Linkin Park - 'Heavy' Music Video Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Let's admit:

Most of the guys here love In the End video because of ... In the End. Not the (absent) story, not the (poor) CGI, not the (sucking) decorations - it's just about the background song.
    If it was not 'In the End', it would be crappy stuff.

2. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Right on with the technical advice on the MV. I would have even love perhaps one long scene of Chester moving deeper into melancholy or some background story before/after the actual song.

For the MVs throughout LP's career, you do make a valid point. Even the MVs during the MTM era were different from each other, but subconsciously maintained a core aspect or theme of it. And ofc for ATS, it wasn't really that hard since it was a concept album to begin with, so all the videos had to feel similar and fitting(except for Iridescent, ugh I wish they could have made a better MV without the commercial ad for TF3 movie). To be honest, I sometimes wish LP could have made one long music video/movie for ATS, that'll be fucking epic.

P.S: I find comparing the MVs on the visual aspect is a bit silly though, I mean the technology back then wasn't exactly to say cutting-edge as today.:lol: And it might have to do with the trends/times of the music industry. People don't really care much about MVs now than compared to the early 2000s, so putting in something unique/eye-catching could factor in for the visuals, and CG was a new trending development during that time. For me I don't really have any problems with LP's music videos so far, 'cause it reflected both the album and the times during that, if that makes sense.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Heavy sounds like a song from the last JB album. And no, I didn't invoke Justin Bieber's holy name as an insult.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Please stop double-posting. :) Use the "Edit" function instead.
    Which one?

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

tbh ALL the HT videos are just cringeworthy with all those hairstyles & outfits. Meteora is also nu-metal but at least the videos aren't so awkward like the ones from HT (except the things on SIB :lol:)

6. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think the HT videos fit in their time and are great for it.

7. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Considering that at the time the CGI and the stuff they did was pretty amazing and sort of like "I didn't know that this was possible" In factIn The End is in my top 3 favorite videos they have ever done.

Meteorain likes this.
  8. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

People losing their minds over watching Chester drive a car for 2 seconds might be my favourite thing about this album cycle

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Could've been worse. At least it wasn't a Beats Pill :rolleyes:

10. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't think people are "losing their minds"...

Edit: okay maybe a few have slightly strong reactions :D
    For most it just seems to be a slight annoyance or worth a chuckle.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  11. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Disgusting product placement – other than that, good video with sweet music.

12. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

"Give the kids what they want" M.S

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The music video is currently #2 in trending on YouTube, even if the reception overall is divisive it still has had a lot of exposure.

With the next two months of marketing/promotion maybe the album will debut at #1 in the U.S.
    I don't know what else is coming out during that week, but I'm interested to see how this one performs compared to THP.

14. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So I have a question, What if this record flops? What would be their reaction? Do you think the band will regret what happened?

15. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I hated the song, but i'm always hoping the best for the band.

Feeling glad they are doing well on charts. Getting back on where they belong, #1.

If this album flops, i think they may enter an hiatus for a while.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  16. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

nah, I don't think it will flop. It still can be inprofitable due to the promotion costs. If so the band, especially Shinoda will act like nothing happened imo.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  17. Knt.Slbs

Heavy is really struggling to catch the attention of the masses. This is worst than 'The Catalyst'. at least The Catalyst reached number 1.

18. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

maybe it's becouse The Catalyst was more surprising. Not saying that Heavy isn't by being pop but Catalyst was more like "wtf is that" and that made ppl curious, tbh Catalyst is at the peak of creativity comparing to the simple compostion of Heavy.

Abel and Knt.Slbs like this.
  19. Knt.Slbs

Yep and I doubt that LP will ever top A Thousand Suns in terms of creativity. I just hope the band will give ATS a sequel but it will never happen again.. I think they're pretty burnout this time in terms of ideas.

20. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Sorry, I'll note :)

It's okay to have this video in the 'favourites' list, don't get me wrong. I meant that some people are stuck in the past.
    For 2000 it was great, indeed. But it was 17 years ago.

Those hairstyles... yes. :D

But I think that both 'Papercut' and 'Crawling' videos have strong connection to the song lyrics, just like 'Heavy' video. Even though 'Papercut' was some kind of WADDAFUCK.

As for Meteora-era videos - 'Numb' and 'Breaking the Habit' continued this tradition succesfully (BTH was really a masterpiece).

I can't say the same about A Thousand Suns-era videos (except Burning in the Skies maybe) and MtM-era ones (exception for SOTD).