Linkin Park announces dates for North American Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 2, 2017.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Well this sucks... I move in to college in Tennessee August 19th so I won't be able to catch any of the Texas shows. Everything after that is too far away to go to. Guess I won't be seeing them this cycle :cry:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh of course they have a Seattle date when I'm no longer living in the area. I just can't catch a break, can I?

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Some of this has probably already been touched on. I admit I haven't read the existing comments yet despite being only on page 2.

- I predict MGK will rap something or two (thinking Good Goodbye, maybe Guilty All the Same as well) with Linkin Park
    - Notable gap from Sep 2 to Oct 14. I could easily think taking a break with them not being super young anymore and with past things like Chester's health coming up during a tour. But I do think they'll add at least a couple more dates in there. I'm hoping they get to areas they aren't currently going close to, for the sake of those fans, and not make them travel like 8 hours or something.
    - It's about that time where I think about if I'm going to add 1-3 shows far away from me as an "excuse" to travel, centering around tour dates, like I have in the past for trips to California... if this happens, I'll be seeing them in August as well as October lol
    - Their choice of venue for the primary date I was looking at has actually made my decision of GA vs Seats harder than it was before. They've picked a venue I've been before so I know the setup very well. The seats are only out in front or to the left and right areas of the stage, but none directly at the sides and none facing any risk at all of technically being a little bit behind the stage (which I have seen before). Seats are so well-positioned at this venue that sometimes those tickets are actually more expensive than GA/Pit/Floor. So now I really don't know what to do........

I can see why some are upset about the supporting act. For one, it's just one apparently, as opposed to two acts like they've often had. I like MGK and I'm happy to get a chance to see him without a special effort, but Blink was in the exact same boat -- I like them and this would've meant I get to see them without a special effort.

Past support I've seen has included : POD (when they were still cool), Story of the Year, Hoobastank (who I loved at the time), 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, Rise Against and of Mice and Men (I had a ticket but that show was cancelled before they hit my venue, and they refunded me), Incubus, Mutemath, Pendulum, Prodigy.... this is almost all very good support (I legitimately really like basically all of them, the "lesser" being Mice & Men and Prodigy for me) and it's been two + for all of them. So I understand why some people are disappointed.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Lmao fucking MGK.

brady likes this.
    Meteorain

ONE MORE LIGHT NORTH AMERICAN TOUR - SUMMER 2017

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS MACHINE GUN KELLY & ONE OK ROCK

Just saw this in an email. Guess it's two acts after all and that One OK Rock is also coming to North America?

EDIT : We're excited to announce the One More Light North American Tour coming to a city near you this summer with very special guests Machine Gun Kelly, and ONE OK ROCK at select dates

Boston, Philadelphia, Bristow, Uncasville have One OK Rock tagged

Seattle, Vancouver, Fresno, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles denote "Support to be announced"

All others are apparently just Linkin Park and Machine Gun Kelly.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    brady likes this.
    lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Coming to Tampa a few days before I start school. Oh baby I am so hyped!

The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

In the email they sent, it says ONE OK ROCK is also an opener

Meteorain likes this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I bet tickets will be mind-blowingly expensive, too.

JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

Wait...this is the first tour cycle since I started seeing them in 07 that there is no NY date at all. I am sincerely dumbfounded and heart broken...what gives...I really hope that they're planning to add more...

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

They haven't even played in my country since MTM. :lol:

JSigcha10 likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Where's your precious Blink-182 now? :devil:

The Joesen One likes this.
    Meteorain

Honestly when I first heard the Blink-182 rumour it did cross my mind that it's not quite the same without Tom. That being said, I still would've taken a lot of positive in seeing them, as I know a lot of their material and have a good idea of what they'd play at a show.

I know a good chunk of MGK's stuff too and I like a lot of what I've heard, but I'm not even sure he's going to play some of my favourites, like Merry Go Round. I have no grasp of what he did and didn't use as singles, or what others deem popular or famous songs. I assume Bad Things and At My Best will be played unless he can't sample a female vocal or can't find anyone else to do it with him...

Stereo should be played... it better be lol

superdupercop18

superdupercop18 New Member

Oh great, thanks for skipping Portland again, like the last 13 years.

James11693

James11693 Member

Does everyone who signed up for the pre sale, get a chance that Tuesday? If that's the case, there May not even be tickets left for the general sale. If it's a 4 ticket limit and a few thousand sign up for one show, that's basically the venue. My issue is I wanted to bring 6 people but it might be better to just get 4 tickets on the pre sale. Also, I'm in group 2. Is there anyway I can get bumped down to group 3 or something?

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I'd be disappointed about the lack of nearby shows, but after hearing the two openers on youtube, i wouldnt go anyways.

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

That's a shame! Normally, they play somewhere reasonably close by--Nashville or Atlanta, usually, but it looks like Charlotte might be the closest option, depending on where in TN.

I caught them in Nashville last time around, but I moved to Seattle last year and wasn't sure if they normally play around here. I was ready to plan a trip to visit Nashville, but it looks like I got lucky!

You could hop the train up to Seattle!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'll be at the Seattle date as well! Also, getting a seat ticket. My friend and I are going. It will be my second time seeing them and his first time. We are both huge fans of them. I even more excited because our show is on a Saturday!

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I totally feel this.

I had the same issue in 2012 when the came to Seattle in September but I had to move to Arizona for college in August. Was awful timing.

Come to Seattle! Our show is on a Saturday so I assume it's easier for most people to plan around.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Nice, this is my chance to see...

[​IMG]

Nah, I'm good