Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

What an Honor Astat...

I mean those two instruments taking the front seat, being more transcendent.
    I must admint i Like both songs. dont misunderstand me
    My criticism goes to the evolution and growth of the sound, the execution ( we can hear that in Mark the Graves and ALITS)

And i believe most fans, are waitning for that new jump since ATS.

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So Chester isn't credited as a writer?

3. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

From what I have gathered the only band members credited are Chester, Mike and Brad.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the official credits.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

If Bastille's singer took the instrumental and sang the same lyrics it would easily fit on Wild World. I actually think it sounds eerily similar to a good amount of songs on that album.

6. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

To be honest, I don't really have a lot of respect for bringing in additional writers if the most vital band members aren't even contributing to the process.

Atticus, Iopia, Brandon and 2 others like this.
  7. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Gonna go ahead and assume this is a joke account, and if so, I love it :rofl:

8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

It's amazing that each track has a different vocal producer. I hope this will give them idea how to craft LP8 and experiment more in the future

ciao_fiv and Sasuke like this.
  9. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I agree. Tbh in general I have trouble understanding why they did it in the first place Sure they say they wanna tray something new but bringing in external writers 'suddenly' (for the lack of a better word) after 6 studio albums where they never had outisde writers before, the only time I hve seen that happen is basically when a band (of course not flat out, but indirectly) says that they have run out of ideas. I am not hoping that this is the case here, but with a band as prolific(sp?) as Linkin Park is, I'd rather have them stop. Just to be clear this is not me saying "they should do nu metal or stop" but rather "if they can't write good music anymore (REGARDLESS OF GENRE) its better to end on a high" rather than trying to squeeze out things with outside help.

Also with the over-hyping of Heavy lately, from MY point of view its almost like they are saying: Hey this song is not doing as well as we hoped, please help us out. I have been on board (like full on waiting for album updates, first snippets etc) since LT and I have not seen it done forthe last two albums. Well okay they pretty much said THP was meant to be anti-mainstream, but I think my point is still clear.

I have said before that LP doing pop is not a problem per se, just hard to get used to for me. I feel like in a way the band is boxing themselves in by default by doing that, what I mean they don't go 100% like they want to just to say like "uhh no its not typical for this or that" and yes I do think them doing pop after THP is extremely hypocritical. Yes I know he said that years ago. But he said it about the album preceeding this one. Thats a fact nobody will be able to change.

Also I think that saying "oh on this album we focused on lyrics the most" And then you come up with the lyrics to heavy or Battle Symphony?They might be relateable", but saying that you focused oh so much on lyrics and this is the result makes me think, you are either a liar or incredibly bad at writing lyrics. Sure the band might not always have THE BEST LYRICS ON THE FUCKING PLANET, but these lyrics are the description of blandness in a way. And with that.

[​IMG]

10. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I won't over dramatize this :shrug:. Chester always sings songs which are completely written by Mike. a lot of the those demos are sung in entirety by Mike too. on the Studio version we hear then Chester.
    Chester isn't really a songwriter he's a performer. and this is what he can do at best.

Blake, Crankshaft, Avo and 1 other person like this.
  11. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I showed Heavy and Battle Symphony to a friend of mine today and she loved it. She's been a fan of them for at least 10 years now and it was nice to hear it from someone who really like the band.

Breno9712 likes this.
  12. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I love this song for so many reasons. THIS is what I expected Heavy to sound like based on its teasers.

I enjoy the catchy intro that plays throughout, and cannot get over how good Chester sounds on this song. I mean, seriously, when was the last time he sounded this good? I'm blown away. If the album is gonna sound like these two songs, I'm so on board. The vibes I get from Heavy and Battle Symphony are great. Based on the snippets for Sorry For Now, One More Light, and Talking to Myself, I'm quite excited for this album.

Also...I've been totally hyped up on the Nintendo Switch lately...does anyone else instantly become reminded of the "click" sound that plays in the promotional trailers for that system when the finger snaps play in these songs? No...just me? Awkward...I'll show myself out now.

linkinpark-iran, Blake, Abel and 4 others like this.
  13. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Excuse me bro?

Are the producers of the record not the most vital members of the band or something?

Crankshaft likes this.
  14. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

I was thinking the same thing lol. I kind of like it.

15. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Eh. I honestly don't have much of an issue with it, knowing that in the past a lot of time's its been just Brad and Mike or even just Mike who writes the song and then others come in to record it. What's the big deal if they bring someone else in to stir new ideas? Idk, just for me personally I don't have a huge issue with it.

Abel, Crankshaft, Avo and 2 others like this.
  16. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

There's no way this isn't a joke. It's too "stereotypical" (using the term loosely) and outrageous to be serious... I hope.
    Did he not write the songs for Dead By Sunrise though? Or did someone else do that?
    I CAN TOTALLY SEE THAT SOUND NOW THAT'S AWESOME THANKS!!! Also it isn't just from the trailers, the sound actually plays when you have the console in handheld mode and slide the controllers on. It's great.

Meteorain and Ben like this.
  17. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Well... Catchy. At most.

Sigh.

[​IMG]

18. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

We talk about Linkin Park now. Yes he wrote 'em. but could they fit to Linkin Park? a song about Sex like 'In the Darkness' could fit to Linkin Park?

19. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

I realized that after listening a few times, they're like the guitars of Lost In The Echo, right? (Merged with the bass and keyboard)

Note: I'm a fan for your work on your youtube channel man! :)

20. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Kinda have to agree with this. Mike Shinoda wasn't called "Glue" in the old days for nothing. He's really the core of the creative part of the band imo.