FBE's Teens React to....LINKIN PARK

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by HurQlez03, Mar 15, 2017.

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

Whether you like this YouTube series from Fine Brothers or not-people of different ages reacting to different things such as music, viral trends, games, or toys of then or now-we all have been waiting for them to react to Linkin Park.

And it finally happens.
    Luckily it was with teens, and not adults. It took a while for some of them to figure out who the band is (one had to wait until the interviewer told her who it was), but they all say they remember all their songs and with great passion. And like some of us, some didn't like the new single. One thinking the band sold out, another calling it "pop shit", while another one told the fans that complain about the new single not being the same to "suck it up".

See for yourself

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Ah shit I just posted this, didn't see this.

Anyway, it got a laugh out of me. Got me thinking I'd probably like an LP Unplugged style acostic-pop rendition of a lot of their older songs.

And it's also surprising how many of those kids were familiar with Linkin Park (or who they were), and had no idea about, or only sort of knew older songs. I realize most of them are well over a decade old, but they all had an idea of who they were and YouTube/digital music services exist, so that they were so unfamiliar with huge smash hits of theirs was kind of weird.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

It actually bothers me that they only played songs from HT, meteora and what I've done, it would be better if they played songs from every album instead....

Iopia and The Joesen One like this.
    Blackee Dammet

Between the fact that some of the kids seemed unaware they were still putting out material, and the fact that Heavy and OML articles keep referring to the new songs as "comeback" songs, apparently everyone just had no idea they had kept making music past 2007.

But they still get radio play, right? Wasn't Burn It Down a platinum selling #1 hit?

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I think one of the problems is that a lot of the general public don't listen to Alternative radio, where BID, among other singles hit huge. BID was #1 there for several weeks, for example.
    Also, despite THP being their least commercially successful album, it still managed to grab 2 #1 hits on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart, which were GATS and UIG. So, LP are still technically getting hits, just not pop hits. Heavy will become their first top 20 hit on Pop in nearly a decade, so I guess that's why some people are calling this their "comeback."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

This shit is manufactured as hell, i don't trust any single word there. It serves only the entertainment nothing else.

Blackee Dammet

... how, exactly? You're saying it's inconceivable that 18 year olds aren't entirely up to date on a 20 year old rock band?

How much Reel Big Fish or 311 news are you up on?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The quote that starts at 7:00 makes me want to go on a rage-face-punching tangent. "A lot of their music is sort of the same and there's just something just kind of cringey about it, but I think it's just because everyone else hates on them, so I feel like I need to." She wants to talk about cringey. Way to be a follower.

Sathyanikethan and ciao_fiv like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

#fakenews #alternativefacts

Sasuke likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

SELLOUT?? BURN!!!

linkinloch likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Michele likes this.
    Blackee Dammet

Well I mean she's also a kid.

So. You know.

Hybrid

Be that as it may, that issue is still prevalent in more than just kids. People would rather follow a status-quo than to enjoy something that they like. "I'm going to hate it because other people do" is the absolute worst reasoning for not liking something. Being unique and letting your "freak flag fly" makes life infinitely more enjoyable. I just wish more people would understand that.

Blackee Dammet

Up until a few months ago this very board was still using "Justin Beiber" as an insult. I'm willing to bet money it wasn't because they had sat down, given a thorough listen to a Beibles record, and then concluded "This is amateurish, uninspired, and hackneyed. A new low for popular music!". Same with Creed and Limp Bizkit years before.

Let's not sit here and say that what she admitted to was new or something only some people do.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

This video would have been far more interesting if they at least played lead singles from each album. The kids kind of just accepted that Linkin Park was heading in a soft pop direction all along when that wasn't nearly the case. Of course, instead they catered completely to nu-metal nostalgia which obviously keeps the average joe watching to the end.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They kinda have been heading in a soft pop direction all along. If THP never came out, OML would've felt like a natural progression from LIVING THINGS :lol:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The fault is their own :kappa:

Hybrid

Huh... Well I guess it's a good thing then that I never used such an insult. When I was younger, I learned that if I liked or hated something because of someone else, I wasn't doing my personal likes or tastes any good. Self Identity is something you have to carry with you your whole life. Owning and investing in that self identity can only increase it's value. Doing so, you aren't beholding to anyone and therefore have more flexibility with doing what makes you happy.

zazofazo likes this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Right, but the fact that The Hunting Party was there throws an entirely new dynamic in. That and I think we can all agree A Thousand Suns was radically less pop than Minutes To Midnight. There may be a general trend, but there's enough curveballs in the last decade to suggest otherwise.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

That girl is ANNOYING :rofl: