Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

1. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Well what I meant about the focusing on lyrics part is that they wanted the lyrics to be perfect but then recorded a lyric with bad grammar. Defeats the purpose if you ask me.

For some reason I don't really mind grammar issues in rap (tons of rappers like to use lines that start with "You was" or "You is"). But that in any other genre? Makes me furious.

brady likes this.
  2. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Yeah I would hope they wouldn't record that, have it officially go into their books that way, etc. I'll see if the booklet has it written that way. But if it does, I think it'll just be a case of "I'd prefer it wasn't that way, but..." and that thought being ended with something along the lines of "but it's not a killer" or "but it's not something I can't get over". I would've preferred Mike never have said "I'mma" lol, but at least it was in a rap, where it's common and not sounding out of place.

I agree it's a lot more acceptable in rap and hip hop. A lot of artists of that music talk that way intentionally and it doesn't sound like a mistake.

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't think it will. Because if you read the description of the "Deluxe Version" of One More Light, you'll see that the coffee table book has the lyrics.

I was (and still am) annoyed by what they did with THP because it was kind of a dick move. They used to print the lyrics in every booklet, and give us some goodies such as DVDs with shows or documentaries as a special edition, then since it seems they didn't have material to make a deluxe version for THP, they took the lyrics out.

More disappointing this time, is that I can't afford this deluxe version, and it sucks.

4. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Really? well thats bullshit then. Why focus on the lyrics when nobody can read them? I can't afford it, but I checked it out half of the price of the deluxe pacakge alone is shipping to me, what the fuck? I still wonder where that came from, you know to stop printing the lyrics in the booklet.

IronDust71 likes this.
  5. Meteorain

I'm not saying it's a good reason, but I've seen a lot of similar cases where booklets and other printable additions have started being omitted. For example you don't get a booklet in a video game case anymore, and they try to give you an in-game link for a digital manual instead. They'll probably say it's an effort to help the environment, while others will admit their main goal is more likely to cut production costs. Sadly it doesn't seem anymore that the mentality is that you're paying for the CD, game, etc so this should be included in your price. Too many companies deem these things non-essentials now.

6. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

...because you can have lyrics on Genius and like a million other websites?

The things is physical formats of music is getting less relevant as we speak, and even though vinyl is making a comeback, it's still, you know, not for every casual listener. And to be 100% honest I never use album booklets for lyrics. Maybe for the artwork but when I want to learn the words of a song, booklet is definitely not my way of finding lyrics and I'm a CD-holic

7. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I've never compared LP to pop artists the way everyone always (in fact I find it super annoying). However, I will say that the chorus of battle symphony, to me, sounds like their most pop melody yet. Pop, as in (can't believe I'm saying this) Katy Perry kinda pop. I actually could hear her singing the chorus, and it feeling like it totally fit in her catalog. Heavy on the other hand, when stripped down, still feels a lot like an LP chorus. Even with Kiiara singing it I get some LP vibes. Battle Symphony is one of the first choruses I've heard from them in a long time that just feels totally different. Not saying it's a bad thing at all, just an observation. This is the one song where I'll read "This sounds like a Katy Perry song" and not roll my eyes lol.

8. TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

Battle Symphony personally feels more positive then most regular LP songs, which I find a interesting change.

9. Meteorain

I think it's more than finding out lyrics for people. A lot of people like the art involved or used as backdrops on pages in booklets with lyrics. I too never really used a booklet to find out what was being sung, unless maybe I disagreed with what was posted online (thought they were saying something different) and used the booklet as confirmation of if I was right or wrong.

But I agree with you that there being so many other ways (online) to view lyrics, it helps companies deem booklets non-essential and justifies them in cutting costs. And you're right, physical media in general is dying/phasing out. Even if slowly. In Canada there's basically only Walmart left selling CDs and a few stores who did it before either stopped doing it or went out of business.

10. UNiPersona

Some of the albums I've purchased lately don't have lyrics, but quite some artworks in the booklet, which is fine - if the lyrics are printed on a mono-color background, I'd rather it not have it to be 100% honest. In the case of The Hunting Party, the artwork isn't particularly exciting, but those are artworks nonetheless, so I'm totally fine with it.

And yes, as I was just in Montreal, the HMV downtown is closing soon (which is incredibly sad) but I snagged quite a good deal from their closing sale..

11. Meteorain

HMV is closing all their locations in Canada. I'm pretty sure that was the only country the operated in anyway. Best Buy stopped selling CDs in Canada too. Walmart told me they may only get new releases for top selling artists. Which may include Linkin Park but the lady I talked to had no idea who I was talking about lol.

12. UNiPersona

HMV is still in UK I believe, and in Japan because man that country loves physical everything to death still - which is partly why I love that place so much. Tower Records which is now extinct in all other parts of the world is like the leading retailer in that country.

13. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Honestly, speaking of lyrics in the booklets, I'd prefer the history of the song, of a brief information about each one, like it was on Meteora or Minutes to Midnight days. It's more valuable than the lyrics which can be found, as @UNiPersona said, on Genius and million other websites.

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Lyrics printed in booklets are official, nigh-indisputable sources, though. Sometimes, you need those, or you could be hearing and singing "I CAN'T FAAAINT" for years and years, never knowing any better

15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Lyrics and booklets

A Thousand Suns had a pretty good one :halfkappa:

Tony Fields likes this.
  16. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

:whistling

Michele likes this.
  17. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

This! from 2004-2010? before i know that lyrics exists. :lol:!

18. IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

For this album, thankfully, Linkin Park writes (at least for the singles) the right lyrics and it pleases me as I'm sure there will be no confusion ! :lol:

19. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

After 4 agonising, long days... I finally have Battle Symphony! A very helpful person from LP Eurostore has e-mailed me the download link after I explained I never received it on Friday and I can now download the song and transfer it to my iPod when I get home after work. I'll give my opinions of the song later on tonight, failing that, tomorrow as this was one of the songs I was initially intrigued about.

Thanks to Derek for trying to help also, I've had to contact Lorenzo over Twitter to ignore my previous post. I'm just happy I finally have the song and can blast it at full volume on my good quality earphones when I get home.

minuteforce and Hybridora like this.
  20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

People really thought it was "I can't Faint?".