heard show me Heavy will likely be one of the weakest songs on the record.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I gave myself two listens for OML and one for TTM. I really loved what I heard, with OML being so good I had to hear it a second time. I'm very interested to see what the album versions sound like, but I'll keep from listening to them again for the sake of wanting the album to not be spoiled for me :)

Bobby

Bobby Yo

I am shocked the song 'Talking To Myself' does not include the lyrics 'holding on' in it. Or maybe it also does, just wait and see...

Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

I hoped for that!

What I've heard showed me the same

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I enjoyed TTM. Will wait for the full version to say anything else though. But OML can't be a mistake. It will be bloody brilliant, I got so many chills from this low quality clip. It will be phenomenal and many people will cry along with it. Can't wait, seriously.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I always expect so much of opening and closing songs in an album.

Sharp Edges is the one i'm really looking for.

Zakksalvo likes this.
    DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

Hope TTM has a rap verse on it

I hope OML will be a single, we need a music vid of this song

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I like what I'm hearing

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Talking To Myself sounds a little cheesy but that chord progression is good. One More Light will probably sound alot better on the album but the lyrics are great. I'm curious to hear how it all comes together now because I can imagine Talking To Myself having a MTM sort of sound (think What I've Done or In Pieces) while One More Light reminds me alot of Shadow Of The Day.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

TTM sounds like a mix of STP and Huey Lewis & The News, to me. It's an odd sounding song for LP, but I'm really curious to hear the studio version.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Why should these words be included in "Talking to Myself"? If they are its really stupid imo. Like having overlapping lyrics made sense on ATS since its a concept album, but in this case I really don't want that to happen.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I kinda wish the line in OML was "Who cares if one more light goes out In the sky of a thousand suns."

Sa6o_dfg, Abel and Alexrednex like this.
    Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

What I meant is that it sounds like Taylor Swift. I dont even like heavy music anymore. It flickers flickers is what would be in a Taylor Swift song. You can all adore LP but these lyrics are most certainly not written by anyone in LP. I dont know bout you guys but behind Mikes smile in every video I sense him not being comfortable. His words are not his feels. I feel this is all WMG, and it makes me sad. I dont care what u people know whatever mike said but i feel he's not telling the truth. The music is alright, dont get me wrong, but its not them. Not because its not heavy but because its not them. Who is LP? Well they are not WMG lol. The music industry nowwdays is crap. And Radiohead? Well they're masons so it does not matter. They have a nice number 33 on their LP. :D

Derek

And the award for most baseless assumptions in a post without absolute proof goes to....