Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Okay, this is just ridiculous. Have you ever tried to write a pop song? I have. You know what? I can't do it. And that's just the songwriting, I've tried my hand at production too, and you know what? It's bloody difficult as well.

I don't know what music you listen to (I'm going to guess rock), but you realise that can literally be applied to every genre ever?

I listen to a lot of metal. You know what the biggest criticisms people make of the genre are? You guessed it: it's that every song sounds the same. Same big guitar riffs, same aggressive vocals, exact same instruments and textures in every song, exact same intensity. In fact, many people criticise metal artists for being completely talentless, not knowing how to write real songs, real melodies, for banging away at their instruments loudly and tastelessly and writing 1 dimensional songs that anyone with no talent could write. Basically, in their eyes, it all sounds like the exact same old regurgitated drivel that any kid with a guitar in a garage could come up with.

Clearly, these are absolutely ridiculous criticisms which miss the point of the genre entirely. Yes, all metal songs sound vaguely similar, since they are in the same genre after all. But these criticisms are missing the finer, more subtle details. Just like you are with your criticism of pop "sounding all the same".

Implying that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry aren't already a high standard within their genre?

2. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

People need to realize pop music doesn't automatically it can be made easily. Yes there are cliche designs but as with all other genre. Just because something doesn't sound sophisticated doesn't mean it's not, and vice versa. Heck, I can probably pull off an epic-sounding orchestra easier than to do a full-on pop production, and I have zero formal education in both..

And the song is aight. Not the bigggest fan but it's growing on me

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Noosh, Abel, Sasuke and 3 others like this.
  4. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Liked for Jon because man i miss him

Kareem Saad likes this.
  5. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

I need to see a music video of this consisting of the songs by LP from these albums (I would add first two albums as point zero in HT and the prelude to the disaster - anarchy rising in Meteora) and illistrated by the events you're talking about.

Noosh likes this.
  6. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

That would be awesome!

Noosh likes this.
  7. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

:fedora:

8. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

So I've played this song to about 7-8 friends they all loved it. None of them are LP fans as such. They listen to all sorts of songs.
    I told them how a certain portion of the fanbase is not happy with this song's sound and this was what one of them told "Man, these fans need to stop putting the band in a box. This is good music".

Mike looked really pleased with the singing.
    I cannot explain how happy I am for Chester to be able to sing like this in LP.

9. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I dunno why but Chester singing accapella in this bit sounded horrible to me for some reason. And I noticed that I am already getting tired of hearing Battle Symphony. Which is not good (imo)

10. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Still gonna hope one of the songs sticks with me but so far (sound wise) it's not resonating with me. I think this will create an obvious breed of new LP fans though. I am not gonna knock em down, the production is Linkin Park. I thought of SIB as soon as I heard the intro. Chesters singing is "refreshing" it's something new. Unfortunately, I don't get jiggy with this type of music. Cheers to those that will come too appreciate it.

:)

ciao_fiv likes this.
  11. LPJM46

LPJM46 Member

Thank you.... seriously. Thank you. Everyone that thinks metal and hard rock music is the BEST music and pop SUCKS and everything else SUCKS needs to shut the fuck up. I'm so sick and tired of the whining and the "Hybrid Theory Meteora!" Crap. Dude nu metal is OVER. It's done. Music evolves. People change. Interests change. Bands change. Artists change. Get over it. If eventually nu metal returns then awesome! You get what you've been waiting for since you were a little boy/girl! But for now, tough shit mutha fucka. If you don't like it? Cool. I personally don't think Battle Symphony is the GREATEST SONG EVER. But Jesus Christ stop calling it GARBAGE and LINKIN POP or whatever. Gently remove your tampon and stop complaining.

I just want to stress that I'm strictly talking to the people who literally think metal and rock and screaming is REAL music and who think ALL pop is pure garbage. You're clearly not listening if you think ALL pop is pure garbage. Pop music isn't garbage. Your life is garbage. Stop being so stubborn and close minded for crying out loud. How do you enjoy life being so stubborn and angry at pop music all the time. I mean shit dude. You good? Lol.

One More Light May 19th!!! Let's Goo!! Fuck the haters!

ciao_fiv and Iopia like this.
  12. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Was probably just one of the takes. The teaser video we got for 'Heavy' which had Chester doing his vocals was very different from the final product.
    I've been listening to the song non-stop since it leaked and I'm yet to grow tired of it. So I can only speak for myself.

13. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I've come to the conclusion that the reason why I don't really like this song is purely because of the instrumental. That instrumental part at the beginning of the song and at the end of the chorus just reminds me so much of the type of music that people use in those trendy fashion or travel vlogs. And it's not even that I really dislike that type of music, it's just not very original and not what I want to hear in an LP song.

So I guess if the instrumental was a bit more original/interesting I would have liked this song a lot better.

dontFindOutMe likes this.
  14. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

So basically everyone who dislikes this is a numetal fanboy. Well then I have news for you ATS is my favorite Linkin park album and I still think LP doing pop is not a good idea. P.S. What makes you think my life is garbage?

15. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Why are so many people so deaf? Literally both songs feature the other band members. Stop this.

16. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I really envy people who are still to get tired of it. :lol: I listened to it for 10-15 times and don't feel like hearing it again. I like the vocals and the melody but don't really dig the instrumental. I have a feeling that I will enjoy this song much more in an acoustic environment. Please perform an acoustic version of this, LP.

Lotus likes this.
  17. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Absolutely sick of seeing shit like this.

The_Hands47 and zazofazo like this.
  18. The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

Hm I didn't see it as him trying to justify anything. Thought he was just genuinely tweeting his feelings about the album since there was the live feed. But I guess I could also see him doing that since people were probably hating.

19. LPJM46

LPJM46 Member

Clearly you didn't read what I said. People who think metal and rock is the ONLY real music and all pop is garbage and make comments implying that ALLLLL pop music is garbage. You don't have to like the song. I'm not claiming everyone who dislikes Battle Symphony to have garbage life dude. First of all, I was just joking with the "garbage life" comment. I have a certain humor. Second, it doesn't pertain to you if you just simply don't like the song. Dude I don't even REALLY like the song. I'm just sick of people bashing pop music in general.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  20. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Why so much hate about this song?

To the people who dislike the song: Is this song worse to you than BID, Runaway or Hit The Floor? Just curious...