Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Great song!

I love the fact that I can now wait for my girlfriend to come home, turn on my Bose and blast Battle Symphony through it being sure that she'll enjoy it. It's so good that I'm now able to share Linkin Park with her in a whole different way. Yay for LP putting out a song like this.

Apart from that I really love the song. Strong points are the synths that stop with the end of a sentence in the chorus, the melodies as a whole and the singing especially in the bridge.

Waaaah I just can't get enough LP

2. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I wouldnt mind some techno LP, or ambiemt, or drun n bass.

3. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I've thought "Heavy" was catchy but this one is even more catchier. Could easily be in LT... Just wish it sounds as good live because all the LT's songs sucks live.

Now I'm really curious for the piano demo/version of this song.

Edit: The molodies reminds me a lot of Keane songs

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I really love how Chester accents on the 'Please just don't give up on me' part.

5. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Boy you should uncover some LPU tracks. Some real gems on that one. Even a few full on dnb tracks. You better believe it

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Hmm, we're going to have the option to hear over half the album before it releases, aren't we? I remember like half of THP was out before the release date.

7. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Many people are facing in absolute denial the hard truth that Linkin Park was never a ground-breaking act, their music never was and probably never will.

Why people cling on to such appreciations from the time they first discovered them? Because probably, like me, most of us were early teens when we first heard the music for the first time and thought "ZOMG THIS IS THE BEST EVER". Now, with aging comes critical thinking, and with critical thinking comes judgement. And there you have it, your teenage dream rock band has broke your heart. Tantrum.

Seriously, people are really starting to look out for delusional adjectives to relate the type of music LP is giving this time around. "Hypocrite" I just read but then I can't help but wonder, why does it look or sound 'great' when other artists do it but it has to be so bad, terrible and end-of-the-world when Linkin Park does it? I hate to keep repeating the same phrase that's been thrown around hundreds of times already but, what do YOU know what Linkin Park sounds like?.

I guess I'll just stick to listen to the music, and just post my opinion without reading anyone else's comments, but the amount of stupidity and hyberbolic bullshit here is mindblowing.

8. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Lyrically, my biggest gripe is the bridge.
    Anything is better than the age old - If I get knocked down, I pick myself up again cliche.

dontFindOutMe likes this.
  9. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The lyrics are typical motivational pop stuff, but it's definitely better than the misery LP has been producing these past few years hahaha. I honestly don't remember any previous lP song with uplifting lyrics since maybe "Iridescent".

Oh man I can only imagine how much fun Mike and Joe were playing around with these beats. I'm pretty sure Mike will do the synths, but I really wanna see Mike play around with the samples.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What bothers me (and has bothered me) since Heavy came out, is the idea that somehow because a song is 'polished', 'glossy' or 'poppy' sounding that it's total crap. It's a sentiment I've seen expressed by many naysayers of the new direction, and it just frustrates me. There is nothing wrong with pop. Maybe a poppier LP isn't for everyone, and that's fine...but there's nothing wrong with the genre.

11. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

So I just heard this song properly and then been listening to only this one song on my way back home from work.

1. I must say that I really love the vibe of the song. It's such a feel-good chill song and that's something I've not felt listening to LP. I'm sharing this already with all of my close friends and so far not one could tell it was Linkin Park and they all agreed on how catchy and feel-good it was.

2. The vocals make this song. Chester does it so well in this. His voice and the music just compliment each other so well. I'm so happy for Chester for finally being able to open up vocally with Linkin Park. He has always had to restrain himself to a certain style with LP but this song just threw open another door for him.

3. The music. Yes, it's pop but who cares when it compliments the vocals and melody so well.
    Edit - Also, I must add that there are so many small elements in the music that just fit so well. The click in the beginning of the first verse, is an example.

Additional Note - The difference in sound and vibe between this song and 'Heavy' is clear as night and day. There is such a clear difference in style between these 2 songs that I'm really appreciating 'Heavy' a bit more now.

Ah, I'm so happy with this song, especially Chester's vocals. I've already heard this song more than I've heard 'Heavy'.
    I was literally smiling through my drive back home just for the vibe and vocals. I'm so happy with this song that I'm disappointed that THIS wasn't the first single.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    dontFindOutMe likes this.
  12. phabio

phabio Member

I agree 100% with every word. This has been real sad... I've always approved and welcomed all of their changes throughout the years, but this is just too much for me. Their signature sound is just gone.

It's not even the fact that the sound is overproduced or too electronic. ATS was a lot like that but it worked within the concept of the album (and the songs were all great). This song is just incredibly generic, uninspired and even lazy...

number9large likes this.
  13. Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

It was morning when it was leaked here where I live. Listened to it on repeat all the way to the other side of the city going for a job interview then all the way back. Then at home, then on my way to a date. It is just smooth and catchy.

On a side note, the instrumentals seems to connect back to front when listened to on repeat without a silence in between. You may get lost and not notice that the song has ended.

Also come on guys, if any band released this you will probably say it is fine whether you like the genre or not. You may not love it but is it really that bad? Forget that it is LP doing it. Unless you are someone who call anything you dont love and not your type: "shit".

It is not generic and not risky. LP never did this type of music to that extent. It is definitely out of their comfort zones and out of a huge portion their fans comfort zones too. How can it be not risky with that much negative reaction.

zazofazo likes this.
  14. demoncarnotaur

demoncarnotaur Member

Love the vocal style and delivery, decent lyrics as well.

The production and instrumental leave a little to be desired. I wish the band was still working with Rick Rubin - I feel like he could give the song the extra hook it needs (IMO of course). Solid catchy track none the less, it should be a fun one live.

15. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

TBH, continuing from the "this is so Mike" argument from earlier... I honestly hope there's something along the lines of Razors.Out, something that's more edgy with the electronics.

16. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

It baffles me how people think it is okay to call this "lazy" or "uninspired". ALL of this is new territory for the band. You don't have to like it but to call it "lazy" is downright disrespectful. I can see the effort that went into this song. There are so many small elements in this that make this song really great. Chester's vocals is not "lazy". The feel-good vibe is not "lazy". It would be "lazy" of the band to make another HT or Meteora. THAT would be "lazy". Or to just repeat the sound of any of their other albums. THAT would be "lazy".

Again, I'll say this so that it's VERY CLEAR to all of you(anyone reading this comment) who don't like the new songs. It's OK to not like them. No one is forcing you to like it. But don't be disrespectful twats about it. This might seem "lazy" for you. But for the band who has not made such music before, it definitely required effort and trying a lot of new things.
    Say you don't like it, move on. Give some constructive criticisms if you want. Calling something "lazy" is not constructive.

17. phabio

phabio Member

Exactly what I've always thought! I was so damn happy with that album. I've always wanted LP to make that kind of approach in their albums, but I'm starting to lose my hope that they will release anything like that ever again...

18. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

This song almost sounds like it came out of the LT era, which isn't an issue for me with that being my second favorite album lol

19. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

guys you have to accept the evidence: LP are not good to autoproduce an album, and probably they are trying the pop-way 'cause they have lost a little bit of originality.

20. MarckozZ

MarckozZ Member

OMG dude I was saying the same thing to a friend... It's like Army Of One! LOL... Anyweay, Great song!!! Loving the way things are turning now for the band. This is definitely catchier than Heavy.

So this should be called Linkin Pop. It's not like the regular pop sound, but better imo. LOL.