Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a win-win to me!

2. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

this are also exactly my thoughts on this

Stonecold likes this.
  3. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Maybe its their way of saying. "This is for the haters."

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

What?

5. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Don't you know? LP new songs can give you prophetic power. Are you not the chosen one?

6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I just spent 2 entire days listening to this track ONLY. This is really good music IMO.
    So far, not one of my friends who don't listen to LP has disliked it. They were pleasantly surprised with how different it sounded from their idea of Linkin Park.

Also, this album will do much better than THP.

ciao_fiv likes this.
  7. TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

I've tried to stay aways from the leaks, but I finally gave in.

After about 2 listens, I have to say:

I like that sample used in the beginning, the chord progressions on the synths sound really good and the changes in the song a bit make it interesting.
    To the people complaining about there being no guitars or real drums, you need to listen to the song on headphones or something because those are really easily heard in the song, also I hear Mike's production all over this song, It still feels Linkin Park to me, just more up beat and happy than usual. I ironically think the lyrics are the weakest point the song, I think I expected more out of OML since thats what the band said they were focusing on.

I do like the upbeat feel of it, it's nice to hear that side of Linkin Park.

Personally I give this song a 7/10, I wish the lyrics were a bit more interesting, those are what really kill it for me, other than that I think it's a pretty well made song, and personally again, I find this song no different than something like Numb.
    As unpopular of a opinion that is, they both are pop just from a different era.

8. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

Battle symphony is dope.

Only real problem is i wish it was a minute longer

9. kid cadenl

kid cadenl New Member

have to say I'm impressed, just another genre Linkin Park will be successful in.
    what's new though

10. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

This song makes me want to have a beach party. I love the fun summer vibes. Can't wait to blast this on the 4th of July.

Cely_lp and Nisshin like this.
  11. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I really would like to know how the song leaked. How did it get out of WBR's hands?

I understand your point. I do. Chester has a softer voice so he sounds better than roaring (raw) on THP. And the band is singing about personal stuff so it resonates better with people emotionally.

I see a track like A Line in the Sand as being more mature than Heavy and Battle Symphony, but that's just me. That's just an epic song when comparing it to most of the discography....what a shame it barely got played live. There's no doubt THP is weighed down in a way by excessive (raw) loud vocals by Chester. That was deliberate but I'm not really a big fan after digesting it for a few years. Powerless and ALITS are the two best songs LP has released post-ATS to me, on two very (!) subpar albums, so that might be why I enjoy ALITS more than the two new songs. Well I mean I like the heavy stuff anyway more than pop. An intro from the ATS era and a heavy as hell instrumental. I do really enjoy Mike rapping on THP - the raps on Keys, All For Nothing, and Wastelands are badass...and they are not bad lyrically. I do see what you're saying and agree with some of your points and can understand the braggadocio point. It's just two different subject matters from that album to this which is why the lyrics are so different.

Chester intentionally sings weak/soft here, trying to intimidate something we heard him nail on Valentine's Day. The metaphors he uses in the lyrics there along with his soft singing is A+ and that's why I think Valentine's Day is one of the most underrated tracks they have. However, to me it comes off as childish sounding and extraordinarily weak on Heavy...arguably one of the worst songs in the catalogue to this point. I will say Battle Symphony is leagues better than Heavy and Chester sounds good on it. He has somehow in the past year and a half changed how he sings (hard to describe) and it's pretty good. I'm interested to see how much better the live show sounds as In The End from the Comedy Jam is gold.

12. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

For people complaining about involvement of all the 6 members and LP's direction....

Tell me this first..

1. Where were all the damn members on Cure for the Itch and My December? Huh?
    2. Are members entitled to play a specific instrument?
    3. Is Joe reserved to scratching?
    4. Are you too ignorant that you didn't see the whole damn performing Heavy on the Late Late Show?
    5. Why is guitar needed to make LP songs great?
    6. Why do you think making a softer sound is a piece of cake?

Please tell.
    LPA wants to know.

13. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'd say those two points are sort of irrelevant, as

1. The song got (subtle) guitars
    2. This ain't a proper soft song
    I'm not talking for everyone, but I have absolutely no problems with a lack of guitars, or softer stuff, or whatever.

I'd even say I really appreciate that sampled intro. It's good. The sound aesthetic, melody, structure, and repetitiveness of the track are what turns me off from it.

Or yeah, honestly, the poppy top-40 mainstream vibe certainly does play a role. I'm personnaly not fond of that kind of stuff. The way Chester sounded on some lines reminded me of Katy Perry and the likes (yeah, yeah, stupid comparisons everywhere), and those are not my usual jam.

14. Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

I so In love with this song

15. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

It's hilarious that LP fans are one of the most guitar obsessed fan bases ever even though LP guitar parts are absolute shit.

Avo and KarL_LewiS like this.
  16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Technically their sophomore album with their label

17. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

It's the guitar sound people obsess over, not necessarily the playing.

Jovertop likes this.
  18. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Oh wow, didn't know the success of this album rested entirely on your opinion of the first two singles. Huh.

:rolleyes:

19. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Blah.

They got some fun catchy riffs Radiohead couldn't pull off.

For real though. Simple riffs can be cool. Distortion can be cool.

Vic and Michele like this.
  20. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Listen to this just wow