Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm saying it because I genuinely like the songs and would like them regardless of who sang them. No more, no less.

2. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

For me, the LP mark doesn't hold me back. I have to say that if this was by Lady Gaga or anybody else I would not go out and buy the record or maybe even like change the radio station caus eI like it so much, but cause its Linkin Park I try to like it and I do like Battle Symphony but I still think Heavy is the worst song I have ever heard, LP or not.

3. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I'm only listening to Heavy, and waiting for the album to come out before listening to anything else. But for better or worse, I read the comments lol.

Also, because I feel bad for the person in EU asking about them not getting the song yet, has that been resolved as nobody replied to you? Sorry but I'm not in the EU so I can't actually help :/

Foreshadowed_LP likes this.
  4. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Chester's vocal delivery here kinda reminds me a little bit of Lady Gaga's "Million Reasons." Unlike some posters, I don't mean this in a negative way; I dig both songs.

Abel likes this.
  5. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Song's pretty bland tbh. Heavy actually had an energy to it. This is just boring.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

This is a great song. I always love their synth intros and this one made me go "OH SHIT! THAT'S DOPE." Much better than Heavy. So much more expansive and atmospheric. It sounds bigger in scale and I love it. Chill and positive and that's how I like LP sounding.

7. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Yeah, I think 'justifying' wasn't the right word to use it, but you can tell he's somewhat personally affected by all the hate and negativity, unlike Mike or Chester.

8. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Something that bugged me about the song was that line "my eyes are wide awake". Now english is not my first language (like many may have noticed by now). Is that even correct english, because even though I mentioned I am not a native speaker it does sound more like a bad translation going on.

9. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

It's correct. It might sound weird to you because you don't hear anything like that often or never heard it before. It happens. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  10. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Weird

But latetly, i´ve been enjoying a lot more the Lyric videos than the Official ones.

11. eunyoungg

Everytime I hear Battle Symphony or sing it to myself, I have the feeling I heard it before. But like a song you used to love and stopped listening for awhile and then rediscovers it.

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

but guys ANY DJ, who may or may not know how to produce, can make it in 2mins!

i heard from people who apparently don't know crap about what a DJ is, so it's true

Abel, Avo, Sasuke and 3 others like this.
  13. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I agree with the first part. I am sur ei woulnt listen to stuff like this if it wouldnt be LP.
    Heavy isnt the worst song i guess, but far from their best imo.
    And Lady Gaga is amazing though. Buying worthy :lol:

14. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This video is gorgeous. I love the colours and it has some really beautiful shots! I actually prefer this lyric video over a lot of LP's official videos.

Abel likes this.
  15. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I haven't received the song yet no, it's now Saturday 1:45am (I'm not up late still awaiting the song, I'm not that sad, haha) and I've not had this issue resolved... yet. I've e-mailed LP Eurostore but they seemed to be confused with my enquiry and so I've sent another query to them, so hopefully I get a better response later on. Derek has kindly stepped in to help and pointed me in the right direction, so hopefully someone may be able to get back to me at some point and solve this. It just seems odd I pre-ordered this on the day the album was ready to be pre-ordered and yet still haven't received a download code for Battle Symphony when I was expecting to hear it on Friday. I'm not listening to it until I get a high quality download sent to me.

I did have issues around the Living Things release where I didn't receive some of the remix download codes after getting the first 2 or 3 so I hope I don't get the same issues again.

As soon as I do get a download code (hopefully) I'll make sure to post my thoughts on the song. Glad to see it's getting a good amount of praise and as for the hate (this isn't directed at those who have provided valid reasons for why they don't like the new sound just those that aimlessly bash the band)... well... it seems they forget this is a pop record from Linkin Park and still try their hardest to digest these songs and yet still hate the sound despite being told from the beginning this was going to be pop-heavy. In the infamous words of Mike Shinoda... "Try to catch up motherf**er!"

Hybridora likes this.
  16. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

Loved the video, the visuals seem to go well with the album artwork. And people who say the song is instrumentally poor clearly know nothing about music, there's so much going on here instrumentally.

Abel and Sasuke like this.
  17. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Has anyone noticed the weird rhythm of the Kick drum, haha i like it :)

18. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Subjectivity blahblah but then some of you guys attack people who dislike Heavy and/or Battle Symphony. :rick:

Can't we just agree to disagree instead of name-calling? Disliking a song doesn't mean that the person is butthurt, ignorant of music, or disrespectful to LP. Or maybe it does. I don't know.

19. eunyoungg

No, we "don't attack people who dislike Heavy and Battle Symphony". We called out people who were being disrespectful and talking like they are superior for not listening to pop music. A bunch of people in here said they disliked both songs and that's ok, but some were being rude and full of themselves.

20. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

I really like this song. It gives you a positive feeling you normally don't get from hearing their songs.

In Addition, I just can't see where all this criticism is coming from. Do we honestly talk about the same band? Of course everyone has a different taste in music, so this song doesn't have to appeal for everyone, I'm honestly not talking about that.

But by reading all those comments I'm starting to think, most of the people haven't heard half of Linkin Parks discography. Have you ever listened to songs like "in between"? There aren't any guitars on that one either (at least not noticeable), it has only Mike singing on it and follows a simple melody. That's only one out of dozens of songs. Like it or not, but Linkin Park have always been a little poppy. Even some of their biggest hits fit this category.

While I admit, they use a lot less guitars recently, that certainly can't be the definition of pop. I'll say it again, still you don't have to like this song. I think people expect something different because of THP, but honestly this doesn't feel out of place for Linkin Park at all.

The only real difference I'm feeling is the vibe I'm getting from hearing this song, as I already pointed out. Linkin Park tends to write dark and mellow songs. This is refreshingly positiv! Maybe songs like in between would have been handled similar, if they had been used as a lead single.

I hope you can get my point. This really speaks from my heart. Moral of the story? Please just stop being rude, when commenting on their songs. Feel free to criticize, feel free to be dissapointed and feel free to hate. But stop acting like Linkin Park betrayed you. That's just not the case. Have a good day, friends.

Hybridora, Sasuke, Abel and 4 others like this.