Linkin Park - 'Heavy' Music Video Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm glad there are more people who enjoy the video, and there are SOME that actually give their reasoning for disliking it rather than "bland" and "unoriginal".

For those of you who still think it's the worst video ever, I'm literally just going to copy and paste my last post again. Because I know you're not going to go back 3 pages for some much needed perspective. And also I like the attention.

I don't understand how people are saying this is the worst LP music video ever. It's got a great message, actually has decent cinematography and acting.

You're saying THIS is the worst LP music video when we have had:

- Unexplained ninjas
    - Horribly CGI'd flying whales
    - The worst "falling into bed" shot of all time, along with more CGI animals with a Gundam
    - The world is ending, also look at this photograph

You're saying Heavy is worse than THIS OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR A LINKIN PARK SONG:

Unoriginal you say? UNORIGINAL?! I'd hate for Linkin Park to be unoriginal.

FROM THE INSIDE - Takes place in a riot.
    BLEED IT OUT - Riot/fight breaks out in a bar.
    SHADOW OF THE DAY - Takes place in a riot.
    THE CATALYST - Riots, now with color grenades!
    PTS.OF.ATHRTY - Riots, now with robots instead of humans!

But luckily the band has NEEEEEEEEEVER done anything unoriginal ever!

CRAWLING - A girl has problems.
    NUMB - A girl has problems with paint.
    BREAKING THE HABIT - A girl has problems, animated.
    BURNING IN THE SKIES - A girl has problems as the world is ending.
    CASTLE OF GLASS - A girl has problems with her husband dying in combat.
    UNTIL IT'S GONE - A girl has problems being followed by floating lyrics as she explores a city.

Never. Never unoriginal! Not Linkin Park!

ONE STEP CLOSER - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! Flying ninjas!
    PAPERCUT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! They're probably insane and stuff is in the walls!
    POINTS OF AUTHORITY - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's all live footage!
    SOMEWHERE I BELONG - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's all inside Chester's dreams!
    LYING FROM YOU - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's live from the Live In Texas DVD!
    FAINT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! You only see their silhouettes for 4/5 of the song!
    WHAT I'VE DONE - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! They're in a desert! And the camera rotates around them! Also, politics!
    BREAKING THE HABIT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's animated!
    GIVEN UP - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's more live footage!
    BLEED IT OUT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's filmed in reverse!
    WAITING FOR THE END - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! The camera rotates around them! Also, they have to stand still a lot. Also, special effects!
    BURN IT DOWN - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! The camera moves around them! Also they have to stand still a lot.

2. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

How was it to have the boss himself Bennington driving you? :kappa:

Deliveranze and Mercedes AMG like this.
  3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Post of the decade right here

4. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

So about my "recent- constant complaining and whining " yeah I hope for a mentality change on how the band represents their upcoming new album. Sure complaining to an empty void wouldn't bring me much, but I at the very least hope that fans should expect more from the band compared to what they already did before. Oh yeah mind you I like the new song and I am excited about the new album, but not this way.

Pointing out what I said in the other thread, charging up to 200 euros OML Deluxe Box is pretty hefty compared to what they did with the ATS deluxe box half the price and - t-shirt and pins. And making the art book only available in this tier, while even MTM had a smaller version of the art book. No making of (but hey we got the few sprinkled out- no real context album updates!). But hey, everyone can decide for themselves if they want it or not.

I call someone a "problem" just like the same way you guys (not just here) talk dismiss other fan complains in "grow up, oh get over it, you are not a true fan or you just don't understand what the band means".
    If you wanna play the "everything they do is good, nothing to complain" - fan and swing the Hyperbole-card fine.

Yeah, the band won't read it and my complaints will not effect anything. But at least I got it out there on how I feel in what they do wrong in getting people excited for the new record.

Keeping with the topic on the video, yeah i knew that they did some stuff with Mercedes but spilling it over to the MV is IMO out of place. "But maybe it was their intention!" Sure maybe.
    But why couldn't it be more subtle? The Castle of glass video worked great in context with the medal of honor footage.
    Also note this, why isn't there a Linkin Park X Mercedes at the end? Or at least in the video description? They did sponsor this video.
    But hey positivity "everything they do is good, nothing to complain" .

5. Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

tumblr_o3hp1vnINK1u38fl1o1_500.gif

Cargasmic. :kappa:

6. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

how dare you show a initial d gif that's not of that car...

7. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

It looked like any shot of any car in any car commercial.

You must love car commercials.

Gibs likes this.
  8. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

When I told you to "get over it " , I actually meant that you don't have to take everything the band does personally because you are not betrayed nor the band are obliged to do everything you want them to do because it's their band and you made the choice to support them in the first place , they don't owe you anything and you don't have to buy their shit too , fair enough ?!
    So you wanna criticize the band for doing something "wrong ", go ahead but keep in mind that you will find a lot of people who don't share your opinion and that doesn't mean that they think your opinion is terrible and you shouldn't have one because at the end of the day it's just a matter of taste and everyone knows that .
    Respect others opinion and get used to it, that's what I'm trying to say .:)

Majorfort likes this.
  9. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

If that goes for both sides, how small the complainers may be. Then ok :bow:

ciao_fiv and zazofazo like this.
  10. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

This video was fucking great. Very genuine too (minus the Mercedes ad lol, but it thankfully didn't take away much from the video). Kiiara coming in at the end was a little weird to me, but Chester arguing with people and fighting himself was awesome. Really strong message, especially for anyone who's struggled with alcohol.

11. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

How was Kiiara coming in at the end weird? She was sitting in the meeting with him and decided to see if he was okay after he walked out. Or she wanted to go to the bathroom herself, heard the noise and decided to see what was going. Either way, it seems pretty normal to me.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  12. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Not this song again.....

hasbino, Tocaraca and One More Rob like this.
  13. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You already fucking posted this. Stop that.

Meteorain likes this.
  14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

To be fair, at least one person who hadn't seen it yet because it was half a thread ago saw it. Gotta get visibility if it means someone goes, "You know, that's a good point."

Tocaraca likes this.
  15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes but you've been around forums enough to know posting the same thing repeatedly constitutes as spamming. You've made your point (twice now).

Meteorain likes this.
  16. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

These exactly.

17. Sasuke

So imo that Video is one of their best. I'll say it's my 2th favorite LP video ever!

1- Final Masquerade
    2- Heavy
    3- Burning in the Skies

18. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I'm curious, has there been product placement in previous Linkin Park music videos? I've always been fine with the band promoting companies as long as it doesn't affect their art. Up until now, I always argued that Linkin Park had not sold out to anyone. I mean, 6 seconds of a 2:48 video being dedicated to selling something completely unrelated is crossing the line for me. I see no difference in doing this and putting a giant Mercedes logo on the album cover and having the title be "One More Light- Sponsored by Mercedes."

Anwyay, other than that giant issue, I think the music video is fine. It reminded me of Numb and Burning in the Skies, so it's nothing too outside the ordinary.

19. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Nope they haven't, to put it short.

20. Sasuke

CASTLE OF GLASS - Medal of Honor
    New Divide & Iridescent - Transformers

What I've Done - Stupid politics themes.