Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear the 5th line of this verse as "puts the pain in reverse"? Puts, not "is"?

Considering I've listened to this song over 100 times already, I feel pretty confident about this one.. lol

2. Vic

Vic No game no life

Ok, so at first I was like "oh please don't tell I just heard that", but now I quite like it, much better than "Heavy" imo. My only complaint is the instrumentals, they are very generic and bland.

Sasuke likes this.
  3. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

Do you really think Battle Symphony resembles songs like Fire, Crawl Back In, Morning After, My Suffering, Condemned, etc? I'm just talking about common sense here, man

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Thank you for calling this out! I constantly find myself having to delete and edit posts and on Mobile, it's not very easy. This is the only forum I'm on that enforces a "no double posting rule" as well. I can see where it can get out of hand but I don't think posting back to back posts is bad, just if you went overboard and did 25 in a row.

DUDE, YES!!!!!! I've been wanting to see TOP for ages and was planning on seeing Linkin Park again so this would be amazing!!!!!

Meteorain likes this.
  5. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

If I see one more FUCKING comment like this I might jump out a window.
    You don't want to know.

Meteorain likes this.
  6. Blake

Please no

If there's one thing I don't ever need again it's a second DBS album

7. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Where the heck is Rob and Joe and Phoenix on this track, they probably left the band.. :kappa:

now, jump!

Iopia likes this.
  8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Not exactly. more than half songs on Vessel are just re-recorded versions from Regional at Best.

9. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Ok after a few listens:

- it's a generic pop song that's nothing really special...
    - ...but it's really good for a Linkin Park song
    - and it's a song that's great to bounce with/dance to
    - cliche lyrics, but it's so weird hearing a happy & hopeful LP song
    - agree that it's disappointing to hear something like this after a year of break, but I like how honest they sound and how different Chester sings
    - Chester doesn't yelp that much in a big song omg
    - I still hear Mike all over that production
    - I really think pop music is the band's forte. If what come out of the band's new lyrics-first approach is something as poppy as this and "Heavy", then I really think pop music is in the band's veins. Not surprising that Mike and Chester have openly said that they listen to a lot of non-rock records.

10. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Why are you so incredibly hostile towards my subjective opinion?

I'm not oblivious as yes, literally speaking, Heavy nor Battle Symphony are jingles in a general context. However I am using "pop jingle" in the exact same context Mike Shinoda was using it throughout the Hunting Party cycle when he described the exact sound of these two tracks as "pop jingles", going so far as to classify them as "Disney".

Your idea of a jingle is a slogan or advertisement for a product. Fine. Then how about the social media explosion of people holding up signs saying "why is everything so heavy?" By your own words, Heavy has a jingle, and it's a pretty damn good one if even Depeche Mode is following through.

As I have already gone over in Heavy's thread, Webster's dictionary defines a jingle as "a short verse or song marked by catchy repetition". Nowhere in that definition does it state anything about being less than 30 seconds in length. Now, Heavy is a short song even by radio standards, and it is very catchy and very repetitive. So there's precedence to describe it as a jingle, even if it's not literally a McDonald's commercial.

"Cookie-Cutter" is an expression defined as "marked by lack of originality or distinction". The term has been tossed around this forum about Linkin Park's song structures since A Thousand Suns half a decade ago. Half of Living Things has been described as cookie-cutter. What makes Heavy or Battle Symphony distinctive, especially in today's commercial music landscape? What makes them original from the rest of Linkin Park's material?

Finally, if you are literally "sick" of my opinion on an Internet forum about something as subjective as music, then you need to figure out your priorities. Obviously it's not making you sick as your words were not literal. Just like mine and Mike Shinoda's about pop jingles, although as I have argued, carry some merit.

11. Blake

Yes, but they are arguably two different albums still.

Regardless, They at least have 3 albums not 2. Vessels was their 3rd or 2nd if you want to call it that

12. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I personally think this song's lyrics are much more poetic than a good number of other Linkin Park songs such as:

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"
    "I wanna be in another place, I hate when you say you don't understand"
    "I wanna run away and never say goodbye"
    "Don't stay / Forget our memories, forget our possibilities"
    "I wanna heal, I wanna feel..." (tbh this example is overused but I still decided to include it)
    "I wanna see you choke on your lies, swallow up your greed, suffer all alone in your misery"
    "Yes I'm half Anglo, half-fried panko"

Just what I think. Of course, there are some that are really well-written (see: TLTGYA, etc).

Abel likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I hear Battle Symphony, and I hear maturity over THP. I did love The Hunting Party when I first heard it, and I even reviewed it well. But within a year it had already gone stale, it wore out it's welcome due to just being overkill in certain areas. Gone are the cheesy braggadocio raps, excessive screaming/yelled vocals, and in it's place are very well sung vocals by Chester (in a way we've rarely ever heard him sing), and an empowering (and mature) message of finding strength to confront everything that's knocking you down, and come out of it stronger.

When's the last time we heard THAT much optimism in a Linkin Park track? Even Heavy, despite being very simple lyrically explored depression and mental illness and what it's like to have the world cave in around you. And like with Battle Symphony? It focused on wanting to remove the things in your life that bring you down. To want to be happy, to feel free of what depresses you.

Yes they have a pop sheen. Yes they're very upbeat. But you know what? I'm happy to finally hear this band talk about surviving for once. Getting out of the struggle, instead of wallowing in it.

2016 was the hardest year of my life. I lost my father, grandmother, and countless other people very important to me. April will begin the one year anniversary of that dark period. And what's coming around that time? A seemingly very therapeutic and relatable Linkin Park album. Bring it on.

14. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

The first ever positive linkin park song?

15. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

You might have a point regarding the lyrics's message.

But there is no way whatsoever anyone will ever convince me this track and "Heavy" show any kind of maturity over THP, instrumentally-speaking. The comparison is like night and day to me.

dontFindOutMe likes this.
  16. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

I'm not digging this song too much. That's okay though. I tend not to like the "hardest" (pretty much all of THP) or the "softest" (usually one or two songs per album) LP songs, and I put this on the soft end. In fact, there are a few LP songs this one reminds me of and none of them are among my favorites. As I suspected, this album will be pretty hit or miss for me. Heavy was decent, and I'm looking forward to Talking To Myself and Sorry For Now, but I'm not feeling One More Light, and Battle Symphony is just not my battle symphony. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album though.

17. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

This album is gonna leak next month mark my words

18. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

OMG this album is gonna flop really bad! can't believe my favorite band did this shit, i mean...i don't really care if it's pop music as long as it's good music, but this is just shit and uninspiring IMO!

Jovertop likes this.
  19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, you're right! Updated.

Eliot227 likes this.
  20. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

We have to find more Xero tracks, so they will leak another OML song to uncover.