Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I am so tired of reading people talking about these two new songs while saying that pop music is made for dumb people and how they are so much better than everyone else because they don't listen to it.

It REALLY doesn't matter what you listen, it doesn't change a single thing, it's just YOUR personal taste.

And when you have people saying that they loved both songs, that Battle Symphony is a great song and stuff like that you can see that it's all about you liking it or not and that no, you ain't better than anyone else because you don't listen to "shitty music". Please. Grow up.

minuteforce and Bruno like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The Lyric video is beautiful. i love it :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

+1

Most professionally recorded music these days (yes even pop) have a large amount of tracks, and processing/effects on them. If I'm using a professional recording artist as an example of that, I'll go with Amy Lee of Evanescence. She told me in an AltWire interview, that Evanescence songs are traditionally giant sessions with '200 tracks in Pro-Tools'.

Now take those large track counts into consideration, and also consider the fact that sometimes with recording drums (yes there are live drums on these LP songs), vocals, guitar etc, that it will occasionally take multiple takes to get it right. Also consider that even after the finished takes are done that the individual tracks need to be perfectly lined up. Then consider the limiters, compressors, reverb and other effects that have to be demoed, tested and tweaked on these tracks before a decent sounding 'unmastered' final is sent to the mastering engineer to be finalized for the record...and you have a song that took WAY more than '5-10' minutes to create.

Sure, I bet someone on here could make a pop song in 5 minutes. But I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't sound as well produced, recorded, mixed and mastered as a Linkin Park song.

Serenity, ciao_fiv, Abel and 3 others like this.
    lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Awesome lyric video for an awesome song ! this song have some very powerfull moments even the slow tempo ..

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Beautiful video. Battle Symphony has grown exponentially on me after repeated listenings, much more than Heavy did.

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Mike will probably do backing vocals for most of the song too expect the high parts he can't hit

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Such a beautiful video. Would love to use some of the stills from the video as wallpapers. This song just gets me excited for Summer!

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Doesn't matter if the songs really took or not 10 minutes to be made. What matters is that they sound like it.

A sculptor may take 2 years to finish it's work and at the end it still may end up ugly and with the feeling that it was made in 10 minutes.

One More Rob likes this.
    SkullDevil217

My friend, this is why subjectivity is a thing.

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

This is more "Linkin Park" than Heavy. By the way i miss Mike's rap part.

Derek

sub·jec·tiv·i·ty
    ˌsəbˌjekˈtivədē/
    noun
    the quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

This dude here gets it.

Vini, YOU feel the song sounds like it took ten minutes. I however hear a well crafted pop song with many layers, impressive songwriting and some great vocals from Chester. A track that seems like they put a lot of thought into it.

Amazing how subjectivity works huh?

ciao_fiv, Abel, Kareem Saad and 2 others like this.
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

My opinion still stands that it is 1) a great pop song, 2) refreshing to see something positive from the band for a change, and 3) something that sounds a lot like Mike would do.

Also, I commented under an angry upvoted comment in the Youtube comments section. This is it, guys. I've gone to the point of no return.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

This song sounds like it could've been Chris Martin/Coldplay, and I love it. Also love the art direction this cycle. Nostalgic summer vibes.

The_Hands47, Abel and Kareem Saad like this.
    eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I did the same thing last night :lol:

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Sorry for copying this same post over from the Battle Symphony - Out Now! thread but no one has answered my query there yet, so I thought I would post here instead. Please read below:

I pre-ordered the album on the first day and I still haven't received an e-mail to download Battle Symphony. It's now 1:30pm over here in the UK, will it be released later on? Has anyone from the UK received their download link yet? I'm just enquiring as I see it has been said that if you pre-ordered the album last month, you would get a download e-mail sent to you.

I'm only going to be listening to this song and Heavy before the album is released, nothing else. I just wanted my first time listening to this song to be in good quality.

Apologies again but I'm hoping they send it to me today but I've just checked my e-mails now and still nothing. I've gone on to the Eurostore where I pre-ordered the album as a Guest (my account on the LP Eurostore got deleted for some strange reason but I've set up a new one today for future purposes) and it comes up with my order but only a download link for Heavy. I'm getting slightly impatient but I'm hoping I receive the new single at some point today.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm always thinking about Welcome to be part of OML tracklist. It would be great if we have a LINKIN PARK version for that instead of Fort Minor. just a minor changes though with the vocals or include the Ryu verse to it. that would be sick. Can we suggest that to the band or Mike?

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

The song does sound alot like a more soulful Army Of One from their Head Full Of Dreams album. The aesthetic cycle of this album feels like an end to the narrative started with Minutes To Midnight in a way. MTM was the start of the disaster hence the black and white aesthetic, ATS was during the disaster and the fallout hence the glitchy aesthetic, LT could stand as the personal struggles dealt with during the disaster hence the crumbling natural aesthetic, THP and OML seem to serve as an ending of sorts where people cope with the disaster through anger and rebellion (THP) before beginning to rebuild things to the way they were before (OML)

ciao_fiv likes this.
    SkullDevil217

Very much agreed.

You've gone into the wolf's den, my friend. I wish you luck.

Derek

Tbh, I'd rather keep FM and LP separate. The whole reason FM existed in the first place is because LP musically (at the time) wasn't giving Mike the proper outlet to explore his hiphop side. The band has evolved since then and a lot of FM ideas become LP ideas, but in terms of an actual FM song being re-used on an LP record? I'll pass :lol:.

20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Perfect expalanation..