If Heavy were longer

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by JasonJielN, Mar 22, 2017.

JasonJielN

JasonJielN Well-Known Member

I really like this song. Very mellow, and yet very powerful and emotional. So yeah I thought the rock and metal versions are unnecessary.
    However, I've expected this track to be longer than how it turned out to be. I don't know how everybody else feels, but the fact that the track does not have any intro (nor outro) bothers me a lot.
    In my opinion, the song would be much greater if its duration went over 2:50. So yeah, I just made the song a bit longer :hmm:Check it out in the link below and please let me know what you think :lol::
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6myx9ay8ninq96/HEAVY.wav?dl=0

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes! there's so many things that could be added on this song which I think would made the song "better":
    - Intro (There was an intro but unfortunately they had remove it :()
    - Outro
    - Longer & different bridge
    - Chester sing the second chorus instead of Kiiara
    - Variation in the chord progression
    - Louder guitars
    - Louder bass
    - More harmonies

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Heavy is perfect the way it is, it doesn't need more guitars, an intro or more verses. It's a short but dense track and it works. A longer version would be boring.

JasonJielN

JasonJielN Well-Known Member

Good points. But I like that simple chord progression played throughout the song tho.
    And the light guitar riffs are decorative, yet beautiful, so I think there's no need to make it louder. The production of the song is perfect for me. My only complaint is the track's duration,honestly who the heck still makes 2-minute long songs now? :lol:

I agree that it has enough guitars. But I would like it to be a bit longer since the instrumentation is so good. I thought it's a bit rushed so why don't include a intro or a instrumental break to make the track feel more well-executed?

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

No, I didn't say I wanna add Powerchords or heavy distortion to the song. just the original guitars could be louder in the mix imo. I really love the atmospheric guitar in the second verse.
    And yeah, the song is too short. I've made this thread before Heavy came out. It was soooo wrong. :lol: