Linkin Park Premiere Lyrics To "Good Goodbye" On Genius

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Haha you aren't alone, it's hard for me to pick a favourite(s) as well. But if I had to choose and since we are in the spirit of sharing, mine would be this(in no particular order):

- Iridescent
    - Waiting For The End
    - Blackout
    - Breaking the Habit
    - Somewhere I Belong
    - The Little Things Give You Away

P.S: Blackout and The Little Things are in my opinion a few of the most underrated songs from what I observed from fans reception.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Anyone here think the flow and voice in Until it Breaks is no good?

I always wonder to myself what the heck Shinoda was thinking. Awful, just awful. And the lyrics make it even worse.

3. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I can agree with the lyrics but not with the flow. Mike's delivery was quite dope to me. With that being said, the majority of LT leaves little to no impression on me to be honest, in terms of songwriting. The lyrics weren't bad, but they weren't good as well.

4. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

I've been lurking these threads since Heavy dropped and totally forgot I had already made an account a couple years ago that I haven't used since haha... Just wanted to say that as an LP fan for about 12 years or so, I'm stoked for Good Goodbye and the rest of One More Light. I've always been open to embracing change and evolution from my favorite artists, and I love how this band has always challenged fan expectations and pushed themselves in new directions.

I'll be honest in that I hope there's more variety and stylistic experimentation on the whole album than have been shown on Heavy and Battle Symphony, but I have faith they'll pull it off. As a big hip-hop fan, Good Goodbye seems really promising for me... I'm basically hoping for a 2017 version of Remember the Name with modern production. If the beat and delivery from the three verses is great, I'm sure I'll love this song.

minuteforce, Iopia, Blake and 4 others like this.
  5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Welcome aboard! :D

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

Also, checked One More Light this morning on Apple Music and Good Goodbye's title on there has been updated to say "feat. Pusha T & Stormzy"... it's definitely coming in the next couple days imo

7. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Just in case you missed that Linkin Park's lyrics aren't looking too hot right now.

8. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

Thanks! Been thinking of posting on here again for a while but honestly was really lazy and forgot I had an account lol. I've been enjoying viewing these discussions though!

Hybrid likes this.
  9. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

The thing for me is I listen to a lot of hip-hop, and can already sort of imagine by reading the lyrics that this song is going to probably have a more upbeat "banger" beat (for lack of a better word), and is gonna be designed to be a fun song to pump people up. I don't think EVERY song needs to have incredibly deep lyricism, particularly when that likely isn't the purpose of this specific track (and LP lyrics are usually a mixed bag for me anyway). Also as others have mentioned, I don't think Stormzy using the word "hoes" in his verse is a big deal at all. I think the people who are confused about his slang like "mandem", etc. haven't really listened to him or his style before, and may understand better how it fits once they hear the song. He uses a lot of British slang and posturing, but he's honestly pretty talented imo, and has great flow.

Iopia likes this.
  10. Louis

Right, but let's not always conflate good lyrics with deep lyrics. Kendrick Lamar's lyrics aren't always "deep," but the man is as good with words as any of them. Linkin Park recycles the same jargon, the same diction, and is seemingly unable to stay creative with their lyrics. Someone pointed out that the lyrics won't change when the song drops, and others say that the flow and sound matters. Both are right, but we're still talking about two different things. The song could be okay but the lyrics will still be bad. That's what we've seen so far.

Brandon likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Oh shit. You from the KTT thread?

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

I see your point. Like I said I've rarely felt like LP has had great lyrics anyway, so I see where you and others are coming from. That being said I think the band was setting themselves up for this by releasing lyrics before the songs in the first place. If the song comes out and is really enjoyable with great production, I doubt lyrical analysis will be people's primary focus... and that would've especially been the case if they hadn't released the lyrics ahead of the song. My point was more that in my opinion, lyrics are more central in certain songs than others, and I don't expect lyricism to be the driving force behind the song, good OR bad.

ciao_fiv likes this.
  13. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

Yep haha... decided to finally post here again lol. Well I should say I tried to make an account, and then realized I still had one under my current email address lol

Deliveranze likes this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Ahhh cool. :lol: Welcome back

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What's your name on KTT? My name is 'Bliss"

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I've heard two songs and read the lyrics for a third. I'll consider it 25% of the album at this point. Very underwhelmed. Was excited at the pop yet personal direction the album was said to take, thought it would be a welcome change from THP. Color me skeptical at this point boys. Maybe my days as a Linkin Park fan will just be contained to the ATS/LT era. I guess that's ok. They are making music for themselves at this point, which is fine. It just may not be for me any more.

Bane and Modern Guitar God like this.
  17. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Thank you for regurgitating others' opinions on the song? Idk if as a mod you're just trying to show new people entering the thread that a lot people don't like it, or trying to remind everyone "Hey look, no one likes these lyrics!!!! They're really bad." Either way, it just seems like your forcing that opinion on others still forming their opinions.

Iopia, Deliveranze, Sasuke and 3 others like this.
  18. beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

Also beachdude on there lol... old username that I've stuck with more or less

19. Louis

First, I hoped you would read that I was being a little silly there, more than anything.

Second, your argument is flawed here. Anytime someone expresses an opinion, then, isn't it then always someone imposing their views on others? I didn't ask anyone to change their mind, nor did I suggest that anyone who disagreed was wrong. I have not stopped others from expressing or developing their opinions. And if anyone feels that way (and I say it kindly), that's their problem.

And even then, what view did I express other than, "Man, people don't seem to like this," - which is literally what so many others are commenting on? For as many quotes as I included about people not enjoying these lyrics, others were shaming them for being so negative.

What I hope people will take from these threads is that opinions are, quite frankly, just opinions and nothing else. People aren't trying to be negative - they are expressing their views. If you can't handle an opinion that is different from yours, you will struggle on these forums - and everywhere else. It really disappoints me that these threads, time and time again, are people kind of shaming each other for what they think. Can't someone have an opinion? And for me, can I not simply highlight that a lot of people think the lyrics are bad, and that the volume of those opinions may indicate something about the lyrics themselves? Do I not have the right to assert that much? Or do you like the lyrics too much and just want me to shut up because I haven't heard the song yet?

I apologize if that comes across as harsh, but I figure now's a good time to set it straight. Let's all just agree to disagree and then let new opinions develop when we hear the song. It's not hard!

Non-Pattern and Brandon like this.
  20. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

Where there's smoke, there's fire. There's a lot of smoke around these lyrics. And it ain't a good fire. Carry on.

Louis likes this.