Linkin Park - Good Goodbye to feature Stormzy and Pusha T

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

@minuteforce Are you familiar with Florence + the Machine catalogue? Eg White, who's involved in 'One More Light' title track songwriting, helped them to create 'Lover to Lover', 'What the Water Gave Me' and 'Hurricane Drink'.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No, I actually had no idea who Eg White was. Even through all of the mentions in the interviews, I never looked up the name

3. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Which is the opposite of THP though. they worked with well known legends on that album, and for OML they worked with many newcomers and people who are usually on the background.

minuteforce likes this.
  4. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

That's the reason I like about this album - the band helps the less known, but worthy to check bands and artists to find their way to us.

Sasuke likes this.
  5. minuteforce

With few exceptions, all of the acts guesting on the album (that we know of) are successes in their own right. Shinoda probably wouldn't have heard about them if they weren't noteworthy

But it's true that they are obscure compared to A-list mainstream megastars who are household names, and none of them have achieved "legend" status.

6. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

This could have been the perfect album for a Eminem feature :kappa:

7. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Yeah, didn't Mike say something like Chance of Rain made it really far and was cut at the last second? I don't know which ones are "official" b-sides, but it just seems like there's a lot from MTM. What we don't know, QWERTY, Pretend to Be, Across the Line, Chance of Rain, No Roads Left, Blackbirds...

Also, I know the LITE intro has sounds from Holding Company, but that doesn't mean that the intro wasn't at some point considered a finished track, exactly as it's heard live, to be put in front of LITE on the album. I know there's no proof of this but it seems plausible and would be a cool thing to have on a deluxe album.

8. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

You mention Purity Ring here. Have they been working with Linkin Park? That'd be awesome

9. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one struggling with this. Sometimes, I feel very out of place with being largely against the direction mainstream music is (and has been) going for a while. Music has been a huge part of my life, especially now more than ever. Expanding my tastes is what I set out to do, but still have a long way to go until I finally reach the point where I can embrace all sorts of music. As for now, I'm just too picky, which limits my options considerably.

Who knows, this all may change years from now. My tastes in music have changed before, so there's a good chance they will one day change again. I hope that you, too, will be able to become interested in more types of music, especially if you're willing to expand you're tastes.

10. Sasuke

Yep! Mike mentioned that they were working with Corin Roddick as well.
    As you can read in my status I'm a huge Purity Ring fan :awesome:. so this is the only collab which I'm looking for the most.
    Fingerscrossed that Megan sings on the album as well. :awesome:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    ciao_fiv likes this.
  11. minuteforce

After hearing Kii guest on an LP song, hell, I wanna hear Lauren Mayberry too :lol:

You never know. He might appear on the inevitable official remixes of "Heavy" or "Battle Symphony" :p

Well, we're well out of the eras where it was mainstream/Hot 100 success or nothing for music artists. That's really just one lane, or set of lanes, out of many. And even mainstream pop today is pretty diverse, no matter what nu-metal fans tell you.

But, besides that, you can find any kind of music you could possibly want online, and you can support that while disregarding the rest if you want to. Everyone's got their tastes, and not everything that you like will win the popular vote.

Serenity likes this.
  12. Sasuke

+1
    Thank you Shinoda :cry:

13. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Oh MAN I fucking hope Megan has vocals on this album. I just started listening to Purity Ring and I absolutely love them. Can't wait until it doesn't happen and I got myself all excited for no reason (like the prolly nonexistent Blackbear collab)

Sasuke likes this.
  14. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Or the inevitable unofficial remixes

15. Sasuke

I know, i don't wanna rise my hopes for nothing too. but I would kill to hear Megan on this album especially when you know that the sound of OML is really close to Purity Ring.
    It could be something like this:

16. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I already found the first Remix of Heavy (likely fanmade) but I am not sure if its okay to link it here.