Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I fucking love you Astat. :rofl:

2. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Jeez, what does Rob do in this band anymore - let alone any of the band since Mike just produces every instrument / sound now.

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Kinda funny all this Twenty One Pilots talk comes up....I've been thinking about this for a while, actually.

Linkin Park has been known to swing big names for their tour support. Bands who could headline their own show, like Incubus, AFI, 30 Seconds to Mars, etc. Chester also said he loves Twenty One Pilots, and they also seem to kind of want to bust genre with their style of music.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Twenty One Pilots was a supporting band on Linkin Park's upcoming tour. In fact, I'll go as far as to say "I'm calling it"... just so if it actually happens I can be like "Hey I'm that guy" lol

Abel and Blake like this.
  4. Meteorain

Believe me, I don't need to be told that music or any art is subjective and has different effects on different people. I was just saying that album, for me, some of it wasn't listenable. Some of it I felt like he was just too focused on being different. Let's just say, for most of the album, the feelings and thoughts I had weren't too positive. I didn't hate it, and even like some of it. I also made it a point not to let my thoughts of Camp and Because the Internet skew my thoughts of Awaken, as in, made sure not to compare too much, as I knew Gambino was going for something different.

My main point was that it was drastic change from Camp and Because the Internet, and even from the Kauai EP. Arguably more drastic change than changes Linkin Park has thrown at you. Yet Linkin Park has seen criticism for it and Gambino (by critics, media reviews/scores I'm mainly talking about, but yes also from fans) has gotten a lot of praise for it.

My opinion of it aside, in this case. I'm only speaking to the level of change and the reception thereafter.

Iopia likes this.
  5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Don't double-post.

6. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I cannot even when someone literally addressed this and explained it just a page ago. Lol. The giant post by Astat last page thoroughly went over this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first impression of Battle Symphony was pretty meh, but replays have definitely made me connect with it much more. I really like it. Could it be better in a lot of ways? Sure, but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of things I also like about it. I just kinda hope still that not all the album is just like Battle Symphony and Heavy. I'd like some real curveballs.

No u

7. Meteorain

I get you're just enforcing rules, and I don't mean this to be rude, but I've seen it a lot and yet I've been told about it twice despite only doing it maybe 3 times total since joining Feb 16th. I won't call conspiracy or suggest you're out to get me, don't worry. I get that you can't catch every instance of it, but sometimes, to avoid this, I seriously wait and wait for somebody else to say something first, with my response ready to go. This can get annoying, as it can take awhile for a response to come, especially at this time of night. So, I'm somebody who's aware of the rule and does try to respect it. I didn't want to edit that with the inserting a quote because the quoted response had nothing to do with my post about the supporting acts on tour prediction.

8. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Why? Why does me putting down self-entitled whiners make it tiresome? I'm not forcing my opinion on them. I'm not asking them to lick LP's feet here. I didn't dig 'Heavy' at all to the level I'd usually like LP's lead singles. I've probably heard 'Heavy' about 15 times since it released. That is ridiculously low given how I've already probably touched around 50 listens for 'Battle Symphony'.

What I am asking people to do is to stop being disrespectful twats about it. Look at some of the comments. Apparently the band's career will end because of two songs. Or the band needs to split up because they aren't making songs that these people want to hear. Ridiculous levels of disrespect. And this is on a fan site. You can imagine the level of disrespect being shown to the band for doing what they want on other forms of social media.

Sigh. Wait what did the band do during blackout? What did the band do during the live instrumental of robot boy? What did the band do during Lies greed misery? What did the band do during when they come for me? It seems like you people care more about such shit than the band themselves. I'm sure the band members would be excited to try new things live.

Avo, Kilmer, SkullDevil217 and 2 others like this.
  9. minuteforce

:shrug: It's w/ever, and obvs. not our most important rule. I just call it where I see it during my regular browse of the thread(s)

BTW, there totally is a conspiracy against you specifically. You're just that important. :p

ciao_fiv and Meteorain like this.
  10. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

That's fair enough. I know that this site isn't as bad as social media, but I have seen a few well-mannered people here getting a bit of flak just because they didn't respectfully like the song. I think fans in this site generally don't want to be labelled as anything, whether a "true" fan, "old" or "new" fan, and other terminology. All in all, I'm not trying to get confrontational with you or anybody, I just feel people from both camps really need to chill out a bit more. Cheers.

11. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

200% disagree.

Lotus, Petar and One More Rob like this.
  12. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I don't know if Gambino has made as much of a splash in the rap scene, to the same extent that Linkin Park made in rock. I think Linkin Park was seen as the poster child of the nu-metal or rap/rock era, and as a result is still seen in that light by critics. That blame lies solely on the critics, because an artist should be able to make whatever they want, ideally. I think the fans criticized To Pimp a Butterfly more than Awaken My love, and I believe that's because Kendrick Lamar had made a bigger impact with GKMC and fans accepted that album as the type of music he should be making. It's that expectation that makes people hate new types of music, and imo is very unfair.

Meteorain likes this.
  13. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

looking the album cover of OML reminds me of MLTR 2004 self-titled album cover.

14. minuteforce

blatant ripoff as well

when will Linkin Park stop being so unoriginal?

15. Knt.Slbs

LINKIN PARK LEARNS TO ROCK! :halfkappa:

16. Meteorain

Fair enough. As I mentioned, I wasn't meaning to make a big deal. Minor annoyance and I guess I just didn't want to keep it to myself. I do try to respect the rule, as well as all other rules, and I'll continue with that. And believe me, I never consider myself important lol... k wow that sounded sad...

@Knt.Slbs No disrespect but I don't really see much similarity in those album covers at all...

Good point, that maybe Gambino wasn't engrained as a staple of that genre as much as Linkin Park was considered a poster child of theirs, and thus it reflected the differences in reception when sound changes came about. And yea trust me, I agree, it isn't very fair when expectations based on past work make people hate or not give a proper chance to new styles, types, etc. I ensure not to bring that mentality when listening to new things, even if by the same artist. I honestly feel there wasn't anything faulty about my approach to Awaken My Love, I was fully expecting different. And thus, I wasn't shocked by what I heard. I just also can't say that many songs off that album are making playlists for me that I'm going to listen to regularly. I really wanted to like it more than I did, and gave it every chance, and tried to pick out good little parts of songs that otherwise weren't resonating with me, trying to tell myself that little bit that I liked was enough to make the whole song good... those tactics just stopped working for me, after a while.

17. Knt.Slbs

I find the color a bit similar, though.

18. Meteorain

True, a bit. And general use of silhouettes lol

19. minuteforce

especially the green

20. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Oh no, half of an unrelated album cover has a similar color to LP's cover! LP should be worried about being sued for this blatant plagiarism.

Sasuke, SkullDevil217 and Hasnain like this.