Linkin Park announces dates for North American Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 2, 2017.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

Seattle is there. only Fresno isn't.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yesterday Seattle wasn't on there.

Looks like it is now, thanks!

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I saw a Rolling Stones article also mention "New York and Pennsylvania still have dates to be announced"

Blake likes this.
    James11693

James11693 Member

I'm assuming they're gonna be announced this week also right? or Monday the latest? It told me on that pre sale thing that I was eligible to get New York tickets on Tuesday.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

What a fucking joke. Skipping Cleveland again. Apparently 10 years wasn't enough.

Not to mention, they are touring with MG - FUCKING - K. HE IS FROM CLEVELAND. I could forgive the fact that they're touring with that douchebag instead of co-headlining with someone good if that meant going to K's hometown. But nope. They're literally just hitting the exact same cities from their last 2 US tours. It's like they don't even give a shit. Fuck this band.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

My friends and I switched over to CT gonna make a weekend trip out of it.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I was fine with your post, understanding completely that you're frustrated, and why. If you hadn't ended it with "Fuck this band", I could've left this alone.

There are a lot of factors that go into planning a tour, some of which the band themselves don't even control. I'm not going to pretend I know every last in and out of this subject matter, but I do know that things like scheduling are a huge part of it. Let's say Cleveland would've been the Quicken Loans Arena. Isn't it possible that the range of dates that would've worked for the tour, don't work for this venue, or any other viable venue in Cleveland? It's not a wide range either, as it has to fit in with when the tour is in that area, so they're not wildly drawing map lines all over the continent. This is a tour bus after all, not flights.

Do you honestly think if MGK, being from Cleveland, requested to have a show in his hometown, that Linkin Park would've been like "No. Fuck that and fuck you. This is OUR shit."? Because you kind of paint the picture like LP is taking this hardline, unreasonable stance, when you pin it all on them by ending with "It's like they don't even give a shit. Fuck this band."

They didn't skip the state of Ohio. I get that Cincinnati is like 4 hours away, but it's still an option. People have traveled further for a show without lashing out at the band like this for it. There was one year they skipped Toronto, Canada's biggest city, and chose London instead which was 2 hours away. Obviously 2 is better than 4, but the point is people from Toronto who wanted to be there, were still there. Sure I didn't go and talk to every last one who made the trip, but I would bet if they agreed to make the trip, spend the gas and pay the ticket price, they weren't doing it while muttering obscenities under their breath towards the band.

ScottyB2

ScottyB2 New Member

So disappointed. I saw LP at Projekt Revolution when I was 16. They were with Mudvayne and Xzibit and I remember it like it was yesterday. I'll be 31 in December and they have NEVER come back to Louisiana since. This is my first post, I've followed for years but I just wanted to voice my displeasure. Seems as though they'd come to New Orleans at least once in the past 15 years. We pull lots of other large artists. We have The Weeknd and the Chainsmokers both coming to town next week, we've had Ariana Grande, Drake, etc. Why not Linkin Park?

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Except that I HAVE driven 3+ hours to see them in Detroit twice and Columbus once already. I HAVE been giving them the benefit of the doubt, ever since I became a fan of the band at 12 years old in 2008 (1 goddamn year after they last hit Cleveland, but I doubt I would've been allowed to go see them at that age anyways). I've been willing to wait, despite my older and wiser father telling me that there's NO excuse for them not to be hitting Cleveland, when literally every other band as big as them does regularly. I let this pass for the last 4 goddamn US tours (the cancelled 2015 tour had no CLE date as well, big surprise there) but not anymore. I get that there are others who are still waiting for LP to visit their country for the first time, but I'm sorry, I live in a major city. There's no reason I should be dealing with this bullshit. We just won the NBA Finals for fuck's sake (and are about to do so again....). This is inexcusable at this point.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I'm trying to say this in a non offensive way but you sound like a baby.. LP doesn't owe you or the great city of Cleveland anything lol

Also I'm not sure that the NBA has anything to do with this tour

Avo and Iopia like this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I get that you're annoyed, but all I can think of is this :lol:

(0:29 if the embed doesn't show correctly)

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Guys, if you're feeling annoyed, just imagine us here from Asian countries. Sometimes they skip our countries entirely and we have no other choice but to fly to the nearest show. At least you guys can drive. :shrug: They've only been in my country twice, and it took us ten years after their first show before they came back here.

Iopia likes this.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

So are we supposed to receive a LPU specific presage code or is that a part of my generic presage code?