Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Wow. Just wow.

Now go to sleep, it's not a few hours of good nap worth.

2. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

A single artwork is amazing

3. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't know why anyone would want any other pie other than apple pie.

Apple pie is obviously the superior pie.

brady, Iopia and ciao_fiv like this.
  4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Apple pie? What a pleb. If you were a real pie enthusiast, you'd know that key lime pie is the best pie.

Iopia likes this.
  5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This bothers me because there's obviously a misconception on this forum that popular = bad. Just because apple pie is simple and to the point doesn't mean it's worse than some pie with a thousand ingredients that people perceive as "deep" or "eccentric".

Mark, Avo, Nicholas and 6 others like this.
  6. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

ANALOGY
    Close thread.

IronDust71 and brady like this.
  7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

People think Popular = Bad on a Pie forum? You've got to be kidding me. I don't care how long you've been posting here, take one look at the Other Baked Goods subforum, or look at the bakers and chefs usually discussed in the shoutbox. Spoiler: they're all popular.

Mark, Avo, brady and 2 others like this.
  8. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

"When we were creating this thread we felt actually that it was different from any other thread because it carries a sarcastic tone that it almost feels like an "outlier " thread .It was inspired mainly by kendrick lamar's new album and pies of course ."

Avo, brady, Iopia and 2 others like this.
  9. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I appreciate you're doing your job, as you're right, we were off topic. But I gotta be honest I don't really appreciate the dumbed-down generalization of dick measuring. It's fair if you didn't read that last post of mine, as it was super lengthy, but if you had you would've seen that's not what was going on. At least not on my part. I was actually actively trying to say a couple of things contradictory to that type of 'battle', as you put it. Also, the last time I said anything, before this, was a couple of days ago. In the meantime it was Blackee discussing/arguing with other people, not me. One reason my post was so long was because of that, catching up, responding to multiple posts. So it kind of feels like I say one thing (granted insanely long) and I get that admin response almost right away?

I would've preferred Blackee read that and hopefully responded, but I respect your request to move on from it, and I'll adhere to it.

So from me, it's dropped. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Avo and Iopia like this.
  10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My apologies for it seeming like I was targeting you directly. It wasn't directed at you, even though I can understand you feeling as such due to it coming directly after your post. Instead it was directed at the 'you don't know hip-hop, here let me provoke you to list all your favorite hiphop artists to prove I'm better than you' debate that was going on. That particular ongoing battle was childish and immature, and it was beginning to grate on the patience of the moderators and some of the people in the thread.

So, accept my apologies if it seems like that missile was fired at you.

Meteorain and Iopia like this.
  11. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Pie is gross. I hate pie

12. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I don't think you got the point at all. First off, it's not me who's pegging things down as "quality" (because that would be pointless, same if you had done it), it's a general consensus I've seen across multiple music forums, friends, etc. Maybe you've had a different experience, and that's cool, but I don't know why you're trying to argue against this, it's just what I've seen, simple as. I agree that hindsight gives a better perspective on who innovated and who didn't but that's not relevant to the point in the slightest. You were talking about artists that are perceived as "cool to listen to", which, right now, Kendrick most certainly is. And no, I can't name any modern rock examples, because I don't believe there really are any. Rock isn't particularly in vogue right now, you know? It's not something a lot of artists can achieve.

I don't really know why you're trying to argue against it anyway (and you actually didn't really do much to argue against it really), it's not insulting and it's not a relevant part of the discussion at all. It just seems baffling to me that you're trying to tell me I'm wrong on this, but whatever.

PS: Well done on telling me conversations don't have to be instant on here, it's not like I literally said that in my last post or anything...

No one's arguing against that? Or at least I haven't been. I think at this point you're reading what you want to read instead of what people are actually trying to say. The problem isn't what you're saying, it's how you're saying it. No one will ever care about what you think if you say it in a rude, "know-it-all", condescending manner. Especially when you start accusing people of all manner of things because of a passing comment they made. I said it in the shout box and I'll say it again, not every post has to be a formal dissertation on the pros and cons of different genres. Loosen up, you don't need to pounce on every person who casually says "I hate pop" or "XYZ is shit". Just politely explain why you disagree and move on. Which brings me to my next point...

