Funny or Die: A First Date with Blink 182 & Linkin Park, 2 Tour Dates with Blink 182 Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 4, 2017.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

"We weren't smothering her, were we?" = "Can't you see that you're smothering me?" in "Numb" :lol: nobody in their right mind would say "smothering" that way

Sasuke likes this.
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I mean, it's not the most laugh-out-loud funny thing I've seen, but I got a chuckle out of it.

So, since that brief moment of joy is more than I've gotten out of the rest of this album cycle so far, I'll take it as a win.

Blake and Deliveranze like this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

When I was younger, I always thought it was "Can't you see that you're slaughtering me" :lol:

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

OHHHH thanks :D

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I think it's more funny that Chester looks like belongs in Blink more than LP if you compare the looks of the members.

Blake likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This makes me wonder when they will announce the Support for the October days. I'm hoping it's a rock band and if it is a rapper, I hope it's one I like.

Really hope Blink-182 will jump on the October shows but I'm doubtful.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

What about the uk support still no news

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I hate to sound like a grinch, but I hope these shows that get both Blink and MGK (along with of course LP), or LP + MGK + One OK Rock, have some "drawback" to them compared to the shows only getting MGK and LP. I guess I'll also throw in the October shows denoted with two stars ** indicating support not yet announced, as even though I don't know yet who it is, it's still more than 2 bands.

- More expensive tickets?
    - Shorter LP setlist?

Doesn't seem right if both of those factors are exactly the same for all shows, when some are minus an entire notable performer, and 2 acts instead of 3.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Wow cant belive LP is gonna be at Citi field, and im a Mets fan, that doesnt get any better. I dont think LP has ever played at a Baseball stadium before, I wonder how the set up is gonna be, i dont think there will be a Pit area, if the stage is gonna be on the field, i doubt they will let fans on the field, thats gonna be a weird set up for a concert.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Other bands have played at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, home of the MLB's Blue Jays. The field has been turf though (is Citi Field grass? That'll make it harder) and they would turn the entire surface to rock/ground, I guess by removing the turf. If Citi is grass, maybe they could throw down something overtop of it, after removing the dirt for the pitcher's mound to get rid of a huge bump in the ground.

I can't imagine they make everybody sit in the usual Mets game seats with the band being that far away from everybody. I mean, maybe, but my bet is they would find a way to protect the grass to have people be able to get closer. Because you're right, I can't imagine they just let a whole bunch of people trample the grass like that.

ScottyB2

ScottyB2 New Member

So disappointed. I saw LP at Projekt Revolution when I was 16. They were with Mudvayne and Xzibit and I remember it like it was yesterday. I'll be 31 in December and they have NEVER come back to Louisiana since. This is my first post, I've followed for years but I just wanted to voice my displeasure. Seems as though they'd come to New Orleans at least once in the past 15 years. We pull lots of other large artists. We have The Weeknd and the Chainsmokers both coming to town next week, we've had Ariana Grande, Drake, etc. Why not Linkin Park?

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Citi field has a grass field. I just cant think of how they are gonna let fans on the field, its hard to get on the field, i mean the only way on to the field are through the isles and hop over the small wall onto the field, unless they open up a section which i doubt they will do, it just seems weird for a concert to be at a baseball stadium.

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the NY show. Do we have a thread for that show yet, where people can collab a meetup?

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Cool to see there are more US dates. My highest hope is for a Fall Out Boy co-headlining show I can make lol. That'll be great.

Kevin

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

For anyone that might have missed this (as I haven't seen it mentioned much in this thread) posters from Blink-182's Facebook also confirm Wu-Tang Clan and Machine Gun Kelly for the NYC show. Damn, that's 4 huge acts! No Wu-Tang Clan for the PA show though.

Kevin

I wonder if the name order on the posters mean anything. Like, first night Blink plays before LP and the second night LP plays before Blink.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'm gonna assume that's exactly what it is. Blink-182 are a huge headlining act themselves. So I can see them coming to an agreement like this.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I could definitely see this. Blink-182 doesn't have the overall sales as Linkin Park but in 2017 in the US they have the same popularity. Blink-182 sold out the same venue Linkin Park will be playing at in Seattle.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Tbh I'm kinda hoping not because I want to save the best for last :lol: