Linkin Park Premiere Lyrics To "Good Goodbye" On Genius

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MarkLP12

MarkLP12 Member

Been following this board the last few months with much disappointment in how many people hate on the songs/albums before even hearing it. People certainly can have their own opinions on whether or not they like the new music, but would be great if people can wait until the song/album is out before they judge it. Figured I'd make a little joke (please don't take it seriously pessimists) about what goes through my mind when I read this board:

I cannot take this anymore.
    You're angry about a song you've never heard before.
    All these words they make no sense. I find bliss in ignorance.
    Less I read the less you'll say. You'll find that out anyway.

Just like before...

Everything you post on here.
    About a song you've never even heard.
    And you're about to break.
    Why can't you wait until the song is out?
    And I'm one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break.

2. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Why is "when an artist releases lyrics, people are going to judge the lyrics" such a crazy idea to some people? :lol:

They went on and on about "lyrics first" this entire album cycle. Now they're giving us the lyrics first. They obviously want us to be judging these on their own merit or they wouldn't be doing so.

Blake, ciao_fiv, Iopia and 2 others like this.
  3. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I thought it was debunked earlier that the sarcasm in the song was false instead? And even if it's true, you can still be tactful and tasteful when writing a sarcastic/satirical song. And I'm not the one freaking over the word 'hoe'.

4. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I don't like the use of the word "hoe" in the song. Do I hate it? No, it's a word in a song, life goes on. Do I hate the song? Nope, it's not even out yet and I'm quite hyped to hear it. Do I now hate OML and the band for the rest of all time? Hell no, I'm really excited for OML and I love the band. Am I allowed to dislike the use of a word on an LP song? Apparently not.

Let's be reasonable. We're allowed to dislike things about a song. Doesn't mean we dislike the song.

Hans Muster and ciao_fiv like this.
  5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Real talk. Always surprised me how much hip hop LP IS influenced by and how much the fanbase actually avoids listening to hip hop. Just blows my mind. Can't think of any mainstream rock act that has as good if rap record than LP. Jay-Z, Black Thought, The Visionaries, Pusha T, Stormzy, Bun B, Pharaohe Monch, Busta Rhymes, etc. Band has had emcees on their songs since the beginning. But ya know people are gonna be upset unless it's a full Mike track or features Eminem.

6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Another new song being released. Another new barrage of negativity from everyone.
    One More Light will truly go down as the most controversial album LP has done. Hence the "risks" they were talking about back in Feb.

Also, do people not like Battle Symphony's lyrics? I thought it had great lyrics that was a change from the band's usual message.

7. ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

I love LPAssociation. We got people bitching about lyrics to a song nobody has heard yet, people bitching about the people bitching, people bitching about the people bitching about the people bitching, and we're over here in our own little corner talking about hip-hop. I do honestly wish they would do more with chali-2na though, Mike and his tag team on frg/10 was diggity diggity dope. I honestly think if they got em on a track though people here would probably bitch it wasn't like the real slim shady or the Eminem show.

8. Deliveranze

Lol no doubt about it. Yeah Chali's verse on Frgt/10 was flames. Hell that whole song was. I mean, you'd be surprised how people would let a lot of thing slide with Em. Those Collision Course remixes on YouTube contain a lot of modern Em verses and no one minds. People are mad about the word "hoe," but like I said, if Em dropped a homophobic slur or used "cunt" in a derogatory way, most people would be OK with it cause it's Eminem. Then again, Eminem is the only rapper a lot of LP fans would listen to.

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

:popcorn:

Bane likes this.
  10. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear this. Lyrics are fine, hearing them in context with a beat will help I think. Hope this blows up, will definitely get a lot of airplay.

Only slight criticism of the lyrics would be that the chorus is almost Meteora-esque in it's simplicity. With a sarcastic fuck you tone to it, it could sound cool though, much like Lies Greed Misery.

11. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

This.

I don't understand you ppl. so you only listen to LP 'couse it sounds nice?
    I learned not to take the interviews and band's statements seriously becouse I always felt much disconnection between their opinions and intentions and the final results.

I will judge the song when I'll hear it but everyone can have their oponion about the lyrcs, and mine is that I have very mixed feelings. I like the chorus though.

12. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I just realized that the chorus looks like something taken straight out of a Hollywood Undead track.
    Fuck.

ALSO:
    If the song doesn't fit on the album - why have it on the album AND why release it as a promotional single?

If this song actually ends up sounding decent, I digress.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I like the verses, for the time being. :) I can already tell this is gonna be one of Push's throwaway verses but it beats the one he did for "I'll Be Gone", and I'm glad to see a couple of my favourite artists collaborating regardless.

EDIT: I am honestly a little weirded out that Push and Stormzy use no expletives. Optimistically, it's because they simply just felt it'd be best

You see, hip-hop isn't ~real music~ (the way nu-metal is), and, also, it's too black and all they ever talk about is hoes :rolleyes:

14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I like this song already.

Blake, Sasuke, Deliveranze and 2 others like this.
  15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

right? :lol:

Always wanted to make them more "funny" music.

16. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

While I still feel that there can be a bit more improvements, I still do like BS, mostly due to the change in tone and theme compared to the majority of their discography which are somber.

17. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

haha, you're right! I have absolutely no problem imagining how the song would sound like if they made it but i have no idea how LP will do it. :D
    I am also far from criticizing HU - they, among others, fill the space for some of Meteora and HT fans.

18. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Mike's lyrics sound embarrassingly bad. Some of the worst I've seen from him and he's written some bad lyrics. This is just bottom of the barrel.

I find it hilarious that with all the talk of this album being personal and deep, none of the songs so far reflect anything remotely close to that :lol:

19. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I'm really not going to let the word "hoe" being on album bother me.

Blake and ciao_fiv like this.
  20. Deliveranze

Yeah I like the consistency though. No one is really washing anyone on this track lyrically.

LOL reminds me when someone said they didn't like Until It Breaks because Mike sounded "too black." It disturbs me some people are using vaguely prejudiced comments here to describe hip hop. Especially from a band that is so into hip hop.

Modern Guitar God likes this.