No one's countered your posts? What are you on about? :lol:

Anyway, again, you're missing the point. Let me be real frank here for a minute. You're just not good at arguing your points (which makes the "no one's countered what I'm saying" remark even funnier). As I said above, no one has a problem with you debating people who attack pop music (or whatever other topic you want). But the problem comes when you fail to actually talk about the topic at hand (why pop music is good, why Kendrick is a good rapper), and instead resort to:

1) Accusing people of not knowing anything about the genre.

2) Accusing people of only having the opinions they do because they think it makes them look cool.

3) Assuming what type of music people listen to to further your point (hint: shouldn't be necessary if you have a good point in the first place).

4) Telling people they're "uninformed" and that their opinions aren't as valid as yours, without once explaining why you might feel that way (another hint: if you have a good argument, you shouldn't need to tell people their opinions are less valid than yours in order to convince them of something).

5) Constantly resorting to condescending language ("Breath and count to 10"? Really?) instead of actually making a point.

6) And most recently: Claiming that "no one's argued against my point so I must be right", even after multiple people have put up page after page explaining why they disagree.

Honestly, without getting too personal, I just don't like how whenever you get involved in a discussion, you always have to do so in a condescending, "I'm right", sort of way, arguing against people and not what they're saying. Whether you're right or wrong is irrelevant, it's the hostile, condescending attitude towards anyone who dares disagree with you that I find a bit immature.

The final thing I'll say is about the "I think a lot of criticisms on here are influenced heavily by peoples outside influences instead of actual internalization" remark. Has it ever occurred to you that these people have thought about these things seriously and have reached a different conclusion to you? That your opinion isn't some universal truth? Why do you feel the need to assume that if someone doesn't agree with you, then they must not have thought it through? Honestly, to flip things around, I have no reason to believe that you're not clouded by outside influences and biases. Point is, I 100% agree that some opinions are more informed than others, but I don't see why you're assuming that your opinion is more informed than anyone who disagrees with you. And it really strikes me that the only way you have of arguing your point is by telling people their opinions are less informed, instead of actually debating the topic itself.

Either way, I don't particularily love these ranty arguments. We're just going around in circles at this point. I've made my (exceptional) points (see what I did there? :lol:) so feel free to reply if you want, but let's just agree to disagree.

Meteorain likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

:facepalm:

Please guys. I get it. You wanna get your last words in, but can we just agree to disagree now and let this go? Please. I'm not targeting anyone, but we've now asked twice for the Blackee Vs ___ war to come to an end and parties involved with it keep making replies. If you want to argue some more, please do so respectfully and maturely over PM.

Alexrednex and Meteorain like this.
  14. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So I was puzzled why Pusha would make a verse like "A period is after every sentence" but then I realized the next line is "did my time with my cellmate" and then I realized that sentence = jail -> cellmate :eek:

And then I went to Genius and it turns out other annotators had the same idea :lol:

Another annotator noted that "wings up, now I'm airborne" might reference Pusha's recent album.

[​IMG]

Also apparently Stormzy's "tings" is slang for women, which makes "linking tings in parks" sound less forced :lol:

Modern Guitar God and Iopia like this.
  15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I would've taken the time to explain all of that last week (the patois stuff specifically) but I figured no-one would listen, given that they'd already made up their minds about rap lyrics they didn't understand. :rolleyes: And, also, I was pretty annoyed.

As an aside, while I like a lot of hip-hop, "Darkest Before Dawn" is one of the only hip-hop albums that I like.

The Joesen One likes this.
  16. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Soz bae :kicking:

Damn I didn't pick up on that. Makes his verse seem a lot less random haha.

17. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Just to be aware, Hahninator said on LPL:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:28 PM
    In case anyone is wondering, this is not a single. I asked LP mgmt. Heavy is the only single right now and the two promo songs released early are Battle Symphony and Good Goodbye.

18. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Really? I could've sworn I heard somewhere GG was a full single. That's interesting!

19. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

that's why I was so surprised that no one saw how Push came with that heat [​IMG]

Meteorain and The Joesen One like this.
  20. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Maybe it's a promo now, but I guess that it might be an official single following the album's release (or maybe shortly before the release, who knows), especially since a music video was filmed. The band rarely release music videos of songs that don't end up as singles.

Also random fact about Pusha, he was one half of Clipse with (No) Malice, and you might have heard them in big songs before, like this.

(Pusha comes in at around 2:45)