Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Did Joe Hahn die or something? Why is he even still with this band? Talk about leaving one of your men hanging out to dry. And don't even get me started on Mike not being on this or Heavy. LP has become only Chester...sad.

2. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Fuck i've even heard REAL strings. :awesome:
    Nah! the Intro Samples ARE from Joe Hahn. :hahn:

3. Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

May be he does other stuff than scratching? You know people who spend their whole lives in one job tend to do more than the one single thing they started doing? So musicians tend to play other instruments and do other stuff than the ones they do play while on stage.
    YEAH !!

Sasuke likes this.
  4. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that you understood my point. I never once said that they don't explore enough genres, that would be an insane criticism to make (and LP's willingness to explore so many genres is literally my favourite thing about the band). In fact I'm almost saying the opposite; that when you strip away whatever genre they decide to put their songs in, a very, very large percentage of their songs sound very, very similar to each other. No other band I follow religiously uses the exact same song template to a tee so often throughout their career. And this isn't just about song structure (although that's a major part). The large percentage of Linkin Park songs use intros, verses, choruses, and (albeit to a slightly lesser extent) bridges in the exact same way also. All part of the template. Now, that template sounds good and it has its place, but I just personally find it a little bit boring when it's used in almost every song they put out, and I wish they'd branch out more in that regard. The point is, no matter gloss of paint they decide to throw on the music to define its genre (be it heavy guitars, synths, or whatever), many of the core songs underneath are still very similar to one another, and while that's their prerogative to write music like that, it can be a little frustrating sometimes given their rhetoric of "evolution" and "experimentation".

You wouldn't even need to argue that; ATS did follow song structures (clearly). But the difference is that ATS (and a fair few songs dotted around other albums, such as TLTGYA, UIB, MTG, etc.) mixed up the song structures, and on top of that made an effort to use each element of the song (verse, chorus, bridge, solo, etc.) in a unique and interesting way. I'm not saying that most songs on ATS didn't have the same structure (since they largely did), I'm just saying that not every chorus on the album was used in the exact same way, that not every verse was used in the exact same way, that certainly not every bridge was used in the exact same way. And on top of that, they mixed the song structures up just a little bit to keep it that bit more interesting. I'm not asking for some avant-garde structure-less album, and I'd even argue that what I'm asking for would be standard practice for many, many bands out there. I just don't want 6-7/10 songs on this album to follow the same template as BS, Heavy, and a solid 75% of the band's output. Again, this has nothing to do with genre, it's just a personal preference of what I like to see in albums.

Well now you do lol.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Kareem Saad likes this.
  5. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

those strings sound... very.. erm... synthetic

6. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

You put my thoughts into words. Play most of their songs on just a piano and sing it and they all sound the exact same. Strip away the style they decided to make the song sound like and most of their discography is just the same song over and over. It's like they use a trick to make their songs sound more varied than they really are.

Iopia likes this.
  7. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Why are so many people calling what twenty one pilots and Imagine Dragons do uninspired??!! I don't get it! They're so good :(

8. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Battle Symphony is not a jingle. Heavy is not a jingle. Enough with this.

A jingle isn't 2 minutes, let alone 2:50 or 3:36. A jingle isn't 1 minute. A jingle isn't even 30 seconds.

A jingle doesn't go beyond a handful of lyrics. You can call these simplified or not complex or deep if you want, but they don't fit the mold of a jingle.

A jingle, for example, is what Kit Kat plays. "Give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar. That chocolatey taste is gonna make your day, and wherever they go they hear the people say, give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!"

(And that was the damn "extended" version too)

State Farm : "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is theeere!"
    McDonald's : "Ba-da ba ba baaaa, I'm lovin' it"

More complex type of jingle?

Is that Heavy? Is that Battle Symphony? No? Then knock it off with your cookie-cutter adjectives. I'm getting sick of you calling them that. You've done it at least three times now.

9. ciao_fiv

Unfortunately for you (I'm indifferent on this specific tbh) it has already been confirmed that there will be no screaming on any of the songs in One More Light.

