Linkin Park Premiere Lyrics To "Good Goodbye" On Genius

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 10, 2017.

1. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

honestly, now i just hope there's a couple of ok songs in the album

2. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Spot on. This kind of thing dissuades people from visiting the site.

Bane likes this.
  3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Wow, from just listening to 2 of 10 songs and reading the lyrics to a sarcastic hip hop style song? From everything we've heard and seen, the other tracks on the album will be vary different from these.

Have a little more optimism :)

4. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Check this:

ciao_fiv likes this.
  5. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

LPA is generally a good community so far from what I have observed for quite a while(even before being a member), but there's a bit of truth in what Louis states as well, particularly for this album cycle. While it may not be explicit, there's this 'silent' hostility being felt sometimes in the threads.
    With that being said...

I have to commend on this. You can state an opinion or suggestion respectfully to others without really attacking or shaming others. It's not that hard.

6. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Before I start I'd just like to say that personally I like everything I've seen/heard from this album except for the lyrics to Good Goodbye (but I'm still holding on to hope that the song is nice to listen to).

Anyways...we've had access to parts of songs from more than half of the album at this point. In addition to the two full songs and the lyrics to Good Goodbye we have live clips of Talking To Myself and One More Light and a snippet of Sorry For Now. I think there's enough stuff out there that somebody can form some sort of opinion on how the album is going to turn out. If that person decided that they haven't liked anything from the 6 songs we have bits of then it's fair for him/her to say that the most they can hope for is a "few good songs."

Iopia likes this.
  7. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

The reasons for me disliking the word "hoe" goes way beyond from it being a "bad/ugly word". I just don't like those kind of terms and yes, I'm aware it's used a lot and all the time, I'm not trying to make people stop using it, and I think me and a few other people in here have similar motives to not like it. It became very unconfortable to me to read and listen to this kind of slangs, be it in english or in my native language. I can't even bring myself to use them anymore.

ANYWAYS, despites what I said, it isn't a big deal for me. Life moves on.

Bane likes this.
  8. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

There was really no indication of that :/

And that's not what I'm implying at all. Generally expressing your opinion in a statement is fine. But highlighting only the negative posts within the thread, then making a note of how everyone isn't liking the lyrics on the new album creates really negative vibes and almost a mob mentality of "you should dislike the lyrics of these songs bc that's the general consensus." Now I'm sure you didn't mean that, but can you see where I'm coming from? And this isn't me saying "oh keep all negative views to yourself." Express your negative opinions, go for it. But to highlight a majority of them into one post? Idk, that just rubs me the wrong way tbh, especially when there is a positive vocal group within the thread.

And I wouldn't say we're all shaming those who dislike the lyrics (the small minority are). But others are just saying "why are we being so overly critical and negative about the song/lyrics/lyrics of the entire album?" We've yet to hear the song, we're taking these lyrics completely out of context, and there are still 8 songs yet to be heard, 7 left to be read. Come on guys, its Linkin Park, something will be your cup of tea on this album. Unless you're looking for nu-metal. You're not getting that. I don't know why you're still following the band if you are.

In addition people are making a huge issue out of things that shouldn't be an issue at all *cough* the word hoe *cough*.

Iopia, Halfway Dwight and beachdude42 like this.
  9. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Deliveranze likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Did they just compare Linkin Park to Insane Clown Posse????

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Gonna be dropping today must be

12. LohithMohan

Weird that the band hasn't really posted any videos yet. I mean, this is the 2nd single. I was expecting at least some sort of promotion and hype like we got for 'Heavy'. Plus, it features Stormzy who is pretty big in the UK. It would have been a great chance to create some buzz over there for this song.

13. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

No, they didn't :shinado:

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Personally, printed lyrics alone rarely get me very excited one way or the other, and I'm not gonna really throw down a negative opinion on them without hearing the song first.

15. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Nope. This is going to be horrible. And that's from someone whose favourite genre is hiphop.

Trying to stay open-minded, especially since Heavy was fantastic, but it is quite hard after reading these lyrics.

16. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This LP x Stormzy (and Pusha) collab is getting a lot of press. I've seen BBC News, NME and a lot of other big news/music sites reporting on this collab. It was even on Twitter Moments! I think this song has potential to be huge worldwide so I really, really hope the song isn't shit. :lol: Really interested in finding out how the instrumental sounds. Hopefully the song will drop soon!

Also, LPA is now credited on Lauren Nostro's Genius article and also on the Genius' 'Good Goodbye' lyric page which is awesome.

Mitch likes this.
  17. LohithMohan

Did you guys actually contact them about that or did someone from Genius read LPA forums and figure out that they needed to credit you guys?

Also, I feel a reason why the band isn't actually teasing this song with videos is probably because they want to keep the sound a surprise. That's the only way I can make sense of it given how even 'Battle Symphony' got teased a day or two until it's release with some videos.

18. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Pretty sure we shaded them on Twitter. Seems they got the message

19. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Iopia likes this.
  20. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

^ Yeah, it was just a mislink/misunderstanding from her end but she fixed it really quickly once she got notified about it via our tweet. It was nice of her to credit LPA to the song page too.