Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Meteora received a lot of snarky comments around here, and some of those yeah-I'm-cool-for-hating-Meteora crowd are attacking people for disliking songs which are probably LP's worst since Numb and Somewhere I Belong.

2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Am I the only one that hears a little Lies Greed Misery synth in Battle Symphony?

3. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

^I hear it too. Same chords and chord progression, probably.

4. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

For the most part, Meteora deserves it

Sasuke likes this.
  5. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Agreed on most points. I have to say that the marketing and advertising on any LP album has not been this adamant til now. I'm not gonna conspire, speculate or curse on the band that they know the album is gonna flop and trying desperately to promote it till the album release, but it's a glaring observation I have seen so far.

To be fair though, I don't think having external writers is necessarily a bad thing, and it's not like all the band members were involved in the songwriting process to begin with since HT. The only times when the band was genuinely involved in the songwriting process were during MTM and probably ATS. Which might be why those 2 albums stand out a bit more on a lyrical and songwriting standpoint.

Definitely agree on that last paragraph especially. I won't be too harsh on them and say they are liars or suddenly bad writers though. I might be judging it too early since the album isn't out yet but if the rest of the songs are written like these 2 singles, I will definitely be disappointed, and I hope that won't be the case.

6. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes! someone who called 'Heavy' uninspired and mentioned Numb (AKA PUSHING ME AWAY 2.0, a song without any soul or identity). as masterpiece get only a :facepalm: .

7. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Yeah, both have very staccato synths and bass, similar chords and a summer vibe.

8. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Yes, we're truly criticizing people for not liking these two recent songs and purely for those reasons.

Not because of a certain portion of people who hate them who are acting like children. Not at all. Nice generalization there, bub.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    ciao_fiv likes this.
  9. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Honestly, my first impression was only a good pop song. But after a few listens, I started to enjoying it. But I was expecting more from this song, I love a lot the title (I guess it happened the same as with Jornada Del Muerto) but a very good song overall.

10. Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

I was feeling a bit down this week and the song lifted my spirits up with its vibe, melody and lyrics. That's awesome. I'm excited for this album.

Yeah, after a couple of listens I realized that, too! Now, when I listen to the song, I always have this image in my head of me and my friends in a casual Nintendo playing session at home. >_<

11. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Damn, I consider Meteora the best album by far. No comparison. I love everything from Hybrid Theory through A Thousand Suns, and then LP started making half-assed albums (LT, THP). We'll see what happens with OML. Surprised so many people here hate Meteora. SIB and Numb absolutely blow Heavy and Battle Symphony away.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how this will chart compared to 'Heavy' because it has definitely gotten more plays from me. Even if I have some criticisms towards these two songs, it's nice to hear a song from them that's not so mellow dramatic for once.

On another note, I can't wait to hear the songs with Mike on lead or co-vocals (not counting backing vocals). Hopefully 'Invisible' is the next single.

13. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I heard the song once. First impression: considerably better than Heavy lyrically, but not that interesting instrumentally.

I should probably just accept that I may not enjoy a whole lot about OML. I was really intrigued at first to learn about the "lyrics first" approach, and thought it would greatly benefit the band's songwriting, even showcasing an evolution with lyrical themes. These first two songs haven't exactly demonstrated that, though I do like the symbolism/imagery in Battle Symphony.

If none of the other songs on OML manage to connect with me in ways that songs on all of their albums have, I guess I should just hope that future music from them will have a stronger impact.

14. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Loving the song but something is still missing. There really isn't anything climatic towards the end, which I always love about most of their songs. Still excited as fuck though for the album

15. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I really am curious as to how THP was "half-assed". How could you come to such a conclusion? You heard the technical progress made with the instrumentation, especially the riffing and the drumming, right?

THP's main weakness may have been lyrical stagnancy, I'll admit, but there was truly nothing "half-assed" about the instrumentation. LP showed objective evolution with what they could achieve with classic instruments, doing things that no one really expected at the time (extended riffing, massive breakdowns, more elaborate solos, and original drum patterns).

Oh, and you're not alone for loving Meteora. It's still in my Top 3 LP albums list, along with THP and HT.

16. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Yeah! Where my Switches at!? Breath of the Wild is unreal.

I actually had the same thought with the sounds and totally thought I was the only one and always would be... and by the way hilarious final paragraph there haha.

You should post more often!

17. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Unreal is a bit of an understatement imo. It's too good for words. I love it :)

Meteorain likes this.
  18. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I also hear some of the drum samples used in "Castle of Glass". It does sound like the happier, more hopeful version of LGM, which is why I'm getting an LT pt 2 vibe from these songs. Whether that's good or bad, we'll see.

A large chunk of people here at LPA still like Meteora; it's just that a lot of the active members (myself included) and admin either dislike it or are sick and tired of it. This is still a Linkin Park fansite first and foremost, and I personally like songs like "Faint" or "Breaking the Habit', so it's ok for you to like Meteora just like a good chunk of the people here. :)

Just be prepared to get the occasional roasting from Minus and a few silent judgments from the admins :kappa:

19. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Think the new albums have been leaked already

20. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

After a few days, I find myself a bit disappointed in the song. I don't know how to explain it, but I was hoping Heavy was the UIG of the album, and the next single would be FM. They're both the most radio-friendly tracks from the album, with catchy, standard structure, but FM manages to just be infinitely more interesting and better than UIG. Battle Symphony, at least the leaked version, doesn't really have a lot of depth or interesting moments to it. At least Heavy has cool vocal layering and such, and some nice, subtle guitar textures and real drums. I still think the song is nice, and catchy as hell, but it sounds like a pretty skippable track to me. Maybe it will be better in the context of the album.