Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes! like me :p
    English isn't my first language. I started listening to Linkin Park back then because it was cool :headbang:

Michele likes this.
  2. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

English is my first language and I can tell you, that for the last 10 years, I have always thought it was I can't faint. Needless to say I am quite embarrassed but at least the lyrics makes sense now.

Forfeit to Break and Sasuke like this.
  3. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

this :lol:

Sasuke likes this.
  4. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I probably couldn't deal with LP's cringy lyrics if English was my first language. When I don't try to listen to the words I don't passively understand the lyrics so I can just ignore it.

5. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll ever be on board with all the hate towards LP lyrics in general.

English is my first and only language.

I also listen to/for lyrics (among other things) when listening to their music, whether it's the first or 500th time I've heard a song.

6. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Glad you finally got it! Looking forward to your review!

7. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

:dafuq: how did you know that I was doing so?! (really - no joke, it was from 2007 'til 2008)

On a serious note - there're official lyrics on the band's website. I'm pretty sure you can trust them.
    Besides there were some mistakes in the lyrics on my Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight booklets. So...

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, with Linkin Park, various iterations of their official website have included printed lyrics for fans to check, but that's an exception and not a rule. I'm referring to music releases in general: in most cases, booklets within physical packages are the only place you'll find official printed lyrics straight from the artist. And, in some cases, they might be the only source that's accurate.
    This is why I said "nigh-indisputable": occasionally, some artists deliberately print inaccurate lyrics, or mistakenly use lines from demo versions or things like that.

9. Tony Fields

Speaking in general - yes, you are right absolutely.

But from the beginning, when I said about including the song making stories into the booklet, I was talking about Linkin Park only.

10. minuteforce

Well, you can't guarantee that lyrics will always be included on linkinpark.com in the future.

But, then, you also can't guarantee that they'll always included printed lyrics with the CDs

11. Tony Fields

Of course not.
    Surely I can not seriously expect them to print the histories of the songs or the little briefs instead of lyrics in the booklet. But that thing would be really unexpectable.

Expect the unexpected they said? :)

12. minuteforce

We're really talking about different things :lol: so, w/ever

13. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Well this is 4 days late after not initially receiving the code but I've listened to Battle Symphony (had it on blast on my earphones whilst walking to work this morning) and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed the song more than Heavy both in terms of overall sound and lyrics. I was a fan of Heavy and actually liked how different for Linkin Park it was, this track I find is the sort of pop song Linkin Park would do but that's also a good thing. You can tell instantly it has Mike Shinoda's production all over it especially with the intro.

I listened to the song on my computer first as I had to download it and wanted to check the mp3 file worked fine. However, when I listened to it on my iPod, you could clearly hear the sounds much clearer and I was happy with the results. The bass has a nice groovy rhythm to it, I like the marching drums in the first chorus that then explodes into this wall of pop sound that I feel the band has pulled off well. I like the hand/finger click sound effect they used in the verses and Chester sounds great on this song, I really love the build up to the bridge and he starts to sing a little more raspy and then calms down for the chorus and sings beautifully.

I actually like the lyrics. Are they the best lyrics by Linkin Park? No. However, they are personal and I think they fit the song well and tell an intriguing story with an uplifting message attached to it. So yes, I am a fan of the lyrics.

My favourite part though is the final section of Battle Symphony, where the song really picks up with a lot of energy and you can hear crystal clear the distorted guitars get heavier in the final chorus.

I've listened to the song about 10-12 times now and I'm still enjoying it. I can see me replaying this way more than Heavy especially due to the addictive and catchy chorus.

Hybridora likes this.
  14. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Found this on Rafatoon's Vimeo

bs.JPG

Pretty clear here that Alfredo Mancuso is not credited for the drone shots.

15. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I have to say my liking of this song has steadily decreased. It's still super fun to just blast and sing along to, but it really suffers from a lack of depth and detail. After 3 listens or so, I felt like I heard everything there was to hear in the song. Heavy has a lot more detail and dynamics imo.

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The booklet is sometimes just as inaccurate.

17. minuteforce

Yes, on occasion, the booklets are misleading, but that is definitely an exception and not a rule. This is also why I didn't claim that official sources were completely and invariably accurate all the time.

18. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Pretty sure this was recorded for Battle Symphony, it's the same rhythm.

19. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So, I am not much of a genre guy, but can Heavy and Battle Symphony by any reasonable strecth of definitions be called EDM songs?

20. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I don't get how he could call BS an "EDM song", at least it didn't strike me as one.

But I don't really know what constitutes as one with the way songs are labeled anymore and "genre is dead" type remarks. Is it a pop rock song? Electronic rock? EDM? All of them? I know the band specifically doesn't want their music to be labeled as one thing or to put themselves in a box, so I can kind of understand when Mike says "genre is dead".