Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I definitely and tbh I love that demo SO MUCH. In fact its probably my favorite unreleased demo from LPU EVER. Maybe thats why I also enjoyed this song more than the rest *shrugs*

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It really sucks to be in the group of people who hate this but don't want them to go back to the HT/Meteora sound like a large contingent of people want.

I want them to explore new territory but when there's already so much of the same sound around these days it's hard to make a case that they're "experimenting" on this album.

*sigh* I guess I'll wait till 2020 for their next release. That is if they're still around. I get the feeling this album will draw criticism for them on an unprecedented level.

Evan, Iopia, Michele and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

So after the 3rd Listen it grows on me a little bit. but i still think "Heavy" is better.

Edit: Cheter sounds really good, but the Instrumental is too save imo.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

ATS pissed fans off but it wasn't lazy. It was creative and had long songs with unique structures. I don't care too much about LP doing pop butthese songs aren't special. They're nice but boring. Not very creative at all.

I want a chill soft album but if people think this is the only way to make soft music you must not listen to much music.

Petar, hybrid1988 and Iopia like this.
  5. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Found it. Damn, I'm not a fan of pop but i really enjoyed this one. 10x better than Heavy.

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

A little birdy showed me the way...

7. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I definitely like it better than Heavy. Also the comparison with Ride made me like it even more. I'm on my second listening and oh boy, I really dig it.

8. Artur

Artur Member

i cant found the link on google, whyyyyyyy???

9. ysi

ysi New Member

I like this song as it is, Chester's vocals are really good imo. But the instrumentation is sooo boring. Why can't they add some nice melodies with real instruments? They always just do these boring synths. There really could be some variation. Also, it would be much better if it would be like 4 minutes, the bridge after the secong chorus is so good but really short and the song ends kind of abruptly. They often cut their songs shorter than they should be.

10. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I agree. The only risk involved here has been "How will the fans react to this. thats the only risk they have been taking with this. And I don't think thats a good idea. I dunno if thats just wishful thinking or of that would actually be working, but I feel like, had this album followed Living things it would've recieved a warmer response. Honestly as contradictory as this sounds I don't want them to go back to their old sound but I do hope this album is followed by a THP2.

11. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

I was expecting a litte more work on the instrumentals... this and Heavy are very very simple (probally mike have done all the work alone and the others guys just added a little bit of instruments in the track).
    Heavy had a little bit of guitar, this track don't (or is very inaudible).

At least the vocals are being worked out nicely!

I hope the next songs have better instrumentals.

12. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Same. I'm not one of those people who wants another HT or Meteora, I just want something creative. I'm listening to ATS right now and it's just ten times more interesting than what they're doing now.

But I'll try to keep an open mind for the rest of the album.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Sasuke likes this.
  13. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes! agree.
    I really hope those 2 songs are the only upbeat poppy songs on the album. and I don't see any experimentation after 2 songs on OML at this point.
    Yes the Vocals are great (Light Years better than THP). but sonically are those songs save as fuck.

14. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

As someone who loves the production of modern pop, I am super pleased with this. And I just started liking Heavy a lot more again as well, so my initially low expectations for this album are muuuch higher... except in the lyric department, but I can take the loss there. It's fun watching all of the same few names post about how upset they are forty times in the same thread though. Can't wait for more tracks to be released for these delicious reactions. This is turning out to be an entertaining album cycle after all :popcorn:

15. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The instrumental sounds kind of similar to LIED GREED MISERY when it comes to the vibe. I can imagine both songs back to back on one album.

Bane likes this.
  16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

There's nothing wrong with hating a direction they're going in, and you certainly don't have to blindly love everything they do. I knew the moment I heard Heavy that this was going to be a hate it or love it album, with absolutely no in-between.

Hopefully you'll find something to love on this record.

Lotus and Abel like this.
  17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Tocaraca, Blake, Vinifeijo and 3 others like this.
  18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think it sounds pretty rad. And I love the posts from people who hate the song. For those of you as tired of the complaining as I am, try reading it in your head like a nerd with a stuffy nose who constantly has to push his and/or her glasses to their nose. It's fucking hilarious.

Ecstasy, ciao_fiv, Mitch and 2 others like this.
  19. Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Managed to listen to the full song and whilst it's actually a nice song, I don't think this is the one they should have chose as the second single. Also, the song has too much of a 21 Pilots vibe which isn't good imo

20. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I'll be gone pop cousin