Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

After my second listen of Battle Symphony (not kidding), I like it a lot more.
    If I am to be completely honest, BS (what an abbreviation :lol:), even as a straightforward pop anthem, still sounds considerably better than most of the other pop songs I've heard on the radio in the past few days. I can definitely hear the LP "sound" in BS, with all the effects and layering going on. When it comes to the other pop songs I now hear daily, there doesn't appear to be much happening in those instrumentals, and they are far more repetitive, as well.

Back on topic: Battle Symphony will definitely be another "grower" song, though I will probably like it more than I will ever like Heavy. I really hope the remaining 8 tracks all sound entirely different from the two we now have. The more diversity, the better.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Deliveranze and Iopia like this.
  2. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Just to put it out there: we're not calling you out if you don't like the song. We're only approaching (I personally don't like calling out people, to be honest) those who've probably crossed the line or used weird/nonsensical arguments that may or might be offensive in general.

Take note there are a lot of people here who dislike/are not feeling the song, and we didn't get defensive about it. It's up to you guys, and if it's not your thing or you find it generic (which most of you guys acknowledge, thankfully). I appreciate those who decide to instead discuss about what they liked and disliked about the album and hope to understand why others don't like the album.

This is the last thing we want to see in this page. :lol:

I just wanted to get this out because I want this place to be nicer and I think sometimes the statements from both the pro- and anti- side are getting a little too heated. :lol:

Peace, guys. :)

3. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Agreed!

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I hate to be a grammar Nazi but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bug me a little that in this official lyric video you see "I been searching" instead of "I've been searching"...

Anyone else notice that? No? Just me? Cool... I'll show myself out now

Bruno, JackF1992 and brady like this.
  5. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

OK, so after a couple of listens, yeah, I think I love Battle Symphony so much more than Heavy, and I'm one of the fans who fell in love with Heavy. There's so much going on, it's refreshingly positive and hopeful (for once!), and Chester sounds amazing here. The lyric video's beautiful and just...man, I'm way too hyped for OML. :lol:

Also, listening to the song at full volume with headphones/earphones made me gain such a new appreciation for the instrumentation: so much is going on, and you can hear either Chester or Mike harmonizing during the choruses. The bridge was what blew me away the most.

6. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

You have a great attitude. That's what's refreshing to see. And as far as the headphone thing goes, completely agree. :)

Abel likes this.
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm getting a fairly strong sense, not just here but elsewhere, that "Battle Symphony" is getting a way better reception than "Heavy" did.

8. Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Can see why really. Battle Symphony manages to combine elements of Linkin Park with a poppier production style seen without compromising their sound and has much better lyrics compared to Heavy.

9. bogdan971

bogdan971 Well-Known Member

Now I cannot unsee it. Damn! :cry::lol:

Meteorain likes this.
  10. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Not a hateful Linkin Park review. :WTF:
    The end of the world is near. :halfkappa:

eunyoungg likes this.
  11. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

We should thank Phoenix for that killer bass line on Battle Symphony.
    You deserve the praise man.

Rob is great as always.

Battle Symphony shouldn't have been a street single. It has potential

12. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

You never know. "Waiting for the End" was released as a promo single fro ATS and it eventually became the second single of the album. :)

I hate to break it to you bro, but "I been searching" is the actual, official lyrics even on Genius. :adam:

13. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Makes matters worse, in my opinion.

14. Meteorain

I know, and a piece of me died inside lol. But I'll get over it. Maybe the booklet that's inside the One More Light CD case will have lyrics and it'll be "I've been" in there... but if not, again, I'll get over it.

15. One More Rob

Honestly I really hope they have lyrics in the booklet this time. That "extra" booklet thing they did for THP truly bothers me and I am hoping that some day someone might feel the need to sell his or hers on its own.

16. Meteorain

The thing is, for me and why I noticed and pointed this one out, is that Battle Symphony isn't the style of the song that say, Until it Breaks or even Lies Greed Misery was, where you heard Mike, in his raps, say "I'mma". Not proper English but kind of a hip hop slang thing (for lack of a better description) so I didn't think much of it. This not only is Chester, and not a rap, but it's pretty easy to tell this song isn't that hard-hitting type or really any other type where you might see slang used.

It's not like I think suddenly Mike and Chester don't know that "I been searching" isn't proper English lol. But that's also why it'd be a little odd if their official website and (if it has lyrics in it) the CD booklet says "I been". Unless someone else wrote it and didn't have it approved by the band... which might have been the case for Genius and/or the lyric video, as the band is pretty busy right now. Apparently doing one-day trips in various cities. Went from Toronto to Amsterdam in a day. (Anyone know what all that is about? Merely promotion I assume)

Before anybody says it... I realize and I agree that this is generally not a big deal. This is probably as minor as it gets. So I don't need to relax lol

Hybridora likes this.
  17. One More Rob

I agree on this I seriously hope it was just a typo in that sense and not an actual lyric I mean stuff like "imma be that nail in your coffin" is pretty much normal for raps or I think some FM lyrics even hat "cuz" etc in it. But "I been searching" is horrible, particularly for an album where they anted to perfect the lyrics first *cough cough*

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  18. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Oh no when I saw that it bothered the fuck out of me. How did no one notice that?

Meteorain likes this.
  19. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

lol it's incorrect grammar but that's how I talk IRL, I guess

20. Meteorain

That'd be something...focus on lyrics and then it ends up being a typo lol. Or intentionally bad grammar... I know that sometimes, like in movie scripts, they write how people talk instead of worrying about proper grammar, but I'm not sure that should be the case here.

I have no idea lol how more people didn't notice. Or maybe noticed but just didn't say anything. I will say though that we seem to be in a day and age where this stuff is more common. For example "could of" instead of "could've" or "could have".

We should probably blame the internet and social media for this. Youth are screwed...