Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Given his track record, it actually wouldn't surprise me if Kendrick appears on a single edit or remix of one of the OML songs
    Not you specifically. I probably shouldn't have been so absolute in what I said, but it's a thing that applies most of the time; fans of LP's early works are all "such-and-such in the new songs are cliche" but they wouldn't say that about anything heard on "Meteora".

2. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I agree with that. I've been a huge defender of LP against these types of fans. Ironically, I do listen to quite a bit of top 40 stuff on the radio, so hearing what's trendy at the moment, on this track, is somewhat disappointing, but yes, the same could be said about the nu-metal days. Still, it's only a nit-pick. We can't love everything, no matter how much of a supporter.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  3. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

If Kendrick can pull off a double album, why not for LINKIN PARK? OML is very short album with 10 tracks is not enough and not very common for LP.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Only few people do double albums

I know labels often hinder that. Blink-182 wanted to release a new album after album but the label forced them to release it as California (Deluxe) so it's basically a deluxe edition with 11 new songs and Bored to Death (Acoustic) because the label argued that they are still promoting California.

5. Knt.Slbs

I know LP has still more to offer but maybe they cut some songs that doesn't fit to the overall theme of OML. I'm still eager to hear their collab with Conner Youngblood, though.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Double-albums aren't necessarily something everyone has to strive towards. An album being really lengthy isn't in itself a strength

7. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Seems like you missed what I was doing there, with that comment. I'll help you out.

I'm not a fan of Kendrick Lamar, and yeah, normally, I'd be a lot less blunt and in-your-face with saying it. However, in this case, I decided to be literally exactly as disrespectful about it as that poster was when talking about Good Goodbye.

You know, 'when in Rome'... and this place is definitely Rome.

Now, with that in mind, surely you won't still be taking an unfavourable opinion of Lamar and still saying that that must mean I know nothing about rap, correct? I'll give the benefit of the doubt that you're more intelligent than that. And fair enough, without having realized what I was doing with my post in the first place, it could seem like I'm saying Lamar is just like... bad at what he does or that he's some kind of insult to rap.

I don't like his voice, his style, his lyrics, nor most of the instrumental work behind his tracks. That's enough, isn't it? To say I'm not a fan? Regardless of your assumption of how much I do or don't know about rap in general?

I know what I care most about is how it ends up sounding to me. I think that's enough. If you don't, well, I think you're wrong.

I thought I was going to be the first one to finally say something about this. I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure whether it's funny or just stupid how much complaining there's been about this. It's not prominent in the song, it's really not that bad-sounding (though I realize this is purely subjective, so, fine, to those who think it sounds bad), and I can find at least two times in the song where there'd be a noticeable lull/gap of misplaced silence without it being there. Maybe people wanted that to remain a lull, or have "Don't you come back now, no" said in the background by Mike, or Pusha, or Stormzy (hopefully nobody wanted it done by Chester, as it has a connection to the chorus and that wouldn't be easy).

I'd go one step further than saying I'm fine with it, and actually say I kind of like it. I've imagined (with a strong imagination I've had all my life) the song without it, and I think it'd feel like something was missing. But honestly, even if you hate it, it's weird to me to react this badly to it. I would have nothing but a head shake if told it ruined the song for anybody, and of all the iffy things Linkin Park have tried out in the last little while, this seems like it should be low on the list of "problems".

Times like this a sarcastic side of me wants to see Linkin Park throw a chipmunk vocal into everything they do from now on. Just to watch the world burn. Just to see everybody lose their minds.

#AllChipmunksEverything

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Avo, Halfway Dwight, ciao_fiv and 4 others like this.
  8. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Two things about this song:

1) for most of LP's non-remix songs, I usually air guitar, drum or sampler to their songs. This is the first LP song where my first reaction is to do the Kanye-bounce dance. It's so weird.

2) How the hell are they gonna play this song live? :lol:

9. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

My guess is that they'll have a song for Transformers that won't be on OML.

10. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I would think Mike raps all three verses, chipmunk vocal played off one button by Joe, or sung in a much less chipmunky way by another band member, or just left out altogether, and of course Chester on the chorus... if/when the song is played live

11. Knt.Slbs

They were already replaced by Imagine Dragons. but I do feel like Transformers with LP gives the band a boost in mainstream music (refer New Divide), Iridescent was a mistake, such a waste potential.

12. The Joesen One

That makes sense. Other options can be like how rap artists rap their verse and play the chorus a couple of times, or maybe merge it with another song a la Victimized / QWERTY.

13. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I thought that Imagine Dragons song wasn't much of a success... It's not a problem for LP to come back.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  14. Knt.Slbs

We'll see.. but I don't want a Transformers song from OML. it should be a single written specifically for the movie.

15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Which i would wish LP to do more often somehow :lol:

16. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

Halfway Dwight, Meteorain and Noosh like this.
  17. Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Coining the term here first folks, "air samplering". Also chances are, it'll be like Lies Greed Misery where the stage is covered in samplers and MIDI controllers.

18. The Joesen One

I swear, my friends look at me weirdly when I jam to a song when I'm bored and I start pushing buttons in the air while bobbing my head with a passion :lol:

Meteorain, Noosh and blackout. like this.
  19. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I wanna try something.

Name 3 "good rappers" for me really quick...

20. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Honestly, what is your problem? Him not liking Kendrick doesn't mean that he knows nothing about rap music.

This is extremely ignorant and condescending of you.

Avo, Noosh, Halfway Dwight and 7 others like this.