Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

The truth is I have found interesting the proposal of the two songs BUT I definitely dont want an album full of '' Heavys '' or '' Battle Symphonys ''.

I liked the little I heard from OML and Talking to Myself that were released and I hope the other songs follow this style, more inovative and less generic. (And please, do not fuck with Talking to Myself with unnecessary overproduction).

Sasuke and number9large like this.
  2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I like how there's this narrative starting of "Oh I'm an old school LP fan; of course I hate it."

Hi. I've been on this forum since 2003, a fan since before that. I've met the band, gone to way too many of their shows than I'd like to admit, and have even been featured in an LPTV. I like Battle Symphony. I like Heavy. I like both a helluva lot more than half the shit on The Hunting Party. I'm not saying that my opinion is right (although I will imply as much because I'm an asshole), but what I AM saying is how long you've been a fan doesn't mean shit about your taste in music.

Just say you don't like pop music and move on. Any more and you look like you're whining.

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Which songs on THP do you enjoy? Curious. I only like about 3 or 4 of them.

4. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I just (finally) heard the song for the first time.

First impressions: I liked it much more than Heavy. The synths and effects were much more interesting. Still not sure I love the direction of the album, for something I can't quite put my fingers on.

I do wish there was more of a climax instrumentally in the bridge. I love when they move from electronic drums to live drums, for example. Also, this would have been a great song to have some warm, reverb-drenched "clean-ish" guitar leads and maybe some live bass (not that we'd hear it high in the mix anyway). Not a like MOAR GUITARZ criticism, but I think the song could have been better with some more layers.

Another thing: I am really worried OML and TTM won't sound at all like the live acoustic versions and will simply replace that instrumentation with synths. I loved how stripped down those two songs sounded in the snippets we got.

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Honestly, I only like Mark The Graves, Final Masquerade and, on a rare day, Rebellion. The "half the shit on THP" was a generalization.

Blake likes this.
  6. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

All of them.

7. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

My first LP show was in November of 2000 and I was obsessed with them for years following it. I didn't like MtM very much at the time because they were going in a direction that didn't speak to me. When ATS came out, I was blown away. I think it's a masterpiece. It actually is the album that made me realize that my musical tastes had really changed. Where I once scoffed at anything "poppy" and was really taken in by the aggression of HT & Meteora... suddenly I was swept away by the melodies, harmonies, and Euro-pop inspired soundscapes. I didn't care for much of LT or THP because they went backwards. That's great for people who missed the sound, but I wasn't there anymore.

I know Heavy is totally a pop song... but so what? It's catchy and I think the vocals are interesting. I don't have time anymore to be upset when music disappoints me. If it's good pop, awesome. If it isn't, oh well.

Avo, Alexrednex and Minus like this.
  8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

"Mark the Graves" is too good for this album though.

9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Then they set the bar so low with THP that this is like bring a country out of 13 trillion dollars of debt :D

So far this album is 2/2 in my opinion and I can't wait for the full thing :clap:

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Similar, the songs you mentioned are the best 3, and I love Drawbar as well, and I kinda like GATS but the rest? Don't like.

11. Hasnain

Hasnain Member

This song is freaking amazing! Vocals are amazing! Lyrics are good. The problem is the same structure but I guess we wouldnt have cared much if there had been other songs in between. Excited for the album.

12. Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I've said every album cycle that I don't care what genre of music the band puts out. What I do care about is LP putting out music that only they can make. I feel as though other bands can make both heavy and battle symphony and consequently the songs are just okay to good in my opinion.

However, for me to have a positive opinion I want to hear something that takes advantage of LP's talents (like having 2 vocalists). A song like WFTE which is poppy, blackout which is almost genreless, ALITS which is heavy rock but throws in some sort of spoken word by mike and even TLTGYA. What other artists c:n successfully pull those songs off? Nobody, thats why LP is my favourite band and why I'm on this forum.

TL;DR: I like the pop sound I just wish the uniqueness of LP was utilized more.

Zakksalvo likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This.

There isn't one universal taste in music that all LP fans of [insert period of fandom here] like. That's why there's never been one album that all fans universally have enjoyed (with the exception of perhaps Hybrid Theory).

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This is basically me but make Rebellion "All the time" and put ALITS on some days

15. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the song. It sounds okay, but the melody kinda gives me a weird feeling. Lyrically it feels like a very mild "Dark Horse". I don't think this is an album I'll be buying quite yet.

16. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Wow, I actually liked Heavy, but this one is really, really boring. It's not even a catchy radio-friendly song, it's just bad.

17. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

this song is beautiful!!!!

let's face it ... This is gonna be a pop -rnb - electronic sound album ..

18. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

The more I listen to Battle Symphony the more I think this will be like LT for me. 12 songs (10 in this case) with one song there that I am preferrably skipping, (BID on LT, Heavy on this album) but the rest being amazing (honestly every other song we got to hear so far was SO good)

19. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

will this be a single? And omg the positive message in a linkin park song

20. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Personally, I have dialed my expectations way back on this album.

I don't expect it to be "a special and important album" like Mike said in the LPA interview.

I expect a catchy and hopefully diverse pop album by a band that I love.
    So far, I can say that the production is better than on the pop-half of LT - and while I feel like Battle Symphony could've used some live drums and electric guitars - at least the two songs aren't drowned by loud powerchords.

I honestly wish the guys from the get go had said "This album will be the complete opposite of THP. It will be our softest and most accessible, with a focus on personal emotions".
    Then, when we get the occasional twists that there are more to the album than good pop songs(like the title track on OML), we will be happily surprised.
    Instead of hyping up the lyrics and the song writing they should've been more up front with the content (and I know, I might be speaking a bit prematurely)