10. ciao_fiv

Just when I thought the comments about the band couldn't get any worse... wow. Your ignorance is insane. I really hope this is a joke (can't really tell through text lol)

Avo likes this.
  11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a prime example of "only hearing what you want to hear" or, "selective hearing".

SkullDevil217, ciao_fiv and Sasuke like this.
  12. Meteorain

No, they couldn't. I disagree, completely

Even if you think so, that was two albums and 5 years ago. It's ridiculous to ask a band to never have anything that sounds anything close or remotely similar to any of their work in their prior discography.

13. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Wow.

This is good. I'm really going to enjoy this album, I think the one underlying piece to it is that live they're going to do more with less stress but really get the crowd involved vocally with this one. Battle Symphony is definitely a 'wave your arms back and forth' kind of song, maybe a little Hands Held High and there isn't anything wrong with that. Live, Rob could absolutely go crazy on the ending, Mike (maybe the whole band) could harmonize that chorus. One More Light is going to refreshing, not everyone is going to like it, but live on a stage that may change people's minds.

--RS

Abel and Avo like this.
  14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I don't love or hate these songs but I can't fucking stop singing them. It's weird how catchiness works, what causes it? Like you don't even want to have a song stuck in your head but it is anyway? What about certain music makes it stick in your brain like a disease? It's funny :lol:

15. Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

This may be (in my opinion) the best argument I've seen against their sound. Most of their songs really have so similar structure. I am pretty convinced that Heavy is Numb 2.0 with just different instrumentals and a female feature and an intro.
    I'd argue that this structure is their "LP's signature". Imagine the reaction to them changing it. People have called Heavy and BS "not LP" just because the difference in instrumentals. On the other hand who cares? They would bitch anyway.
    I do hope they change things a little. And more, I do hope they are giving it their best. I trust them and their potential.

But I really think this album is a little different in terms of focusing on chester's vocals more than the instrumentals. Where it feels like the instrumentals are backing Chester not that Chester/Mike are just filling with whatever lyrics that fit to the music.

Petar and Iopia like this.
  16. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I wanna hear some Mike raping. ;) Hide ya kids, hide ya wife.

Gravity_LP likes this.
  17. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Much better than Heavy. I like the intro sample. Chorus is catchy with decent lyrics. Any idea what the lyrics are about? First I was thinking the fear of performing in front of a crowd...not sure tho

18. Meteorain

I think in general there's way too much comparing going on, to other artists, to previous LP work, etc. Some generalizing has been mixed in there too. Not to oversimplify what you said, but to me saying "Heavy is Numb 2.0 with different instrumentals and a female feature and an intro"....that's three things. That alone, makes the two songs different. Looking past how many differences I see, and how I completely disagree that Heavy could be called Numb 2.0. Disagreement aside, I've just seen this a lot... "Well if you remove this and this or add that then it's really not all that different". Couldn't you technically pit any two songs against each other, stick that phrasing between the titles, and have it still work, in that case?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my ears, and I see enough difference between Numb and Heavy to be able to say that I like Numb much better than Heavy. So, who knows, maybe it actually is just me. (For the record, I still like Heavy, but I wouldn't hesitate to say Numb is better).

I definitely agree with you though that you do have to care less and less in reference to how people bitch no matter what. I also just trust the band, their ability, their potential, etc. I've been nervous before past releases, hearing certain things here and there, and they've never let me down. They won't let me down here either, I'm confident in that.

brady and Kareem Saad like this.
  19. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Because BID still had some of the unique LP traits left plus it was a return to there usual style of song writing structures after ATS. Yes I prefer Old lp but usually appreciate each album for one reason or another. This new stuff is just way to far from the band I fell in love with. They are literally not using the majority of the band for 2 singles now and both songs could easily be mistaken for any other pop song on the radio. The only thing recognizable is chesters voice and even that sounds odd at times here. Imagine seeing them live playing lying from you than this. What a buzzkill.

Michele likes this.
  20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I like Battle Symphony, and actually like it more than much of what I've heard from LP recently.

....fite me.